Thread: Hydrafacial Treatment

Default Hydrafacial Treatment

Hi there,

I'm interested to see if anybody has explored this treatment of their rosacea? Dr Montero in Burnley has championed the use of this as part of a 'wrap around' treatment with IPL.

I've had two hydrafacials with him and i've found them to be extremely helpful in terms of calming baseline redness and generally making my skin less reactive. I've had IPL treatments for 10 years or so and have found this a very welcome addition to my treatment plan.

The hydrafacial benefits only last for 3-4 weeks and require top up treatments, however Dr Montero has said that in many cases his patients are having these every 4-6 weeks with the odd laser treatment thrown in for maintenance.

I'd be interested to know if anybody else has explored this treatment?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo44 View Post
    Hi there,

I'm interested to see if anybody has explored this treatment of their rosacea? Dr Montero in Burnley has championed the use of this as part of a 'wrap around' treatment with IPL.

I've had two hydrafacials with him and i've found them to be extremely helpful in terms of calming baseline redness and generally making my skin less reactive. I've had IPL treatments for 10 years or so and have found this a very welcome addition to my treatment plan.

The hydrafacial benefits only last for 3-4 weeks and require top up treatments, however Dr Montero has said that in many cases his patients are having these every 4-6 weeks with the odd laser treatment thrown in for maintenance.

I'd be interested to know if anybody else has explored this treatment?

Steve
    Hi Steve, I have not tried a hydra facial but have been interested in seeing Dr Montero, ever since I saw he was recommended by Dr Crouch. Can I ask how you have found your treatments in general with him? Lasers, facials - anything! I have read lots of scary stories about facial fat loss from laser treatment so if I do make the plunge I would like to be sure it is with an experienced practitioner

Sorry if this is off topic in this thread, but it's both an answer to your question and a review of the treatments I got with Dr Montero.

I saw Dr Montero and his team for six Hydrafacials combined with VBeam and IPL, and found the treatments helpful but probably not strong enough for my problems.

Before the VBeam and iPL sessions, the Hydrafacials are performed by aestheticians, some of whom are very thorough and some of whom are a bit cursory and don't exfoliate your face enough. As I understood the process, the facial consists of a manual exfoliation with a vacuum device, followed by a glycolic acid peel and then an 'antioxidant infusion' and some oils to calm the face down. It was surprisingly well-tolerated as I have very sensitive skin.

The VBeam and IPL treatments (which Dr Montero does himself) shrank the area of my face that turns red when I flush, reduced the permanent redness in some spots, and removed some telangiectasia on my cheeks and nose. Also it wasn't what I was going for, but the IPL improved the appearance of my skin generally and removed some scars on my forehead.

Dr Montero uses a lot of cooling during the treatments, and after the treatments there is 20 minutes of cooling and low-level LED therapy. I left the office only somewhat more red than usual. During recovery I flushed more than usual for a couple weeks and had some flaking for a few days, but my face was better than usual afterwards. I did not have any problems with burns or 'fat loss' (which is actually probably collagen damage).

Unfortunately I still have some persistent redness and periodic bouts of bad flushing, though less of both than before. I also have a spot on my nose that might be more red than before the treatment where I think some angiogenesis might have occurred after a more intense VBeam session. I think my next step is probably to try a purpuric treatment, and I would discuss this with Dr Montero but I have since moved out of the UK.

I'd recommend anyone here consider seeing him as he has a good understanding of rosacea physiology and various lasers, and knows how to take a conservative approach that minimises the likelihood of causing new problems.