Thread: Newbie here with Vbeam Burns :( please help!

Default Newbie here with Vbeam Burns :( please help!

Hi all. I'm a 43 year old female with mild rosacea and moderate broken capilaries in the face (heriditary) who has been doing vbeam over 15 years, with the same derm no problems until Wednesday. The derm did my usual setting 9.5 but he went over my cheeks twice which isn't usual. Now I look like there are deep dark purple spots, some scabbing and I look worse today than yesterday. I actually also had so much swelling around my eyes, the derm called me back for a steroid shot. My question is has anyone been thru this with vbeam? I'm worried the purple spots are permanent. Please tell me they're not.,I'm so angry. My derm actually applogized, assured me in a couple weeks it Will resolve but we don't know what went wrong. Need reassurance. Thank you.

Hello,
    My mother do vbeam every year, and sometimes she gets this dark purple spot with a swollen face (with chinese eyes ).
    Don't worry, it will resolve.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Optimismum View Post
    Hello,
    My mother do vbeam every year, and sometimes she gets this dark purple spot with a swollen face (with chinese eyes ).
    Don't worry, it will resolve.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Thank you for responding. On day 3, swelling is gone but horrible purple scabs

Default laser burns

Hi Erica, seem my thread (Monica 555), very similar age group and experience. Did the derm recommend anything to you. I am 5 days post and not much better. Hang in there and let's hope we both get better in a few days. I never had this reaction before and really regret doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by monika555 View Post
    Hi Erica, seem my thread (Monica 555), very similar age group and experience. Did the derm recommend anything to you. I am 5 days post and not much better. Hang in there and let's hope we both get better in a few days. I never had this reaction before and really regret doing this.
    There is a cream called Epidermal Repair by Skinceuticals that is specifically designed to help skin repair after laser treatments. It works even on very sensitive skin with rosacea. I use it and I think it's worth trying, despite being expensive.