Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reducing Carbs.

Default Reducing Carbs.

I am reducing carbs and have found that my skin is becoming more sensitive. Currently I am consuming around 100g of carbs per day.

Has anybody found this, is my body getting used to the reduced number of carbs available to it?

It takes about 30 days to notice improvement. Drink lots of water and eat protein. You should notice improvement in your sensitive skin in about thirty days.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    It takes about 30 days to notice improvement. Drink lots of water and eat protein. You should notice improvement in your sensitive skin in about thirty days.
    Hi Brady,

As always thanks for the prompt reply.

I have been gradually reducing my carbs and replacing them with protein for the last two weeks. Today I am down to around 70g of carbs which is very low for me.

Currently I am drinking around 5 litres of water a day in place of anything else so I will keep that up.

Regards.

You are half way there! Don't worry about the fat issues that everyone raises about going on a high protein diet. Remember this is just an experiment for 30 days and you will simply find out for yourself if this helps control your sensitive skin or rosacea. It isn't a cure, just like taking any other treatment for rosacea, it simply is another treatment to control your rosacea. Many have found it does indeed help to control rosacea. Keep us updated on your progress.

By the way, I have always said that after the thirty days you should return to your previous high carbohydrate diet and see if your rosacea returns. If it does indeed come back, this gives you solid evidence whether or not you want to control your rosacea with a high protein diet. You can then modify your diet with the appropriate amount of carbohydrate you know will control your rosacea. That amount of carbohydrate is different for each individual so you will need to experiment to find out what works for you. But the thirty days of very low carbohydrate is necessary to convince you that this treatment does indeed work for you. Not everyone can do this nor does everyone report that a low carbohydrate diet controls their rosacea. The only way to know if it works for you is to hang in there for two more weeks! Based upon your current regimen I am confident you can keep this up for two more weeks.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by ZK_78 View Post
    I am reducing carbs and have found that my skin is becoming more sensitive. Currently I am consuming around 100g of carbs per day.

Has anybody found this, is my body getting used to the reduced number of carbs available to it?
    Hi there,

I am wondering how long you have been reducing carbs? I'm guessing your body is still learning to burn fat for fuel (you might have more adrenaline and acetylcholine as your body retrains itself). I do know that other people without rosacea say they have flushing tendencies when first going low-carb.

I am thinking of trying a low carb diet sometime soon, so trying to read more about it.

Maybe try to stay hydrated and eat more regularly throughout the day?

I'd be very interested if low carb helps your rosacea in the long run, I'm hoping it does! Good luck.

Lizzy

I do a low carb diet and more carbs always equals more eye pain and flushing. I know if I have more sugar I'll be in more pain the next day. Even natural sugars are bad for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Faith1989 View Post
    I do a low carb diet and more carbs always equals more eye pain and flushing. I know if I have more sugar I'll be in more pain the next day. Even natural sugars are bad for me.
    Hi ! Just curious , did you ever try systane eye lid wipes for you eye pain ? I have dry eye and these along with a warm compress have done my eyes wonders

Umm I have but I am unsure they did much, maybe I should try again. I use Cliradex

Quote Originally Posted by Faith1989 View Post
    Umm I have but I am unsure they did much, maybe I should try again. I use Cliradex
    How do the Cliradex work for you ? I also use baby shampoo now after i remove my eye makeup at night . This has helped ALOT too . I have learned so much about my eyes and making little changes really made a difference . Like you would think regular eye make up remover removes all traces of mascara right ? I learned not . I also use a q tip to rub along my lashes and see the left over mascara that you think should of not been there . This alone use to irritate my eyes and I had no clue why they felt so crappy the next day . Well now I know .

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    Hi there,

I am wondering how long you have been reducing carbs? I'm guessing your body is still learning to burn fat for fuel (you might have more adrenaline and acetylcholine as your body retrains itself). I do know that other people without rosacea say they have flushing tendencies when first going low-carb.

I am thinking of trying a low carb diet sometime soon, so trying to read more about it.

Maybe try to stay hydrated and eat more regularly throughout the day?

I'd be very interested if low carb helps your rosacea in the long run, I'm hoping it does! Good luck.

Lizzy
    Hi Lizzy,

I have been reducing my carbs over the last two weeks. Yes, I suspect there is a degree of readjustment going on.

It isn't easy because I am an active person so rely on clean carbs such as oats for energy.

At the moment I am restricted to oily fish, poultry, green veg and select fruits that aren't triggers for me. I drink plenty of water and eat at regular intervals throughout the day.

My skin is looking paler and feeling much better. Interestingly, skin pore size is reduced.

Only another two weeks to go. I will keep you posted.

Any further feedback on your Botox treatment?

Regards.