Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 200

Thread: URGENT help please, I've never woken up with it this bad. Desperate! (w/ pics)

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    514
    Country: South Africa

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genetic_Limit View Post
    I dont know what demodex mites are, but due to redness he cant use oils on his face.I don't know about the pustules ( different issue)but the redness seems to be seborhea dermatitis and almost all oils feed and aggrivate it further
    Demodex mites, which live on everyone's faces, are said to be one of the main causes of rosacea. Rosacea sufferers tend to have a much higher than normal amount of Demodex mites on their faces. Soolantra is a fairly new product which contains ivermectin as the main ingredient. Ivermectin is used on animals to control parasites, etc. Many desperate people have resorted to taking ivermectin intended for animals after befriending veterinarians, due to ease of access as well as price. Soolantra is still very expensive.

    I believe I have rosacea which is changing to seb derm in some areas. Possibly contact dermatitis too.

    I am very eager to try Soolantra, but as mentioned, it's not available in my country as yet.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    I also started drinking green tea. Do you think this could be bad for me? I have it with it's warm, not hot. I boil the kettle to 70'C and wait a bit.
    This is a little influencer in general.Sure drink tea for your own enjoyment, but don't expect it to immideatly have big effects

    I have seborhea dermatitis and my last breakout was 40 days ago.Like you i moisturized for years and when i stopped i had the worst breakout ever, lasting several weeks.Being 40 days i have not had another breakout yet, but it is to early to tell.What i do know however is that up to this point my skin has been surviving without any topical applications besides water

    My ace in the deck however is healthy approach with foods, movement, exercise and low levels of stress

    I do avoid harsh weather conditions and neither do i get in much contact with water to avoid stripping away natural oils

    Having felt the full blown devastating negative physylogical consequences of this condition i also believe it is important to be prepared for the next one

    Like me you have done rookie mistakes which caused the condition to get way worse and last way longer than it has/had to

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    514
    Country: South Africa

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genetic_Limit View Post
    This is a little influencer in general.Sure drink tea for your own enjoyment, but don't expect it to immideatly have big effects

    I have seborhea dermatitis and my last breakout was 40 days ago.Like you i moisturized for years and when i stopped i had the worst breakout ever, lasting several weeks.Being 40 days i have not had another breakout yet, but it is to early to tell.What i do know however is that up to this point my skin has been surviving without any topical applications besides water

    My ace in the deck however is healthy approach with foods, movement, exercise and low levels of stress

    I do avoid harsh weather conditions and neither do i get in much contact with water to avoid stripping away natural oils

    Having felt the full blown devastating negative physylogical consequences of this condition i also believe it is important to be prepared for the next one

    Like me you have done rookie mistakes which caused the condition to get way worse and last way longer than it has/had to
    Indeed, what worked for me for rosacea may have caused the seb derm. So there are two sides here, on the one hand moisturiser and TTO were helping, on the other they weren't. I will go back to trying to do as little as possible with my skin. I won't moisturise, and if I have any problems, I'll just have to use some Protopic...

    How do you shave? Please explain your method.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default Let it be

    Hi Red Recluse,

    So I am in the same boat as you. I have tried everything but I really do think that the rosecea is due to mites. And since your using tea tree oil they are totally dying off. The process takes along time. According to demodex solutions and this reddit blog that I looked at today you are on the right path. It takes at least a month to get better but you have to stick with it. (Taken from a blog) Week 2-3uring this period, you’ll experience the most severe breakout of the entire treatment. Your skin will become more dry and clusters of bumps similar to a mosquito bite might surface in affected areas. Don’t become alarmed or disgruntled during this difficult time. If you experience a breakout, it’s due to the dead demodex mites under your skin. As their bodies decay, the demodex produces bacteria inside the follicles of your skin. Once the bacteria is gone, the bumps will disappear and healthy skin will be revealed. ( Yep, This is pretty much what happened. They could have warned how bad this would be)

    Week 4:Noticeable improvements to your skin will become apparent. (Yep, my skin has been beautiful as you have seen)

    Week 5-7:You’ll experience a series of light rashes and breakouts during this period. It won’t be nearly as bad as the initial “die-off” stage during weeks 2 and 3, but it might seem like a setback (it’s not). These breakouts are caused by the decaying demodex mites that recently hatched from the eggs of the demodex parents killed weeks prior. After this group of offspring are eliminated, you’ll begin enjoying clear and healthy skin.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAdd...apulopustular/

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    514
    Country: South Africa

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mharvey1234!! View Post
    Hi Red Recluse,

    So I am in the same boat as you. I have tried everything but I really do think that the rosecea is due to mites. And since your using tea tree oil they are totally dying off. The process takes along time. According to demodex solutions and this reddit blog that I looked at today you are on the right path. It takes at least a month to get better but you have to stick with it. (Taken from a blog) Week 2-3uring this period, you’ll experience the most severe breakout of the entire treatment. Your skin will become more dry and clusters of bumps similar to a mosquito bite might surface in affected areas. Don’t become alarmed or disgruntled during this difficult time. If you experience a breakout, it’s due to the dead demodex mites under your skin. As their bodies decay, the demodex produces bacteria inside the follicles of your skin. Once the bacteria is gone, the bumps will disappear and healthy skin will be revealed. ( Yep, This is pretty much what happened. They could have warned how bad this would be)

    Week 4:Noticeable improvements to your skin will become apparent. (Yep, my skin has been beautiful as you have seen)

    Week 5-7:You’ll experience a series of light rashes and breakouts during this period. It won’t be nearly as bad as the initial “die-off” stage during weeks 2 and 3, but it might seem like a setback (it’s not). These breakouts are caused by the decaying demodex mites that recently hatched from the eggs of the demodex parents killed weeks prior. After this group of offspring are eliminated, you’ll begin enjoying clear and healthy skin.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAdd...apulopustular/
    Hi mharvey1234!!

    I'm so appreciative of your post. Yes, I'm convinced I have Demodex and that my problem is due to a huge die-off.

    Funnily enough I did research the ZZ products about a year ago, and I was very grateful at the time to find out that they were sold in my city. I was using TTO around that time or shortly after, which was working, so I forgot about the ZZ products. I also suspected that they may be a scam.

    Thank you so much for your Reddit links. I've read through them and confirmed exactly what I needed. I then went back to the website offering the ZZ products, and placed my order.

    I was then absolutely elated to find out that their premises are 1.5km from my house. I will be on my way to collect my ointment and cream in the next 30 minutes.

    I'm so excited to try these products, and I'll be sure to report back here.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    514
    Country: South Africa

    Default

    Today's update, pre-ZZ ointment.




  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    514
    Country: South Africa

    Default










  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    514
    Country: South Africa

    Default

    6 hours in. Reduction in redness.




  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Indeed, what worked for me for rosacea may have caused the seb derm. So there are two sides here, on the one hand moisturiser and TTO were helping, on the other they weren't. I will go back to trying to do as little as possible with my skin. I won't moisturise, and if I have any problems, I'll just have to use some Protopic...

    How do you shave? Please explain your method.
    Good that you are getting better with the creams regarding the mites, but if you are developing seborhea dermatitis than it is not to be taken lightly

    I really wholeheartedly hope that it subsides and stays dormant without more heartbreaking breakouts

    Skin issues like this are often pre warning signs of general health and to be adressed properly with health altering lifestyle changes


    About shaving.I use an electric shaving machine that wont even touch my skin with blades.Couldnt imagine any other way

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    514
    Country: South Africa

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genetic_Limit View Post
    Good that you are getting better with the creams regarding the mites, but if you are developing seborhea dermatitis than it is not to be taken lightly

    I really wholeheartedly hope that it subsides and stays dormant without more heartbreaking breakouts

    Skin issues like this are often pre warning signs of general health and to be adressed properly with health altering lifestyle changes


    About shaving.I use an electric shaving machine that wont even touch my skin with blades.Couldnt imagine any other way
    Agreed. I'm pretty certain that I do have some seb derm patches, like I mentioned earlier in my moustache and on my chin. Seb derm is often an accompanying issue to rosacea. This could be as a result of long term moisturiser and/or TTO use, because it developed in the past 3 - 4 months (though my moustache, where I sweat, has always been a bit of a problem, which became worse in the past 3 - 4 months). It could also very well be related to health, the seb derm, as you say. There's a good chance of this, and when I found Rob Stuart several months ago, he got me onto thinking about my gut health.

    As mentioned earlier, due to the associated depression and anxiety of rosacea, I've led a sedentary, hermit lifestyle, for a long time (2 - 3 years), eating fast foods almost entirely, leading to poor gut health and thus a lowered immune system, which was exacerbated further by my being on Tetralysal antibiotics for 2 years. This is why I've started eating clean, little carbs and more fat and fibre which is healthier, and vegetables of course, as well as probiotics. I've also been taking a homeopathic liver cleanser. I shall continue with this with the odd cheat day here and there. Today I had a sandwich and some chocolate.

Similar Threads

  1. Please I need help!!!! Urgent!!!
    By nurcag in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10th December 2014, 07:22 PM
  2. Please help, desperate for advice. Pics Included
    By Jabarian in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24th June 2013, 09:04 AM
  3. HELP NEEDED - URGENT!
    By NikkiLou in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd February 2007, 08:50 AM
  4. need urgent help! someone using Clonidine?
    By rosaceaeurope in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd February 2006, 05:29 PM
  5. job interview, I need urgent help!
    By francois in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 1st August 2005, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •