Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: URGENT help please, I've never woken up with it this bad. Desperate! (w/ pics)

Something else that could play an important factor here.

I'm not sure how well versed you all are about the benefits of cannabis. I am a long time user, 10+ years. For the past 3 years, I've been eating a small amount of it on a daily basis.

When I decided 2 weeks ago that I wanted to stop using moisturiser and TTO, to try something new and to determine whether I was feeding a seb derm/yeast infection, I decided to quit cannabis too.

I was worried that eating cannabis could also have been causing problems for my gut health and immune system, so I cut it out.

At this rate I might have to start eating cannabis again, to perhaps experiment as to whether it helps or not. It might have been helping me fight the infection, like it fights cancers, etc.

And to help a bit with my depression.

I've uploaded some closeups here - http://imgur.com/a/Wsxy4. I can't bare to post them here because then I have to look at myself.

I think I'm out of options. I'm going to have to use Protopic tonight, on almost my whole face.

What you are experiencing is normal.You stopped Moisturizers and tea tree oil with the intuition that they are not good for your skin

However the result is a bad breakout.It breaks out because your skin was used to getting the easy/effortless nourishment from the incridiens

Its like being on heroine for several years and then going cold turkey.Heroin aint good for the body but it illiviates the excruciating symptoms if reintroduced to the body

You are having a breakout because you are going trough a moisturizing withdrawal stage

if you stop using moisturizers your skin will start to form a protective barrier and moisturize on itsown

Rob stuart is a lifestyle and dermatitis coach.He has alot of free videos and helped me alot to

https://youtu.be/WK0hPFpKeek

Quote Originally Posted by Genetic_Limit View Post
    What you are experiencing is normal.You stopped Moisturizers and tea tree oil with the intuition that they are not good for your skin

However the result is a bad breakout.It breaks out because your skin was used to getting the easy/effortless nourishment from the incridiens

Its like being on heroine for several years and then going cold turkey.Heroin aint good for the body but it illiviates the excruciating symptoms if reintroduced to the body

You are having a breakout because you are going trough a moisturizing withdrawal stage

if you stop using moisturizers your skin will start to form a protective barrier and moisturize on itsown

Rob stuart is a lifestyle and dermatitis coach.He has alot of free videos and helped me alot to

https://youtu.be/WK0hPFpKeek
    Thank you. I actually came across Rob some time back, so thanks for the reminder. I will refresh my memory and watch his videos again. I will try to not use moisturiser. I won't use TTO.

Tonight though, I think I will have to use Protopic. I have no other choice. At least I have a safety net though.

I might have to use Protopic for a while until my skin has repaired myself.

I know it's somewhat safe for longer term use, I just hope that it won't make my problem worse.

What do you think?

I will keep up with my clean diet, as well as the probiotics and omegas, etc.

I also started drinking green tea. Do you think this could be bad for me? I have it with it's warm, not hot. I boil the kettle to 70'C and wait a bit.

Could what I have perhaps be a mite die-off? https://www.google.com/search?site=&....0.2l4i_Fj465M

Quote Originally Posted by Genetic_Limit View Post
    Do you have scalp dandruff?

You also seem to pick and touch your face a lot?It spreads the pustules around?Anyway dont touch your face if you do
    Yes I do, since I was about 15 years old. I've controlled it since then, for the first +-10 years with a coal tar shampoo, and for the last few years with zinc-based Mane 'n Tail, which is a lot gentler.

I wouldn't say that I pick, if there's anything I pick it's dry skin. But I do touch/rub my face when it itches. I also often drain my pustules gently with a lancet, which may give the impression that I pick.

I wonder if you could order Soolantra somehow (e.g. through ordering it internationally). The ear symptom really makes it sound like demodex mites to me. From my experience, mites love to live on the ears (dogs also get plagued by diseases on their ears caused by demodex mites). Soolantra cream can do a good job at reducing their numbers, but causes less sensitivity reactions than tea tree oil. Almond oil is one of the oils that cause least sensitivity reactions in the skin for most people (better than coconut oil for me anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I wonder if you could order Soolantra somehow (e.g. through ordering it internationally). The ear symptom really makes it sound like demodex mites to me. From my experience, mites love to live on the ears (dogs also get plagued by diseases on their ears caused by demodex mites). Soolantra cream can do a good job at reducing their numbers, but causes less sensitivity reactions than tea tree oil. Almond oil is one of the oils that cause least sensitivity reactions in the skin for most people (better than coconut oil for me anyway).
    If it was available on Amazon or other online shops without prescription, I may/may have be/been able to get it. However I don't think it is, and there is some red tape around non-scheduled/licenced medicines in my country. I did enquire with one of my dermatologists who said they could advise/assist on the route of legally importing it.

Otherwise my only other option is to befriend someone here who can get Soolantra, and ask them very kindly to ship it to me, perhaps under the guise of something else...

What do you think about this?

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Could what I have perhaps be a mite die-off? https://www.google.com/search?site=&....0.2l4i_Fj465M

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I dont know what demodex mites are, but due to redness he cant use oils on his face.I don't know about the pustules ( different issue)but the redness seems to be seborhea dermatitis and almost all oils feed and aggrivate it further