Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: URGENT help please, I've never woken up with it this bad. Desperate! (w/ pics)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    I don't think you need to be afraid of long term use of TTO. Just remember that TTO does not completely eliminate Demodex Mites, it can only help to control them. You more than likely still have some redness and a few pustules. If so, move on to ZZ Cream.
    Thank you for your reply, is soolantra cream same as zz cream ? Witch one is better for this kind of condition?

Envoyé de mon GT-I9300 en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by asm View Post
    Thank you for your reply, is soolantra cream same as zz cream ? Witch one is better for this kind of condition?

Envoyé de mon GT-I9300 en utilisant Tapatalk
    No, Soolantra is Ivermectin-based. Ivermectin is mainly used by vets on animals to treat parasites. Soolantra is the approved human form.

Before Soolantra, people had to befriend vets to source animal Ivermectin in order to treat their problems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivermectin

Ivermectin is a medication that is effective against many types of parasites.[1] It is used to treat head lice,[2] scabies,[3] river blindness,[4] strongyloidiasis,[5] and lymphatic filariasis, among others.[6] It can be either applied to the skin or taken by mouth. The eyes should be avoided.[2]
    ZZ Cream is Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur/Sulphur.

ZZ Cream is better and 1/6th the cost.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

I'd have to agree. I have gotten better results with metro gel and ZZ cream. I may keep using Soolantra once it is covered. Right now in Canada, it's 200.00 a tube. I'd be fine with paying that if I thought it was a miracle, but I don't. That's just me though.

No, Soolantra is Ivermectin-based. Ivermectin is mainly used by vets on animals to treat parasites. Soolantra is the approved human form.

Before Soolantra, people had to befriend vets to source animal Ivermectin in order to treat their problems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivermectin

ZZ Cream is Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur/Sulphur.

ZZ Cream is better and 1/6th the cost.

I've been reading up on both zz and solantra. Just curious, why do you believe zz cream is better?? Zz cream has some things in it that I feel might be harsh on my already flaky, dehydrated skin (like salicylic acid). I'm not sure if my skin could handle the cetaphil base of soolantra, but the treatment might be less irritating/drying for my skin type? Thoughts?

Hello,

I was wondering whether most zz cream users order the original product online, through amazon, or the German equivalent "Demoderm"?
    How much do they charge for shipping to Europe? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by atlas222 View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering whether most zz cream users order the original product online, through amazon, or the German equivalent "Demoderm"?
    How much do they charge for shipping to Europe? Thanks.
    demoderm.jpg

Demoderm is the European version of the ZZ cream and is available with Amazon Germany. Demodex Solutions is a sponsor of the RRDi, a non profit for rosacea sufferers, and the RRDi gets a small affiliate fee if you purchase the ZZ cream through the RRDi. Walter Freyne, the owner of Demodex Solutions, who has generously sponsored the RRDi, has indicated that since many rosacea sufferers who use the ZZ cream complain that the ZZ cream dries up their skin, a new improved cream is being developed for those with dry skin. As soon as we know more, the RRDi will be announcing this new cream.

I have very oily skin and love how the ZZ cream dries up my skin. Others usually report using a moisturizer after using the ZZ cream if they have dry skin.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

RedRecluse has demonstrated that the ZZ cream works for him.

Demodex Solutions has just released a trial version of a ZZ like cream designed to help those who have dry skin. If you want to be part of this trial and receive samples shipped to your address at no charge, please read this post and follow the directions. The RRDi is please to be part of this trial sponsored by Demodex Solutions.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Hey red from your experience using ZZ cream for Demodex. Do you believe that others that have sub type 1 with no P&Ps or itching are effected by Demodex. I order zz some time ago and I used it like twice because I put it on my face and it was really hard to get off the next day and so I had to scrub it off in which it made my face red in return. my cheeks always been reddish and pink in my face but ever have I hate P&Ps so I think my issue is different from Demodex.

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    Hey red from your experience using ZZ cream for Demodex. Do you believe that others that have sub type 1 with no P&Ps or itching are effected by Demodex. I order zz some time ago and I used it like twice because I put it on my face and it was really hard to get off the next day and so I had to scrub it off in which it made my face red in return. my cheeks always been reddish and pink in my face but ever have I hate P&Ps so I think my issue is different from Demodex.
    Demodex infestations do manifest in different forms. The common one is redness and pustules (Subtype 2 Rosacea). Mine started as Subtype 1 (redness) and gradually got worse. Perhaps on some people the body/immune system is able to keep Demodex infestations at Subtype 1 without developing into Subtype 2, I'm not sure. Subtype 1 Rosacea is most often vascular, and not caused by Demodex. ZZ Cream and Soolantra are still worth a shot, I really do believe ZZ Cream is a miracle product for many skin conditions (it cured my Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema too).

It's important to dilute ZZ Cream with water. I do it with up to 5 - 10 parts water and it's still effective at controlling my Rosacea. I found that using a microfibre cloth to gently exfoliate in the shower in the morning was a lifesaver when it came to removing the residue left by the ZZ Cream without leaving me too red. If you have a good read through this thread you'll see it documented, with other helpful tips, etc.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Demodex infestations do manifest in different forms. The common one is redness and pustules (Subtype 2 Rosacea). Mine started as Subtype 1 (redness) and gradually got worse. Perhaps on some people the body/immune system is able to keep Demodex infestations at Subtype 1 without developing into Subtype 2, I'm not sure. Subtype 1 Rosacea is most often vascular, and not caused by Demodex. ZZ Cream and Soolantra are still worth a shot, I really do believe ZZ Cream is a miracle product for many skin conditions (it cured my Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema too).

It's important to dilute ZZ Cream with water. I do it with up to 5 - 10 parts water and it's still effective at controlling my Rosacea. I found that using a microfibre cloth to gently exfoliate in the shower in the morning was a lifesaver when it came to removing the residue left by the ZZ Cream without leaving me too red. If you have a good read through this thread you'll see it documented, with other helpful tips, etc.
    Hello RedRecluse!

I fear you might be completely sick of talking about your success with ZZ cream but I'd be truly appreciative to hear your further thoughts on the efficacy of ZZ cream for subtype 1. My skin looks a lot like yours did (prior to the die-off, of course) with red cheeks, tons of flushing and blushing, grainy texture, broken caps, and some blemishes, but nothing "extreme" (yet.) It has definitely gotten worse over the years and the "acne" and texture changes are a more recent thing. In my mind is kind of toeing the line of subtype 2 now. However, I've always flushed and blushed, even from childhood; this isn't a condition that had a sudden onset for me...so I guess my question is if ZZ or Soolantra are worth trying when, historically, my rosacea seems to have a pretty firm base in vascular issues? Could the years of vascular malfunction perhaps make me more susceptible to a future (or even current) demodex infestation? Is there a time when it's "too early" to start ZZ or Soolantra, or is it better to take pre-emptive action? My skin is highly reactive and sensitive so I'm not even sure if I could tolerate either of these products so I'm apprehensive...although I know the only true way to find out is to try them. At any rate, thanks so much for reading. And your skin looks so lovely, congrats!