Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 204

Thread: URGENT help please, I've never woken up with it this bad. Desperate! (w/ pics)

  1. #171
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    10
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Sulphur soap will help remove it.

    Seb Derm is usually characterised by red patchiness, almost always moist/oily, which constantly peels (goes through phases). It's basically the same as dandruff, but on the face/body. I had it in a few places (chin, moustache and nose folds). ZZ Cream cleared it right up.

    I don't think Head & Shoulders is good. I used to have dandruff from when I was young, and was on Denorex Extra Strength for many years. I then weened off it and moved to Mane 'n Tail. Now I'm back on Denorex to treat itchy scalp (I suspect the mites migrated to above my ears on my scalp), and alternate between it and Mane 'n Tail.

    Can highly recommend the Denorex. Or you could try Demodex Solutions' DS Shampoo.
    It looks like soolantra and some of these other creams have irritating bases though. If you just keep continuously getting Pimples and irritation from applying the product (even though youíve given it a good while) does that mean itís not die off and just from using an irritating product?

  2. #172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    558
    Country: South Africa

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly1180 View Post
    It looks like soolantra and some of these other creams have irritating bases though. If you just keep continuously getting Pimples and irritation from applying the product (even though you’ve given it a good while) does that mean it’s not die off and just from using an irritating product?
    Sorry, I can't comment as I don't have sensitive skin to the degree that common products cause irritation, etc.

    But for Soolantra, I have seen people go through weeks/months of some pustules (not a lot), which could be a long, slow die-off, yes.

    This thread however focusses on a superior product, ZZ Cream. Which for most nips Demodex Mites in the bud without drawn-out die-offs over weeks/months.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

    Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

  3. #173
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    16
    Country: United States

    Default

    Oh, goodness, I'm so glad this thread got bumped - I'd found it early on in my search and had mistakenly believed it was Soolantra that you'd used. I couldn't find the thread to save my life!

    I recently tried taking oral Ivermectin to jump start the die off process, but it never happened. I'm having slightly more P&P than usual, but nothing like your reaction. This means, that I either never had enough mites to make a difference, that somehow it didn't kill them off, or that they weren't directly related to my permanent redness. I may well end up using zz cream for awhile, just to see if I have the reaction then.

    I'm still so confused about the whole thing. I haven't had a sty since taking the meds, but it hasn't been long enough to call that a real result.

  4. #174
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    31
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Sulphur soap will help remove it.

    Seb Derm is usually characterised by red patchiness, almost always moist/oily, which constantly peels (goes through phases). It's basically the same as dandruff, but on the face/body. I had it in a few places (chin, moustache and nose folds). ZZ Cream cleared it right up.

    I don't think Head & Shoulders is good. I used to have dandruff from when I was young, and was on Denorex Extra Strength for many years. I then weened off it and moved to Mane 'n Tail. Now I'm back on Denorex to treat itchy scalp (I suspect the mites migrated to above my ears on my scalp), and alternate between it and Mane 'n Tail.

    Can highly recommend the Denorex. Or you could try Demodex Solutions' DS Shampoo.
    Hi Red Recluse
    Just wanted to check with you about DENOREX EXTRA STRENGTH before I buy it. The only one that is available is the DENOREX EXTRA STRENGTH WITH SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER.
    There isn't a SHAMPOO on its own, it comes with conditioner as an all in one product.
    Is that the one you use?

  5. #175
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    558
    Country: South Africa

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KSD69 View Post
    Hi Red Recluse
    Just wanted to check with you about DENOREX EXTRA STRENGTH before I buy it. The only one that is available is the DENOREX EXTRA STRENGTH WITH SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER.
    There isn't a SHAMPOO on its own, it comes with conditioner as an all in one product.
    Is that the one you use?
    Nope, I use the shampoo-only one. It's available here in South Africa.

    Give your one a go, you have nothing to lose except a few quid.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

    Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

  6. #176
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    11
    Country: Norway

    Default

    Do you still use the ZZ Cream? If so how do you use it now?

  7. #177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    558
    Country: South Africa

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lejaja View Post
    Do you still use the ZZ Cream? If so how do you use it now?
    Yes I do, at the moment about once a week mixed with a bit of water.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

    Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

  8. #178
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    11
    Country: Norway

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Yes I do, at the moment about once a week mixed with a bit of water.
    I bought the ZZ cream per your recommendation. Been using it for one month now and the improvement is amazing. Was pretty much clear within the first week. I have probably only used about 1/8 of the jar too.

    My only problem is that it makes my skin SUPER dehydrated/dry. Do you have any recommendations for this? I wash my face with a very gentle Avene moisturiser wash and use moisturiser in the morning. Could I use the ZZ cream every other day or should I finish the three months first?

  9. #179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lejaja View Post
    I bought the ZZ cream per your recommendation. Been using it for one month now and the improvement is amazing. Was pretty much clear within the first week. I have probably only used about 1/8 of the jar too.

    My only problem is that it makes my skin SUPER dehydrated/dry. Do you have any recommendations for this? I wash my face with a very gentle Avene moisturiser wash and use moisturiser in the morning. Could I use the ZZ cream every other day or should I finish the three months first?
    I also use ZZ cream some of the time. I apply the ZZ cream to a wet face and using a wet finger to take the cream out of the pot as you only need a very thin layer of it. I then apply Skinceuticals Epidermal Repair cream on top of it - this is a cream designed for very sensitive skin and helps to maintain the skin barrier integrity as well as reducing dryness - it is a great counterweight to the drying effect of ZZ cream.

  10. #180
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    11
    Country: Norway

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I also use ZZ cream some of the time. I apply the ZZ cream to a wet face and using a wet finger to take the cream out of the pot as you only need a very thin layer of it. I then apply Skinceuticals Epidermal Repair cream on top of it - this is a cream designed for very sensitive skin and helps to maintain the skin barrier integrity as well as reducing dryness - it is a great counterweight to the drying effect of ZZ cream.
    Thank you for the reply. Sounds like we apply the ZZ cream the same way! Will try with a moisturizer on top. Do you apply it immediatly after the ZZ cream or do you have some waiting time?

Similar Threads

  1. Please I need help!!!! Urgent!!!
    By nurcag in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10th December 2014, 07:22 PM
  2. Please help, desperate for advice. Pics Included
    By Jabarian in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24th June 2013, 09:04 AM
  3. HELP NEEDED - URGENT!
    By NikkiLou in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd February 2007, 08:50 AM
  4. need urgent help! someone using Clonidine?
    By rosaceaeurope in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd February 2006, 05:29 PM
  5. job interview, I need urgent help!
    By francois in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 1st August 2005, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •