Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: URGENT help please, I've never woken up with it this bad. Desperate! (w/ pics)

So today was a very good day for me, besides some stress in the morning.

As you can see in the last pics, I had a lot of dead skin from the past few days. The ZZ ointment, which ends up white, really makes the dead skin show. The ointment is not too easy to remove once dried, because one has to be gentle with their face and not rub/exfoliate too much.

I had a quick shower this morning without using soap on my face, and left water on my face without drying it. This often seems a good way to dry my face, and my thinking was it would dry a lot of the dead skin out so that it could be removed more easily. An hour later, I had another shower. I reached for my facecloth, but then I had second thoughts about using it. Perhaps there were Demodex here? I then began thinking of something else to use. I remembered that I had a few packs of microfibre cloths that I use to clean my car.

The microfibre cloth turned out to be the best thing ever. Under the stream of my shower head, I used it to gently rub away the dead skin. It's so soft and it worked brilliantly, far better than anything else. A good tip to remember. After my shower, I had removed 90% of the dead skin. I was ready to face the day, although I had no choice.

My skin was extremely dry afterwards. I found out why they say that you should use the XMFL cream to moisturise in the mornings. Smiling or moving my upper lip would hurt. I could not wait to get home to moisturise.

Besides the dry skin, it was one of my best days in as long as I can remember. I had confidence, I did not think about my skin, I didn't even flush. I can feel my self-esteem building again. This after only 3 days of ZZ ointment. Remarkable.

I moisturised when I got home, deciding to try the XMFL cream again. It worked much better this time and my skin reacted much less to it. I'd imagine part of this was because it wasn't straight after shaving. I still don't like that it has a slight scent, but I will keep using it for the sake of killing Demodex.

The first pic is 6 hours after using the moisturiser.

The second pic is 30 minutes later, after showering and shaving, an applying ZZ ointment. I decided to try shaving after two days, to experiment. I would usually have to wait four days to shave again. My skin was completely different this time, I would be very red in the past if I'd shaved after such a short wait. Definitely another improvement here.

If you can manage to not get shower water on your face I do think the sensitivity of the skin will reduce. If you can wash it in mineral water instead. Showering is drying on the skin in general let alone for people with rosacea.

I've been following your posts, your skin looks great! I use Soolantra which has really helped as well. I even think it has improved my ocular symptoms too. Keep posting pics. I'm interested to see how you progress😊

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    If you can manage to not get shower water on your face I do think the sensitivity of the skin will reduce. If you can wash it in mineral water instead. Showering is drying on the skin in general let alone for people with rosacea.
    Noted. It's really drying me out in the mornings. Once I've adapted to the XFML cream, which I think is actually fine now, I'll start showering earlier and applying it then to moisturise. That way my skin will be settled once I need to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Faith1989 View Post
    I've been following your posts, your skin looks great! I use Soolantra which has really helped as well. I even think it has improved my ocular symptoms too. Keep posting pics. I'm interested to see how you progress😊
    Thanks very much. Glad to hear it's helped you. As mentioned, unfortunately it's not available here. But who knows, maybe ZZ is even better?

Stay tuned for an update later.

Another excellent day, despite not moisturising this morning and having dry skin, and driving around a lot with a fair bit of sun. No flushing either. That's one aspect I can't believe. I used to flush so much!

First pic is after work before applying XFML cream. You can see the only dead skin is that on my chin. This is/was a seb derm area.

Second pic is 5 hours later after applying the cream.

I decided against applying ZZ ointment tonight. Giving my skin a break for a day and leaving the moisturiser on. I also have a dentist appointment and I didn't want to have dry skin for that.

hello redrecluse :

im so sorry that u have been through this, i know how depressing and devastating it is

i have an assumption but im not sure if this what has happened to u
    when did u start taking the probiotic? 2 weeks ago? when i started taking a very potent expensive probiotic, my rosacea was worse, i had the worst flare ups ever, i couldnt touch my face and i live in a very hot country, it was a daily nightmare, i was extremely depressed, cuz i bought i a lot of this probiotic and it costed me a lot of money. but i read and searched a lot and found out, that it might be a diee off mechanism, when ur digestive system is loaded with bad bacteria, when good bacteria is being introduced, it kills the bad bacteria and causes adverse reactions, detox mechanism,some ppl can have thie die off stage for only one week, but in my case, it stayed for months, because i know i have a lot of digestive problems, un diagnosed lactose intolerance since birth, so my body is loaded with a lot of bad bacteria
    when i started to lowere the dose of probitoic, taking it every other day instead of daily, i started to feel better and my face looked better, still im in the healing processes but its better
    so maybe what u r expierencing now is that when u started eating healthy and taking a good quality probiotic, its killing the bad bacteria
    so either lower the dose ( ex: from 100 billion buy 50 billion) or take it every other day and stick to a healthy diet and more important drink not less than 3 liters per day water, to help removing the toxins from ur body

Quote Originally Posted by Miaa View Post
    hello redrecluse :

im so sorry that u have been through this, i know how depressing and devastating it is

i have an assumption but im not sure if this what has happened to u
    when did u start taking the probiotic? 2 weeks ago? when i started taking a very potent expensive probiotic, my rosacea was worse, i had the worst flare ups ever, i couldnt touch my face and i live in a very hot country, it was a daily nightmare, i was extremely depressed, cuz i bought i a lot of this probiotic and it costed me a lot of money. but i read and searched a lot and found out, that it might be a diee off mechanism, when ur digestive system is loaded with bad bacteria, when good bacteria is being introduced, it kills the bad bacteria and causes adverse reactions, detox mechanism,some ppl can have thie die off stage for only one week, but in my case, it stayed for months, because i know i have a lot of digestive problems, un diagnosed lactose intolerance since birth, so my body is loaded with a lot of bad bacteria
    when i started to lowere the dose of probitoic, taking it every other day instead of daily, i started to feel better and my face looked better, still im in the healing processes but its better
    so maybe what u r expierencing now is that when u started eating healthy and taking a good quality probiotic, its killing the bad bacteria
    so either lower the dose ( ex: from 100 billion buy 50 billion) or take it every other day and stick to a healthy diet and more important drink not less than 3 liters per day water, to help removing the toxins from ur body
    Hi Miaa

Thanks for your message! Good to hear that you are getting better.

My die-off could very well have been exacerbated by taking probiotics and other healthy things - good food, vitamins, omegas. But I do think my main issue was simply a Demodex infestation.

Thankfully I've never had digestion problems, intolerance, or any allergies.

I'm so glad it's under control now. Apparently there will be one more die-off once the eggs have hatched, so I'm bracing myself for this.

Will keep you all updated.

Quick update. So I didn't use ZZ ointment last night, but I did use XFML cream after last night's shower. Didn't shower this morning and the moisture from last night's XFML cream was great.

First pic is after work, fair bit of driving in the sun.

Second pic is tonight a few hours after shaving and applying ZZ.

First pic is yesterday afternoon after work.

Second pic is yesterday evening after showering and applying ZZ.

My skin hasn't itched in days. The eczema behind my ears has cleared up. The seb derm in my moustache and on my chin is clearing up. Amazing!

Wow!!! Big difference. You must be thrilled. Hopefully it stays that way or just gets even more improved.