Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: URGENT help please, I've never woken up with it this bad. Desperate! (w/ pics)

Quote Originally Posted by lejaja View Post
    Thank you for the reply. Sounds like we apply the ZZ cream the same way! Will try with a moisturizer on top. Do you apply it immediatly after the ZZ cream or do you have some waiting time?
    I recommend ZZ Cream at night and moisturiser in the morning. Your skin should eventually stabilise and start self-moisturising.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    I recommend ZZ Cream at night and moisturiser in the morning. Your skin should eventually stabilise and start self-moisturising.
    THanks. Think i need to stick with this. Tried moisturizer on top of the ZZ cream but seems like it gave me some minor flare ups.

I also see that you mention shaving quite a lot here in regards to application. I have a full beard, so I only apply ZZ cream on the areas of my face that is exposed. Would this affect its effectiveness in getting rid of the mites? I do not have problems with the skin under my beard.

THanks. Think i need to stick with this. Tried moisturizer on top of the ZZ cream but seems like it gave me some minor flare ups.

I also see that you mention shaving quite a lot here in regards to application. I have a full beard, so I only apply ZZ cream on the areas of my face that is exposed. Would this affect its effectiveness in getting rid of the mites? I do not have problems with the skin under my beard.
    Yeah moisturiser does not work for me either, which I is why I suggested the epidermal repair cream from Skinceuticals for highly sensitive skin.

Demodex mites live anywhere where hair grows, even if they are small hairs which are not very visible. So, they will be living in the beard area unless you treat them. At least you could use a tea tree oil face wash on the beard area. Ideally, however, if you shave the beard off you'll find that you don't get rash/irritation etc once you apply the ZZ cream there over a week or two, because the mites can be part of the cycle of rosacea and shaving rash (should that be an issue for you currently).

The scalp is also a great area for mites to live, so you really need to wash the hair with a tea tree oil based shampoo or similar, otherwise the mites will be ready and waiting to infest your face again.

Honestly the best is to simply take a bit of ZZ Cream out of its tub on your finger, place it in the centre of your wet palm, and mix it around your palms with your other wet palm. Then apply to your face, all over.

Kind of like how we apply aftershave balm. Or sunblock on our entire face. Make sense?
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Hi RedRecluse, I have finally read through this thread - thank you for being so diligent with your replies and sharing your pictures.

A penny for your thoughts - I am curious whether you think if you had continued with a modified tea tree oil regime you could have got to the same or similar place that you reached with the ZZ cream? Do you think that ZZ cream's primary benefit is its anti-mite effect or do you think it has other benefits for the skin that make it more effective than tea tree oil?
    Last edited by Dutch1; 23rd March 2019 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch1 View Post
    Hi RedRecluse, I have finally read through this thread - thank you for being so diligent with your replies and sharing your pictures.

A penny for your thoughts - I am curious whether you think if you had continued with a modified tea tree oil regime you could have got to the same or similar place that you reached with the ZZ cream? Do you think that ZZ cream's primary benefit is its anti-mite effect or do you think it has other benefits for the skin that make it more effective than tea tree oil?
    People often report that they get greatest benefit from switching demodex treating methods. I use Zhongzhou cream most of the time, but sometimes I use a mix of almond oil and tea tree oil (e.g. a ratio of 3:1). Zhongzhou does seem a good method if you were to only choose one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch1 View Post

Pleasure. I haven't gone back to TTO for around 1 - 2 years now. ZZ Cream seems to have other benefits as it also cleared my Seb Derm.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Honestly the best is to simply take a bit of ZZ Cream out of its tub on your finger, place it in the centre of your wet palm, and mix it around your palms with your other wet palm. Then apply to your face, all over.

Kind of like how we apply aftershave balm. Or sunblock on our entire face. Make sense?
    Late reply, but did what you described and it worked better. thanks!

Been using the ZZ cream over 3 months now and started using it every other day for the last week. I have had a couples pustules around my nose since then. Were you completely clear after your first 3 months?

Late reply, but did what you described and it worked better. thanks!

Been using the ZZ cream over 3 months now and started using it every other day for the last week. I have had a couples pustules around my nose since then. Were you completely clear after your first 3 months?
    Yes, within the first few weeks I was completely clear. Luckily my skin responded well to it. And I'm still 100% to this day.