Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: URGENT help please, I've never woken up with it this bad. Desperate! (w/ pics)

Quote Originally Posted by lejaja View Post
    Do you still do some maintenance? After I asked you the first time on may 13th my skin has become much worse. A lot of small skin coloured bumps and some pustules. This has been while I used it every other day and then I took three days of and I feel like my face exploded. Haven't been this "bad" since before I started months ago. I did however start a new jobb and have had a few days with quite a bit of sugar intake. Could this cause the reaction Im having?

What else did you do with your skin while you were using the ZZ cream every day? Any cleanser, moisturiser etc?
    Yes I do, a small, watery maintenance dose once or twice a week.

It would be best to post non-revelaing pics of your face in order to understand what you're experiencing, but the symptoms do match a die-off. No, I don't think sugar would cause that.

I only used ZZ Cream. Nothing else. After about a year I started using sulphur soap and DS' Acarid Soap.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by lejaja View Post
    Do you still do some maintenance? After I asked you the first time on may 13th my skin has become much worse. A lot of small skin coloured bumps and some pustules. This has been while I used it every other day and then I took three days of and I feel like my face exploded. Haven't been this "bad" since before I started months ago. I did however start a new jobb and have had a few days with quite a bit of sugar intake. Could this cause the reaction Im having?

What else did you do with your skin while you were using the ZZ cream every day? Any cleanser, moisturiser etc?
    For me, increased sugar intake does increase redness, despite using ZZ cream. Brady Burrows' book 'The Rosacea Diet' is all about the role of carbohydrates and sugars in causing flushing and redness. The easiest thing to do is to control your intake of carbohydrates and see if this makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Yes I do, a small, watery maintenance dose once or twice a week.

It would be best to post non-revelaing pics of your face in order to understand what you're experiencing, but the symptoms do match a die-off. No, I don't think sugar would cause that.

I only used ZZ Cream. Nothing else. After about a year I started using sulphur soap and DS' Acarid Soap.
    Thanks. Tried to attache to photos. It is hard to capture on photos because most of the bumps are skin coloured. They seem to start calming down now tho since I re-started ZZ-cream every day.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    For me, increased sugar intake does increase redness, despite using ZZ cream. Brady Burrows' book 'The Rosacea Diet' is all about the role of carbohydrates and sugars in causing flushing and redness. The easiest thing to do is to control your intake of carbohydrates and see if this makes a difference.
    Yeah I remember reading something similar. But since all carbs are sugars, does that mean that any carb in theory can cause this? I haven't really experienced any flushing or redness I think. I was personally refering more to simple sugars such in ice cream etc. I believe I eat a fairly high amount og carbs from "regular" foods which doesn't seem to cause any problems.

What if I try ZZ cream and don't get any die off and really don't notice it do anything at all? Rosacea and seb derm here... and it's awful. I occasionally have some tiny pimples and papules but nothing like I see googling type 2 rosacea.... the seb derm is pretty much constant around my nose. And I mean all over my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by aafdup View Post
    What if I try ZZ cream and don't get any die off and really don't notice it do anything at all? Rosacea and seb derm here... and it's awful. I occasionally have some tiny pimples and papules but nothing like I see googling type 2 rosacea.... the seb derm is pretty much constant around my nose. And I mean all over my nose.
    The research is clearly showing now that demodex mites impact on type 1 as well as type 2 - the latest papers from Professor Powell in Dublin. For example I use it on the ears where I have no pustules or papules at all and it's very helpful. It's ingredients not only kill demodex but also have a cooling effect on the skin which is very helpful before bed, for example.

It's easy to get hold of and less risky than most oral medications or lasers, so definitely worth a try I think.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    The research is clearly showing now that demodex mites impact on type 1 as well as type 2 - the latest papers from Professor Powell in Dublin. For example I use it on the ears where I have no pustules or papules at all and it's very helpful. It's ingredients not only kill demodex but also have a cooling effect on the skin which is very helpful before bed, for example.

It's easy to get hold of and less risky than most oral medications or lasers, so definitely worth a try I think.
    So apply every night before bed, and mix it decently with water I've seen to dilute it. I really don't want to use a moisturizer... can I just see if my skin will accommodate on it's own? Also, how the hell do you deal with going to work and going out in general looking like complete crap during the die-off? I didn't go to work yesterday because of my skin and it was nothing near as bad as die-off reactions I've seen. I don't see how I will get through every day going to work with a die-off reaction. I do have rosacea and seb derm. I have some P&P but not many, and the redness generally hides them pretty well. I don't have full blown type 2 but I guess I could say I am type 2 and type 1 with seb derm.
    Last edited by aafdup; 30th May 2019 at 06:53 PM.

[QUOTE=aafdup;349454]So apply every night before bed, and mix it decently with water I've seen to dilute it. I really don't want to use a moisturizer... can I just see if my skin will accommodate on it's own? Also, how the hell do you deal with going to work and going out in general looking like complete crap during the die-off? I didn't go to work yesterday because of my skin and it was nothing near as bad as die-off reactions I've seen. I don't see how I will get through every day going to work with a die-off reaction. I do have rosacea and seb derm. I have some P&P but not many, and the redness generally hides them pretty well. I don't have full blown type 2 but I guess I could say I am type 2 and type 1 with seb derm.[/QUOTE

Yeah ideally apply it to moist skin and wet your finger before you put it into the pot, so you are applying quite a watery layer of the cream. I would try to use mineral water or filtered water not tap water for washing and putting the cream on though - as rosacea skin can be very reactive to tap water.

I don't use a moisturiser but I do use Skinceuticals Epidermal Repair cream - it works with very sensitive skin, but is quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by aafdup View Post
    So apply every night before bed, and mix it decently with water I've seen to dilute it. I really don't want to use a moisturizer... can I just see if my skin will accommodate on it's own? Also, how the hell do you deal with going to work and going out in general looking like complete crap during the die-off? I didn't go to work yesterday because of my skin and it was nothing near as bad as die-off reactions I've seen. I don't see how I will get through every day going to work with a die-off reaction. I do have rosacea and seb derm. I have some P&P but not many, and the redness generally hides them pretty well. I don't have full blown type 2 but I guess I could say I am type 2 and type 1 with seb derm.
    I've had luck applying it to wet skin in small "dabs" (one on the nose, one on the forehead and one on each cheeks). Then spraying my face with Avene Thermal Spring Water and rubbing it out.

So I have decided to try using zz cream instead of soolantra. Soolantra is extremely expensive for me and from everything I've heard does not work well after a year or so. I am at the 7 month mark of using soolantra and feel I'm pretty clear of the infestation so I thought that if I started now, there would be no die off. Fingers crossed!