I read about a silicone scar gel, which can be applied under makeup, & used on wounds/scars. It is thought that it helps retain moisture, which aids in the healing process. I have issues with extremely dry patches of skin that take forever to heal after a breakout, so I decided to try it. While at the store, I noticed a waterproof, transparent dressing. I like the fact that it had a certain degree of breathability, so I decided to try it first. I had good results, but they were difficult to use. I had to cut them down because they were too big, but I wasted a lot of them because they stuck together too easily. It would have been too expensive & time consuming to continue using them. I decided to try a silicone gel under my makeup during the day, & silicone scar sheets at night. I don't think I will continue with the gel after it is finished, because I don't notice a big difference in my skin at the end of the day, & it is a bit messy & inconvenient to use. I have noticed improvement with the scar sheets overnight, though, & they are washable & reusable (to some extent), so the cost factor isn't too high. I still have to slather on moisturizer before applying them, but I think they do a great job of helping to retain that moisture while I sleep.

Has anyone else tried this approach, & if so, how were your results?