Thread: Sebaceous filaments or Seb derm?

Default Sebaceous filaments or Seb derm?

I'm having a hard time telling what's wrong with my skin. I experience the following symptoms: after a few hours of washing my face, I notice white string like gunk in each pore. It can be rubbed off or pulled out using my nails. It looks like a tiny grain of rice and feels hard. The same can be felt in my scalp when I rub my scalp, I can feel little grains which can be rubbed out. On my face there are hundreds of them and even if I try to go through each pore and remove soon it will be back.
    The other symptom is some pores have more hard substance that I dig out with nails and when it's out if I rub it dissolves - this is mostly on my nose and chin.
    My guess is the first symptom is Seb derm and second symptom is sebaceous filaments. What do you guys think? And most importantly how do I treat this? Nothing seems to clean out the pores from this mess.

I have this problem too, not 100% sure what it is either. Finacea completely gets rid of them on my face. I also use selsun blue shampoo which hasn't 100% got rid of it on my scalp, but it's 90% clearer now

Here is an interesting thread about Sebaceous Filaments :

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...ous-Filaments-!!!

Oil cleansing and/or climbazole seem to reduce the symptoms. Take a look

Thanks for sharing those tips! Based on the pics of sebaceous filaments through the Google link you provided, this is definitely what I have on my chin, nose, basically all over face. Most sites mention this is normal part of skin but it really bothers me and I want to treat it. Is climbazole something I can get over the counter?

I do think I also have some Seb derm symptoms or are the grains in scalp also sebaceous filaments?

I suppose both conditions can co-exist. Did you see a derm ? What is his diagnosis? Can you provide some photos, so that we can try to identify what it is ?