Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it seb derm? eyebrow hair loss & weird sensations anyone else with these symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by angelica13 View Post
    Elmo, have you figured out what caused your eyebrow loss?!
    I'm interested in answer too. Please answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    hello I wonder if you can help me ?

I've been having uncomfortable sensations on my face particularity my eyebrows for about 3 months now. I think it might be seb derm but my GP isnt sure. He has no idea & has referred me to a dermatologist, appointment isnt until June. Some of my symptoms match seb derm & some dont but maybe I've been researching in the wrong places....I figured this would be the best place to ask genuine epeople who've experienced it rather than medical textbook explanations....

started with a tickling sensation at the entrance to nostril.
    a few weeks later eyebrow hair loss

now I have constantly throught the day in varying degrees:
    now twiching/ prickling sensations and eyebrow hair loss
    caustic sensation for about 2 mins randomly on scalp & in eyebrows.
    eyelash loss
    eye ache occasionally
    gunk at outside corner of eye - like microscopic frogspawn - cleaning it away 5-6 times a day
    tickling in nostrils
    electric shock like sensations on face in pin points.
    splitting skin sensations.
    I have tiny white hard spikes sticking out of the hair follicles on my face. They are bristling & I can remove them by sliding them off the hairs with tweezers. Very strange I cant find this symptom anywhere on line - other than as hair casts.

GP cant see anything like flakes on skin or redness so isnt sure thats it seb derm has no idea what the white spikes are.

I've read a lot about malassezia & I think its that that's causing all this - GP finally agreed to give me some dandruff shampoo to use every 3 days on the eyebrows. I've been doing that for 3 weeks now with little change I'm not sure how long I keep doing it for, the GP was vague.
    They only thing that soothes my eyebrows is wiping with tea tree oil diluted with witchhazel.

Has anyone else got similar symptoms?
    For Seborrheic dermatitis this is what I did. Use Nizoral shampoo daily for a couple of weeks then scale it back I now use it once a week and Head and
    Shoulders the rest of time. I had nizoral (ketoconazole cream) for dry red patches. I had a multi vitamin and cod liver oil daily. I put garlic in cooking and
    had a mouthful of apple cider vinegar daily. I also tried caprylic acid tablets.
    I used suncream on a daily basis. For moisturiser I used Aderma creme de soin - https://www.easyparapharmacie.co.uk/

You could try cutting down on dairy - I get my probiotics from Onken live culture yoghurt fat free.
    Some people cut down on gluten.
    If you eat lamb and pears and then build other foods into your diet you may find out if you have a food intolerance.

The rest was not smoking, not drinking heavily, not eating junk food and takeaways and processed foods

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    hello I wonder if you can help me ?

I've been having uncomfortable sensations on my face particularity my eyebrows for about 3 months now. I think it might be seb derm but my GP isnt sure. He has no idea & has referred me to a dermatologist, appointment isnt until June. Some of my symptoms match seb derm & some dont but maybe I've been researching in the wrong places....I figured this would be the best place to ask genuine epeople who've experienced it rather than medical textbook explanations....

started with a tickling sensation at the entrance to nostril.
    a few weeks later eyebrow hair loss

now I have constantly throught the day in varying degrees:
    now twiching/ prickling sensations and eyebrow hair loss
    caustic sensation for about 2 mins randomly on scalp & in eyebrows.
    eyelash loss
    eye ache occasionally
    gunk at outside corner of eye - like microscopic frogspawn - cleaning it away 5-6 times a day
    tickling in nostrils
    electric shock like sensations on face in pin points.
    splitting skin sensations.
    I have tiny white hard spikes sticking out of the hair follicles on my face. They are bristling & I can remove them by sliding them off the hairs with tweezers. Very strange I cant find this symptom anywhere on line - other than as hair casts.

GP cant see anything like flakes on skin or redness so isnt sure thats it seb derm has no idea what the white spikes are.

I've read a lot about malassezia & I think its that that's causing all this - GP finally agreed to give me some dandruff shampoo to use every 3 days on the eyebrows. I've been doing that for 3 weeks now with little change I'm not sure how long I keep doing it for, the GP was vague.
    They only thing that soothes my eyebrows is wiping with tea tree oil diluted with witchhazel.

Has anyone else got similar symptoms?
    I have this as well. It started when I was 38 years old and I am now in my early 40s. I have complete eyebrow loss and I was diagnosed recently with frontal fibrosing alopecia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fronta...osing_alopecia

The immune system basically attacks the hair follicles

I have been given some cream called Elidel, which is normally used for Eczema. Sadly though it does not seem to be working and is making my Rosacea flare up. This disease was only discovered recently. It is also called Morbus Kossard after "Kossard" who discovered it in 1994.

My Rosacea, hypothyroidism and hair loss all started when I was 38 years old. I did suffer from acne as a teenager really badly. It just seems weird that it all happened around the same time.

My eyebrows would itch like crazy. Also it started at the hairline. It was white and hard, itchy sometimes burning or as if someone was pulling on my hair.

My hair line is receding.

I have added some pictures. One before eyebrow loss, one after and one of my receding hairline.

It is really shocking how my eyebrows have just completly gone.

I have a good hair dresser who cuts my hair to hide the hairline well.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Celticgirl; 19th January 2019 at 08:50 AM. Reason: adding photos