Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Climbazole Scalp Tonic

Default Climbazole Scalp Tonic

I am right now using a product with the following ingredients:
    Aqua, Alcohol Denat, Polyquaterenium-28, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Climbazole, Piroctone Olamine, Salicylic Acid, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, propylene Glycol, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil, Menthol.

The product is called Sim Sensitive Climbazole Scalp Tonic and it's a leave-on scalp treatment.

Some of these ingredients I know are good active ingredients when treating seborrheic dermatitis, but do you know if the mix is good or about the other ingredients?

Would be very glad for any help

Best regards

That's a product from Sweden, and I've always wondered what it's like. What does it feel like and look like?

Reading the label and trying to figure out the percentage of each ingredient is nearly impossible.

First, I guess that the "1% line" is right after water, because more than 1% alcohol is unlikely,

I write this because it's legal to scramble all the ingredients below 1%, out-of-order, so it's unlikely they are listed in actual order of percentage. The percentage of each ingredient is vital to what it feels like, and how well it works.

For example, menthol will burn your eyes, and this seems to be a poor addition, unless the percentage is so tiny that it doesn't burn your eyes. Does it?

Same with salicylic acid -- it will burn your hair and make it straw-like, unless the percentage is so tiny that it doesn't. Does it?

Just about every OTC cosmetic is a buy-it and try-it situation. Do you get good results?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    That's a product from Sweden, and I've always wondered what it's like. What does it feel like and look like?

Reading the label and trying to figure out the percentage of each ingredient is nearly impossible.

First, I guess that the "1% line" is right after water, because more than 1% alcohol is unlikely,

I write this because it's legal to scramble all the ingredients below 1%, out-of-order, so it's unlikely they are listed in actual order of percentage. The percentage of each ingredient is vital to what it feels like, and how well it works.

For example, menthol will burn your eyes, and this seems to be a poor addition, unless the percentage is so tiny that it doesn't burn your eyes. Does it?

Same with salicylic acid -- it will burn your hair and make it straw-like, unless the percentage is so tiny that it doesn't. Does it?

Just about every OTC cosmetic is a buy-it and try-it situation. Do you get good results?
    Actually I think it's Finnish, but is also sold in Swedish shops. It's like a fluid, feels oily-like but you can't really see it cause it is fastly absorbed into the skin.

That is true! I just mailed Sim Sensitiv and asked if they know this, and hopefully can get an answer.

I started again with this product today, so I will tell you about results. I saw you mentioned in other threads that there are periods where it can become more visible as the fungus activates it's 'defense system'?

First I will take the Shale Oil Shampoo (another product with mainly Shale Oil) and afterwards I will put this on.

Will

They said: "All percentages of the ingredients you mention are below 1% so we cannot give you details due to trade secret. As you know the producers do not have to tell the exact percentages of ingredients."

I am right now experiencing a lot of flaking in my hair, do you think this is normal in the healing process Tom? Also, is there an estimate for how long the 'flaking period' is?

Thanks

Flaking from the scalp was more of an annoyance to me than a serious problem, so I can't say how long you should experience scalp flaking. My eyebrow flaking lasted for 10 months -- in the interim, it seemed to go away and would then return. Most other advice on the matter of flaking far underestimates the length of time for clearance.

Flaking from the scalp was more of an annoyance to me than a serious problem, so I can't say how long you should experience scalp flaking. My eyebrow flaking lasted for 10 months -- in the interim, it seemed to go away and would then return. Most other advice on the matter of flaking far underestimates the length of time for clearance.
    I see, but you would say you are completely clear from flaking?

Now, yes.

The menthol doesn't seem to burn my eyes, how big must the salicylic acid be to make the hair burn and straw-like? I haven't noticed anything like that as far as yet and the percent should be below 1%.

Ya it's a Finnish product . I've been using this on and off for couple of years. It's definitely not perfect for me but has helped me. It's a bit drying but anyway my scalp is extremely dry and sensitive, always. Seb derm, dry scalp and fighting against severe hair loss (MPB) is a bad combo lol. So I would still recommend it to anyone even tho it feels bit harsh for me. I tried it on my eyebrows too but didn't like it.

Sim Sensitive also has a new product (or at least new name and probably new formula, they had moisturising tonic years ago I think) called SIM SYSTEM 4 M MOISTURE SCALP LOTION
    https://sim.fi/en-system4-m
    Aqua, Glycerin, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Betaine, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Climbazole, Piroctone Olamine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ceramide NP; Ceramide AP; Ceramide EOP; Phytosphingosine; Cholestrol: Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate; Carbomer; Xanthan Gum, C12-13 Alkyl Lactate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

I just ordered it, will update. Seems interesting..
    Last edited by Jay2323; 7th August 2017 at 03:38 AM.