Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A nose in flames, fears etc

Hi elegant -

Was wondering if you tried the capsaicin on your skin ever? It's an interesting idea. My grandfather used such a cream to help him manage pain from trigeminal neuralgia.

Best,

Lizzy

I haven't tried it on my skin yet but I probably will later when I have more clarity on how it works for my nose! It is indeed an interesting idea.

Short update..

Finally I found a bit of relief.. I went to the pharmacy to pick up some OTC Diklofenak (25 mg) earlier this week. I had been googling and found info on it being beneficial for inflammations/lupus etc. And well WOW what a difference!! For the first time in three months I have been able to be at work for full days without feeling like I have a fever and constantly cooling myself calm at the computer etc and working away all day. Barely NO buzz from my nose at all. Which is both scary and nice I don't know what this is telling me? I have had a couple of terrible evening flushes, but not nearly as often as I have gotten used to lately. And my whole face is much calmer I assume because my body temperature is under control?

I also convinced my doctor to do a ANA blood test today as well as checking my iron levels again. R e a l l y hoping its not Lupus or some other autoimmune disorder going on. Doctor thinks not, but thinking everything that we can rule out brings me closer to answers.

Diklofenak is not a long term solution, I know it makes me so scared to even touch the thought of being forced to use medications like this long term my belly is already acting strange and I know it can have even worse complications but for now I hope for a few days relief from the wasps nest that has been my nose lately. Going to get bone broth and sticking to my probiotics and good diet to support belly and skin while waiting for the lab results.

Has anyone else here tried Diklofenak for their rosacea nose issues?

I'm currently taking diclofenac (voltaren rapid) for a back issue and I've also seen the same results as you. Usually I feel like I'm constantly overheating, even when others are freezing. But taking this has made my body temperature feel almost normal, I even felt slightly cold the other morning! Flushing is down, everything just feels much calmer.

I think if you search the forum some others have had some success with diclofenac. I believe it's prescription in the US. It's an NSAID, right? Curious, have you found relief from other NSAID's, or just diclofenac?

Tips of things you should not eat if you have rosacea. Coz this might be the reason why they trigger.
    Spicy food, alcohol, extreme heat or cold, stress, and even your skin care products may trigger a rosacea flare.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    I think if you search the forum some others have had some success with diclofenac. I believe it's prescription in the US. It's an NSAID, right? Curious, have you found relief from other NSAID's, or just diclofenac?
    Hi laser!
    Yes, I did that and I found some others being helped from it. I haven't tried any other NSAID yet, but I will try ibuprofen the upcoming week to see if it has the same effect. I have been blush free for three days now on diklofensk. The properties of the medication is anti inflammatory, lower fever and pain relief.. Also it's antireumatic. NSAIDs are not a long term solution though, but getting a few days relief feels so so good!

Quote Originally Posted by marie123 View Post
    Tips of things you should not eat if you have rosacea. Coz this might be the reason why they trigger.
    Spicy food, alcohol, extreme heat or cold, stress, and even your skin care products may trigger a rosacea flare.
    Hi Marie!
    Those things can trigger indeed! In my case I have been on a very careful diet for years and am currently on a low histamine diet and avoiding everything (makeup, creams, shampoos etc) that can possibly trigger flaring. I have a very gentle regime. I have actually never had a flare from specific foods alcohol etc though I still avoid the common triggers just in case.
    Last edited by Violetsareblue; 13th April 2017 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetsareblue View Post
    Hi laser!
    Yes, I did that and I found some others being helped from it. I haven't tried any other NSAID yet, but I will try ibuprofen the upcoming week to see if it has the same effect. I have been blush free for three days now on diklofensk. The properties of the medication is anti inflammatory, lower fever and pain relief.. Also it's antireumatic. NSAIDs are not a long term solution though, but getting a few days relief feels so so good!
    How much Diclofenac do you take, is it just 25mg every other day? Also has this completely stopped the big nose flushing epidose you get when lying down to sleep at night. That is my main problem.
    One other thing, have you hear of Voltarol Gel, it is topical Diclofenac available OTC. I have read on other internet forums that migraine sufferers use it on their face. I am going to try it next week.

I took an NSAID too - Meloxicam I believe it was. In the first few days my nose seemed to flush way more and I didn't want to take chances so I stopped taking it. Good NSAIDs are working for you though Violetsareblue.