Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dermosoft Decalact - A simple option for treating seb derm and other skin problems?

Default Dermosoft Decalact - A simple option for treating seb derm and other skin problems?

I am posting this for information. I am not advertising it. I am not making wild claims it will solve anyone's problems. But it may help some people and I have had a few conversations on this forum about it so I thought it would be worth putting this up as a resource and discussion about it. I think it is worth investigating.

The manufacturer's claim for Dermosoft Decalact is:

"Antimicrobial active substance
    - strong against germs
    - mild to the skin
    - efficient reduction of Malassezia furfur, Trichophyton spp., Epidermophyton floccosum, Candida albicans, Propionibacterium acnes
    - superior to Climbazole and Triclosane
    - low use concentration
    - cost effective
    - Ecocert approved"

INCI: Sodium Caproyl/Lauroyl Lactyl Lactate

You can read about the tests they have done to demonstrate it's effects against malassezia etc. here http://asia.in-cosmetics.com/__novadocuments/12530
    This is some more information about the product: https://www.dr-straetmans.de/dl/medi...t_decalact.pdf

The important part is this:
    Dermosoft 1.JPG
    and
    Dermosoft 2.JPG
    Although do check out the information for yourselves.

The reason someone may be interested in this over climbazole is the simplicity of it and the difficulty people have with making their own products - such as creating a stable emulsion, finding ingredients that don't irritate your skin, etc.

They make Dermosoft Decalact Liquid which is decalact in triethyl citrate at 7:1 so it is 1.43 times less potent that decalact on it's own but this makes it simpler. There is no need for heating or complicated calculations. Here is a very simple example of a solution:

1. Water
    2. Decalact liquid
    3. Preservative
    4. Citric acid (to reduce pH)

If you use 1.5% decalact in water it will remain dissolved (which is equivalent to 1% decalact). If you use more than that it will precipitate within a week so you need to use a solubiliser. Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate is the solubiliser that they use in the documents but you can find many others. If you use a preservative with proylene glycol in it then you won't need a solubiliser as it should act as one. You could if you wanted add other ingredients into the solution if you wanted to make it a toner but you would need a solubiliser then.

I have made this many times and have been experimenting with it and I have had some progress. My problem is that I am allergic to most preservatives so I can't say that it has solved my issues as I am still searching for a safe preservative that I can use and not make my skin react. I can say that I have had the symptoms of improvements for seb derm however. Patches of skin become red and then start to become dry and flake and the redness goes away and my skin is clear. The parts that have not responded so well are the parts that are reactive to preservatives. I have put this here in case anyone else is interested in having a look at it and if anyone gets any results from it. But I will add caution as no one can tell you that one thing will solve or cure your skin issues and I am not saying this will be the answer to anyone's issues. It might be but it might not be. I am not saying it is more effective than climbazole or ketoconazole just that it has some data which shows it is effective against malassezia and so may be of interest to people. If anyone does experiment with it then it would be good to hear about it.

I live in the UK and I can get small amounts of it from here: https://www.aliacura.de/produkte/wir...calact-liquid/ - you have to use the translate function in your browser (chrome has one but not sure about others!)

Thanks for the informative post. Your mention of it in another topic piqued my interest, and I'd be curious about trying it out once I'm back in the UK in May.

Do you know if the Decalact Liquid is miscible in oil (e.g. MCT oil) as well, or just water?

The info says it will dissolve in oil better than in water. I haven't tried it though

Thanks, that's encouraging to hear. I ask because I'd be curious about trying it in a very simple oil-based solution, of MCT oil, squalane, Decalact liquid, and possibly climbazole.

I'm sure that would be fine - I have considered such a solution myself and may even try that still!

I am posting my formula if anyone would like to make an aqueous solution with Decalact.

88% Distilled water (pH 5.5)
    5% Sepiclear G7 (INCI: Heptyl Glucoside)
    3% Decalact Liquid (2.1% Decalact) (INCI: Sodium Caproyl/Lauroyl Lactylate; Triethyl Citrate)
    4% Leucidal SF complete (INCI: Lactobacillus Ferment & Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract)

The pH drops to around 4.5 where it is the most effective against malassezia. I have found it to be ineffective above pH 5. Heptyl Glucoside is a natural solubilizer which contains C:7 fatty acids and thus does not feed malassezia. I do not use it for SD because I seem to be allergic to Decalact. It is very effective against body odor.
    Last edited by savino; 11th October 2017 at 04:04 PM.

Default Sodium Caproyl/Lauroyl Lactylate

Does anyone know if there is already a facial cleanser with this ingredient in it?

Stats look good on the ingredient:

https://www.dr-straetmans.de/dl/medi...t_decalact.pdf

You can dissolve Decalact Liquid in Sepiclear G7 which is a natural solubilizer and a mild surfactant and will thus act like a cleanser.

Its oil-solubility is also something to consider. For example:

98% squalane
    2% Decalact Liquid

And you have a simple oil moisturiser that combines the skin-replenishing properties of squalane with the antimicrobial properties of Decalact liquid, with no need for a preservative. That's as straightforward as DIY anti-fungal concoctions can get. (I'd try this myself if squalane didn't break me out, but I would encourage those who aren't acne-prone to give it a go.)

Thank you for the formulas.

My facial Seb Derm is under control with eucerins milk cleanser (piroctone olamine) and Mustela cradle cap shampoo.(climbazole & salicylic acid) I still have to shave daily.

I also supplement Lactoferrin and Lactobacillus Paracasei ST11
    Last edited by MrRed77; 23rd January 2018 at 03:28 PM.