Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please may you help?is this Serb derm?

Default Please may you help?is this Serb derm?

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I was diagnosed with Serb derm a few months ago but I really am not sure if it is what I have?

My symptoms are similar to what Serb derm is but some I don't understand? Basically my skin reacts badly to anything that is put on it wether that is anti fungals, moisturiser, coconut oil, anything! The best thing is just washing with water and no products,

My skin doesn't flake but feels dry and I get little spot like pimples? I will try to upload a picture,
    But does anyone know if this deffo sounds like Serb derm? I only get it in my nasal folds?

Hope someone can help

Sound like Seb Derm. Are there small white flakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is seb derm induced by malassezia it should not react badly to anti fungals. Depending on the anti fungal you have used it may not have helped but I don't think it should have made things any worse.

What kind of anti fungals have you been using?

Rarely, unless I really iritate my skin like rub it and then I will get some dry skin but no flaking on its own if left alone, are the red spot like pimples a symptom aswell? But they can come and go and if squeezed have a clear fluid in?

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by Senbonzakura View Post
    If it is seb derm induced by malassezia it should not react badly to anti fungals. Depending on the anti fungal you have used it may not have helped but I don't think it should have made things any worse.

What kind of anti fungals have you been using?
    I have been given Nizoral clotrimazole and daktacort and all if them just send it crazy and itchy flare up?

Hi Jfrench,

You sound like you have the same issue as I do, and a few of us on this forum, and that is highly reactive skin. It can just happen over night but sometimes it gets like that over a few years, gradually getting worse. This isn't a diagnosis, it is my own experience and observations from others. It may not be similar but for me, I have certain parts of my face, in the T zone, that react to many things, resulting in bright red reactions, or in some cases a delayed reaction and pain later on. If that sounds similar I would have a look at contact dermatitis, and you may find you are allergic to certain things. My skin can't tolerate anything petroleum and mineral oil related, which are in the creams you are using, potassium sorbate is a killer for me, as are nearly every preservative used in creams and lotions, as are many things! I can't wash my face with anything but dead sea salt (that works wonders for me) and I have no moisturiser I can use let alone a treatment option. I have been working on one with another guy with similar issues but no luck so far! My advice would be to stop using anything on your face for a few days and then try one thing at a time and keep a record of the ingredients in a spread sheet and over time you will find out what you are reacting to. That or just don't use anything!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply!

It does sound very similar to me, the only thing I use now is Dead Sea salt and it is the best thing Iv used to help mine, I never thought of contact dermatitus before, because iv used products that people say work really well but for me have caused chaos, as I sit here now it it's abit flared up becuase I have just showered but I try to avoid any products and then do my sea salt wash and it calms down, it flares up randomly and I can never put my finger on it, i used to have brilliant skin but woke up one morning and it was there! It can clear to the point it's barely visible, and it can be back within a few hours? Crazy! Does anything you eat or drink affect you? Alcohol sugar etc?

Thanks josh

To give you an idea, when I woke up this morning I looked in the mirror and thought how well my skin looked, I thought for some miracle reason it was going, then when I came home from work and looked again it was back to its usuall state! I think it's hard to deal with because of the up and down of thr flares,

Quote Originally Posted by Jfrench1775 View Post
    To give you an idea, when I woke up this morning I looked in the mirror and thought how well my skin looked, I thought for some miracle reason it was going, then when I came home from work and looked again it was back to its usuall state! I think it's hard to deal with because of the up and down of thr flares,
    Sleep suppresses inflammation which is why your face looks so clear first thing in the morning.

It seems like you are suffering from contact dermatitis the question is whether SD is also involved.

I don't know slot about contact dermatitus, but is there anything apart from the products I put on my face that can flare it? And can you have contact and Serb derm at the same time?