Thread: Please please help Burning sooo bad!

Default Please please help Burning sooo bad!

Hi everyone I'm recently diagnosed and need help. I was told I have p and p rosacea. I'm not super red or veiny (yet). My symptoms started with dry eye mgd followed by blepharitis. I was treated with Oracea 40 mg times release (doxy) for my eyes with some improvement. 3 weeks into the antibiotic my skin started burning BAD! I went to see the derm and he said rosacea p and p and ocular as well. I am a bit redder than normal but mostly just have a ton of tiny bumps under my skin. I constantly look in the mirror thinking I must be bright red because the burning feels so hot and hurts so much but it's always the same. I've also recently been diagnosed with essential tremor (still waiting to see neurology). I've read there can be a link between that and neurogenic rosacea but derm dismissed it and said it wasn't common.

My question is whether or not burning like this is normal for rosacea. It's not mild it feels worse than the most brutal sunburn I've ever had. Is burning like this typical without flushing and being really red alongside of it?

The derm gave me rosiver (soolantra in the US) which I am using and doesn't seem to hurt or help (only been 3 days). He also gave me a higher dose of the doxy but I am afraid to start it again when I think the 3 weeks of oracea (doxy) might have started this whole burning thing in the first place. Derm didn't think they were related because the first 3 weeks on it I didn't have the burning. Nothing else was different no food changes or product changes. I already eat super clean (no gluten, dairy, sugar, only meat I eat is Alaskan salmon, tons of fruit and veg).

If anyone has any advice I would be so grateful. I don't know how much longer I can go on with burning like this.

Hi BBE,

Is it any better today?

This is probably not what you want to hear, but I think you need to give the medications a few more days to see reduction in the symptoms. During my first week on Metrocream, Rosiver and Doxy I had some horrible discomfort (burning and itching) that made me want to slice my face off. Eventually my face calmed down, though I would get itchy patches on my face (my chin and usually around my eyebrows or forehead). I found taking an antihistamine got rid of the itch. The bumps all went away too - both the external ones and the ones just under the skin. It just needs some time.

If you can distract yourself it would be helpful - find something to binge-watch on Netflix, read a book, get outside and look for signs of spring, engage in something creative, etc. It's easier to cope if you're not constantly thinking about it.

Good luck!

Default Burning

I have mostly type 1.
    I get burning both Inth and without the red flushes, absolutely no idea why, sometimes I think a flare is coming because it's burning but my face isn't red.

Sorry I don't have any tips as I'm newly diagnosed and was only given metro gel but I find spray thermal water from la Roche posay or aveene really feels relieving and cooling when I'm burning.

Thanks Gillian,
    Unfortunately no better today but optimistic that with time it will be better. It's encouraging to hear you had improvement with rosiver and doxy. I just started the doxy today and have been using the rosiver for a few days now. Part of me is just scared that the doxy caused all this in the first place although I guess that's not very realistic. Time will tell I suppose. Your distraction idea is wise. I'll do my best to take your advice. Thank you!

Jade thank you for your suggestion. I will look for the thermal water as soon as I am feeling well enough to go out.

I'm grateful for this community and appreciate you both taking the time to comment

Quote Originally Posted by BBE View Post
    Thanks Gillian,
    Unfortunately no better today but optimistic that with time it will be better. It's encouraging to hear you had improvement with rosiver and doxy. I just started the doxy today and have been using the rosiver for a few days now. Part of me is just scared that the doxy caused all this in the first place although I guess that's not very realistic. Time will tell I suppose. Your distraction idea is wise. I'll do my best to take your advice. Thank you!

Jade thank you for your suggestion. I will look for the thermal water as soon as I am feeling well enough to go out.

I'm grateful for this community and appreciate you both taking the time to comment
    You're welcome, I forgot to mention from researching and seeing other Rosacea posts I used a natural yogurt, turmeric and honey mixed together as a face mask and it was so beautifully cooling. Don't let it dry though as the second time I used it I let it dry and my skin was a little red when I washed it off.

I totally feel your pain though, if I burn I'm constantly on edge that I'm going to flare sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Very strange disease but I live in fear of being flared and in pain all day if it progresses, I already experience enough burning in a daily basis 😞