Thread: Berberine?

Default Berberine?

Hello,

has anyone got experiences with berberine?

It has high antiinflammatory properties and is known to lower blood sugar and insulin.

Topical berberine would be a non-starter as it stains the skin (and clothing) a bright yellow colour.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    Topical berberine would be a non-starter as it stains the skin (and clothing) a bright yellow colour.
    Okay but I thought about taking it orally. I ordered it online and until today I have only taken it one time because the day I took it, my flushing seems to be a bit worse. Maybe it was just my imagination or coincidence.

I really want to take it because it has so many benefits.

I have started taking it for the past few days. It is also in Citricidal by Metagenics. I take Citricidal and Berberine. Early days for Berberine but I seams as though my burning is less frequent. I will update as I continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne_Andersen View Post
    I have started taking it for the past few days. It is also in Citricidal by Metagenics. I take Citricidal and Berberine. Early days for Berberine but I seams as though my burning is less frequent. I will update as I continue.

Sounds good to me :-) is citricidal same as grapeseed extract?? How are your supplements working so far?

Started taking berberine again yesterday. Hope it will help against my breakout

Citricidal is a very strong extract of grape seed yes. But my derm has put me back onto antibiotics. My face is in severe pain most of the day so I have to do onto hard core stuff for now. IPL starts at the end of this month.

Citricidal is a concoction prepared from grapefruit not grapes. Take care not to confuse their origins as their modus operandi (if any in this context) is completely different.

Hi johnabetts. Is it true that citricidal or grapefruit seed extract doesn't contain natural antimicrobial properties and that the antimicrobial effect is due to chemicals used in the processing of it?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunD View Post
    Hi johnabetts. Is it true that citricidal or grapefruit seed extract doesn't contain natural antimicrobial properties and that the antimicrobial effect is due to chemicals used in the processing of it?
    I do believe that is so. The arguments put forward by the Citricidal disciples do not stand up to detailed scrutiny.

I am not going elaborate on this. There is plenty to convince me on the Internet and I know how closed minded people can be when presented with hard evidence which goes against their, at best speculative, beliefs. If you want to find out more just use our friend Goooooooogle.

Berberine inhibits mTOR which is implicated in acne. Not sure if mTOR plays a role in rosacea.

Just a heads up, berberine is known to cause constipation (I experienced this on it and had to take an Exlax every few days).