Thread: Surviving the purpura stage

Default Surviving the purpura stage

Hi everyone
    I'm on my 3rd day after purpuric vbeam for 3 rosacea lesions (a mess of red patches with broken caps).
    I'm glad that I didnt get blisters or scabbing so far but a bit unhappy about how purple my spots still are.
    One question: today I put arnic lotion and a few hours later I noticed a yellowish aureola around the purpura spots in the non treated areas. I didn't see any effect on the non-treated areas between the treatment day and now so I got worried. Surely, too early for hypergpimentation, right?
    Also, when hyperpigmentation occurs, I was expecting itm to be only in the zapped areas. Is this accurate.
    Your inputs will be very appreciated, thank you!

I've had bruising v-beam many times in many places. I've had it take up to 8/10 weeks for the spots to fade. Note that I don't think this was hyperpigmentation just very dark bruises that took a long time to fade.

Thanks Tondar
    I see progress, whcih is reassuring. I have now fading purple and pinkish areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cc2017 View Post
    Thanks Tondar
    I see progress, whcih is reassuring. I have now fading purple and pinkish areas.
    Bruising usually takes 10 days to 2 weeks to disappear in my experience

Default Day 12 progression

Here's a pic of day 12. Definitely progression but it feels rather slow. What an exercise to patience this treatment is. The other pic is day 1
    Attached Images

Default day 22

This is day 22. The bigger spot is a bit brown and pink, while the other two are still pink and red with purpura leftovers.
    I guess it is healing but no sure way to know if it is heading to hyperpigmentation. If someone who previously had vbeam sees this, i would welcome thouhght on the progression at day 22.
    Spots are very noticeable, more so than in pics.What worries me slightly is that te stain seems to spread beyond the treated area. a bit ugly!
    thank you
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Cc2017; 25th February 2017 at 03:05 PM.

Hello Cc2017, I just wanted to check in on you and see how you were doing with your purpura? I had purpura from the Excel V (also a vascular laser) two weeks ago and I still have redness, but so far I do not see brown.

Hi titus23
    I'm 7 weeks post vbeam and I still have spots which are a mix of red and brown.
    i think the brown only started to appear after the bright red of purpura was gone and that was about week 4.
    I do think my spots are fading but the process is very slow and the spots tend to fade and spread, which is very annoying.
    Some people say it goes away in 2, 3 months or longer so i just havfe to wait and see what happens for me as this was my 1st vbeam.
    good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by Cc2017 View Post
    Hi titus23
    I'm 7 weeks post vbeam and I still have spots which are a mix of red and brown.
    i think the brown only started to appear after the bright red of purpura was gone and that was about week 4.
    I do think my spots are fading but the process is very slow and the spots tend to fade and spread, which is very annoying.
    Some people say it goes away in 2, 3 months or longer so i just havfe to wait and see what happens for me as this was my 1st vbeam.
    good luck !
    Yes I had hemosiderin staining a few years ago, much more severe than your pics, and it took forever to clear but it definitely did. I would recommend oral vitamin C as that appeared to help with me, but like you said it does go away slowly. Also I used the Triluma which helped with the hyperpigmentation (the brown) so that could be an option your doctor can do for you. Good luck and let me know how things progress over the next few weeks.

Great thread! did the blue spots completely go away now?