Thread: Feedback on dermatologist's recommended regimen

Default Feedback on dermatologist's recommended regimen

I just recently went back to dermatologist for follow up on acne rosacea. She started me on 100mg/day of doxycycline, sulfur/sulfacetamide cleanser once at night for 10-20 seconds, metro cream twice daily, and recommended Cerave SA cleanser. The cleanser seems to be not causing as much redness as my previous cleanser, Clinique Acne soap, even though they both are a salicylic acid cleanser. I guess because the Cerave SA has moisturizing agents? Anyway, I have been using the metro cream only on active spots, to see how my face will react. I have been doing this regimen for two weeks. My face had been clearing up nicely and not nearly as red, but now I am getting more spots on both cheeks. Is this to be expected? I am just a little concerned that I don't really know if any of these products could be causing the new breakouts, as I have started several new things at once. Or, does the doxy cause breakouts before it helps clear? I did cut back on the sulfur cleanser to every other day as it was very drying.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Thank you!

The 100mg of daily doxy should clear up spots (bumps?) nicely. Just give it time and make sure to take doxy on an empty stomach. I take it right when I wake up with a large glass of cold water and don't eat for an hour.

Thank you for the response. It is just discouraging as my face was the clearest and nicest texture it has been in forever a week after starting and now it is starting to go downhill. I am breaking out in places I do not normally break out. :/ I will stick with it longer. It just does concern me that I am using so many new things that I don't really know if any one thing is causing it to worsen, or if the regimen is just causing a purge.