Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depressed, need advice

Default Depressed, need advice

Hey guys any advice for dealing with rosacea mentally?
    I'm a straight forward bloke and never felt like this in my life until I started getting rosacea.
    I'm starting to get depressed as the older I get the further I get from living my life to the fullest because of this rosacea ****. Hard on my wife too as she of course does not have bad skin. I'm trying to find my own cure but in the process I think I'm over doing it and sucks because I'm the only one with rosacea of all the people I know. I compare myself too much to others. Anybody take anti depressants they might help...I'm sure feeling like this only makes it worse.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    Hey guys any advice for dealing with rosacea mentally?
    I'm a straight forward bloke and never felt like this in my life until I started getting rosacea.
    I'm starting to get depressed as the older I get the further I get from living my life to the fullest because of this rosacea ****. Hard on my wife too as she of course does not have bad skin. I'm trying to find my own cure but in the process I think I'm over doing it and sucks because I'm the only one with rosacea of all the people I know. I compare myself too much to others. Anybody take anti depressants they might help...I'm sure feeling like this only makes it worse.
    Thanks
    stay strong bro! got rosacea for a long time now.. is laser treatment a option for you? im thinkin about it lately .. it's always pretty bad in the winter but in summer it will get better!

Laser worked for about a year but then I got damage from the laser like small pin holes changed texture so no more laser ever. Need to calm my skin down before trying to fix. Just sucks

Hi there, so sorry about the laser damage! I too had suboptimal results from a recent laser experience.... (in my case, made flushing worse).

I am on an antidepressant and so are many ppl here, I think it is worth a try. Some ppl even say it helps their rosacea. For me personally, it helps me feel I have a better handle on life. I've tried a few, and you could probably find one that has side effects that are ok for you.

Writing down / thinking about things you are grateful for, and making that a habit, does- I think- shift your thinking over time ... it's cheezeballs I know and easy to shrug off, but worth doing.

Im sorry that you are feeling down ... I know what you mean about trying to compare yourself to others ... I fall into that trap too (well I think everyone does, in their way) ... but I know the more you do it, the more instinctive it will be for you (strengthens those 'bad' networks in the brain ... positive feedback so to speak), I personally try to do anything to change gears when I realize it's happening (listen to music, respond to emails, whatev.)

Hope you ultimately find something that helps with your rosacea, and hope you feel better mentally about it all at some point.

lizzy

Ahh as soon as I find some improvement I will be over the the moon! Until then I will be sad inside!
    My wife thinks I'm bit depressed and needs some meds....but it's my face and appearance that bother me. I think a lot of rosacea sufferers would have same feelings as I

Ahh as soon as I find some improvement I will be over the the moon! Until then I will be sad inside!
    My wife thinks I'm bit depressed and needs some meds....but it's my face and appearance that bother me. I think a lot of rosacea sufferers would have same feelings as I
    I understand, I'm also depressed, Rosacea has completely changed me, I used to be so happy it was annoying, always singing, laughing, always excited about life, then Rosacea came along and now my mood is so low, I'm only depressed because of my skin nothing else. Maybe you wife is right, it might be worth trying some medication to see if helps...who knows it might even improve your skin.

Yeh I know I think I might. There might be thread somewhere here about different meds...there's so many!
    Which one would help more not sure!
    But it really is just my skin that pisses me off and and downs me! Nothing else at all. I would be dam happy if I didn't have rosacea ..and would change my how persepctive of happiness. How normal people with great skin just don't know what it's like. Wife is Italian so she has brown skin and it's perfect lol it's annoying

Yeh I know I think I might. There might be thread somewhere here about different meds...there's so many!
    Which one would help more not sure!
    But it really is just my skin that pisses me off and and downs me! Nothing else at all. I would be dam happy if I didn't have rosacea ..and would change my how persepctive of happiness. How normal people with great skin just don't know what it's like. Wife is Italian so she has brown skin and it's perfect lol it's annoying
    Hi Raymond, I know how you feel. I was diagnosed with rosacea 2 1/2 years ago. My face was always red and I was so down about it. I just wanted to stay home and not be seen in public. Well, my dermatologist prescribed me a topical cream to calm the redness. He also recommended that get some Vanicream moisturizer which over the counter found at Walgreens for $18.99. I also the Vanicream bar soap as well and it's 4.99 a bar. Anyways, I used the topical cream for about 3 months along with the moisturizer and my face cleared up and is very smooth. I also changed my diet, drank lots of water and reduced my dairy intake. I now just the Vanicrean moisturizer and the bar soap. I couldn't be any happier. I went from hiding to Taking selfies😄. I buy my vanicream products on Amazon because its cheaper. Check with your Derm and/or this into this product to see if this will work for you. Check the ingredients as well before use. This has changed my life. I really hope this info helps. Good Luck!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BIGWIL33 View Post
    Hi Raymond, I know how you feel. I was diagnosed with rosacea 2 1/2 years ago. My face was always red and I was so down about it. I just wanted to stay home and not be seen in public. Well, my dermatologist prescribed me a topical cream to calm the redness. He also recommended that get some Vanicream moisturizer which over the counter found at Walgreens for $18.99. I also the Vanicream bar soap as well and it's 4.99 a bar. Anyways, I used the topical cream for about 3 months along with the moisturizer and my face cleared up and is very smooth. I also changed my diet, drank lots of water and reduced my dairy intake. I now just the Vanicrean moisturizer and the bar soap. I couldn't be any happier. I went from hiding to Taking selfies😄. I buy my vanicream products on Amazon because its cheaper. Check with your Derm and/or this into this product to see if this will work for you. Check the ingredients as well before use. This has changed my life. I really hope this info helps. Good Luck!

Hi BIGWIL
    What sort of cream did your derm prescribed to you? Do you think it is the moisturizer or the prescribed cream that gave the best effect for your skin?
    // Rasmus

I cream definitely helped and I used it once at night after washing my face. It's called Noritate(metronidazole cream) 1%. But it's the Vanicream that gave me the best effect for my skin. I washed my face with the vaniceam soap, pat dryed, put the moisturizer on then the Noritate. Did for about 3 months, my face cleared very nicely. Now I just use the moisturizer and soap morning and at night. I wash my face in luke warm water then, pat dry, then put the moisturizer on. Every now and the I may get few red tiny breakout sores, I use the noritate and it vanishes within 24-48 hours. I know it may be different for some people, this is what has worked for me.