Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White Vinegar Method?

Default White Vinegar Method?

There's been a lot of buzz on Reddit about using white vinegar:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SebDerm/com...es_to_live_by/

I gave it a shot myself, and it's been going pretty good! I've tried using apple cider vinegar before, and this works way better.

You will definitely experience some stinging and redness after use, but it disappears quickly. Once you've been using it for a while, you won't notice any stinging at all, since your skin is healed up.

Just wondering what some of the experts on here think about this? Could it cause any damage in the long term?

I don't understand why anyone on this forum who read a thing or two about SD would use all these home remedies that are sticky, smell awful or have weird side effects and really have no long term benefits when it's scientifically proven that climbazole works and it is as easy as dissolving it in MCT oil, the only oil that won't feed malassezia and will actually also moisturize the skin. Could it be any simpler than that?

I think that the guys on reddit are still very much in the dark about SD.

Quote Originally Posted by savino View Post
    proven that climbazole works and it is as easy as dissolving it in MCT oil, the only oil that won't feed malassezia and will actually also moisturize the skin. Could it be any simpler than that?

I think that the guys on reddit are still very much in the dark about SD.
    Hi, could you explain the 1st part in detail please? Re climbazole and mct oil.

What are they?

Every time I read about people putting vinegar on their faces because of some anecdote they read on the internet, I cringe a little. Vinegar has a pH level of around 2.4, which is far too acidic, and putting it on your skin will be doing far more harm than good for its overall health. For reference, the skin's pH is around 4.5 - 5.5, and acidic products designed for skin to exfoliate (e.g. glycolic and salicylic acid) are generally no lower than 3.5. Bear in mind that the pH scale is logarithmic rather than linear, so, for example, a pH of 3 is 10 times more acidic than a pH of 4.

Vinegar is great in cooking or on a salad. But not on your face.

Quote Originally Posted by dpw28 View Post
    Hi, could you explain the 1st part in detail please? Re climbazole and mct oil.

What are they?
    If you have a search on this site you'll find lots on making 'climbazoil' - put simply, buy climbazole from the internet and capric/caprylic triglyceride and mix them so it is 0.5% climbazole in the oil then heat to 98% for a couple of minutes. Buy a glass beaker and a scale that can measure small amounts. Simple.

Thanks for the above, if this is the case then why hasn't anyone made this oil concuction. available to buy online? Or even on here? Not having a dig but I've read so many things on here to help combat it and nothing has worked really.

Back to white vinegar... I'm on the 4th day of using it and my red patches are almost 100% gone, the itching is gone and I'm feeling good.

Regime, apply pure white vinegar neat on the patches effected by SD (pref whilst in shower) gently massage on to area for 20-30 seconds, wash off in shower (as cold as you can tolerate) once out of shower moisture ASAP, I'm using aveeno.

1st time I did it, it really stung but now it's getting better.

I'm doing it once a day before bed, wake up in morning, cold water over face and then moisturise again.

I'm going to do this for 1 whole week every night and then hopefully can cut down to every other night or 1 in 3

Thanks for the above, if this is the case then why hasn't anyone made this oil concuction. available to buy online? Or even on here? Not having a dig but I've read so many things on here to help combat it and nothing has worked really.
    The opportunity is there for you! Or you could even make your own. Details are amply explained on there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    The opportunity is there for you! Or you could even make your own. Details are amply explained on there somewhere.
    And this 100% works?

And this 100% works?
    Didn't say that! Nothing seems to 100% work with this insidious malady. Try it out first. More acceptable than dousing yourself in vinegar though.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    Didn't say that! Nothing seems to 100% work with this insidious malady. Try it out first. More acceptable than dousing yourself in vinegar though.
    Putting e45 shampoo on my face (recommended here) seemed more acceptable also, yet turned my face bright red for almost 2 weeks!