Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Interesting piece about oxymetazoline

@poppe - Ive = I've, it is English shortcut for "I have", past tense (present perfect form).
    IPL is IPL, there is no IPL Ive.

Quote Originally Posted by poppe View Post
    @Fiugs, Your IPL is called "Ive"? IPL Ive?
    That was just a typo... it should read.. 'The IPLs I've (I have) been having.. sorry

Sorry, my mistake
    But Fiugs, what Your company is IPL? Lumenis, Elight... etc?

You know the settings?
    Last edited by poppe; 18th March 2017 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poppe View Post
    Sorry, my mistake
    But Fiugs, what Your company is IPL? Lumenis, Elight... etc?

You know the settings?
    It's eLight. I'm afraid I have no idea of the settings, except that I asked her to start very conservatively because my skin was soooo sensitive and the flushing very bad. On the 3rd treatment she raised the settings a little... but I thought the recovery period was too tough... Bad flushing every night for almost a month. But then, after the 6th week it sudden,y really improved, and I haven't flushed since.

The 4th time (earlier this week) she kept the setting just the same as the 3rd and it has been no trouble at all, my skin feels much less sensitive.

I am a-l-m-o-s-t looking forward to my 5th treatment at the beginning of May.

There's a little more about my IPL journey here
    Last edited by Fiugs; 18th March 2017 at 06:55 PM.

Is anyone still trialling the oxymetazoline?

Nar I stopped. The results are very up and down. If I am going to use it I would rather try rhofade when it comes out as it might be more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    Nar I stopped. The results are very up and down. If I am going to use it I would rather try rhofade when it comes out as it might be more reliable.
    Thanks for the response. Did you experience any rebound?

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik1967 View Post
    Is anyone still trialling the oxymetazoline?

I also used Oxy. 0,5 % cream last month. It made my face paler and also blocked flushings. But after 3-4 days of use it I noticed my skin was little bit redder than before oxy. After a week I noticed I flushed much more easily than before - and all kind situations which weren't problem before oxy. I wouldnít say it was rebound effect but seemed like oxy. made my skin more proned to flushings. After a week I stopped using it.

I suppose strongly that "warm room theory" is explonation in my case. I remembered substance p and this thread:

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...ide-Y-Flushing

I made my own capsaicine cream: 1/3 teaspoon fine chilipowder mixed with 15 g skin cream. I use cream which is intended to dry atopic skin (this cream include rhealba oat). I added also little bit anti-redness cream (green shade).
    I got the idea from main stream doctor Risto Laitila who showed it on finnish tv (context of pain reducing). He got this idea from some wathcer who use it his/her painful shingles. Capsaicine is used nerve pains also in hospitals.

I have used it 2 weeks now and I noticed positive effect in different situations: it has reduced notably my flushings. I noticed effect since first day.

It make my cheeks little redder (increase blood flow) but it looks enough naturally. Most important: I donít flush so easily and flushes are much milder than before. Example temperature fluctuations are not so big problem for me now. Once again: warm room theory.

As you all understand it makes sense to take special caution with chili on rosacea face. My face seems to tolarate quite well different creams compared average rosaceans.

And warning: heat (example sauna, intensive exercise) enhance the effect and can cause really hard burn feeling. Interesting is that this does not cause vasodilation/flushings for me. So I think capsaicine depresses right neuropeptides.

omg sepi! Your experiment with capsaicin is very interesting! I've lately been thinking about trying it for myself as well. When I make it and test it out I guess I'm gonna make a post about it.
    Question: does your capsaicin cream burn when you apply it?
    Suggestion: If the chili powder in your cream feels a little gritty you could try infusing an oil with capsaicin and then mixing that oil into a cream. Then the consistency will be smooth!

Quote Originally Posted by elegantsquatlobster View Post
    omg sepi! Your experiment with capsaicin is very interesting! I've lately been thinking about trying it for myself as well. When I make it and test it out I guess I'm gonna make a post about it.
    Question: does your capsaicin cream burn when you apply it?
    Suggestion: If the chili powder in your cream feels a little gritty you could try infusing an oil with capsaicin and then mixing that oil into a cream. Then the consistency will be smooth!
    The first few days my cream with normal chilipowder did little burn when I applied it (burns about half hour) but not anymore after 2 weeks of use. I use now extra hot chilipowder - it does burn little but also this burning is well tolerable.
    I'll continue with extra hot chili because I believe this can increase tolerability example meaning of temperature fluctuations

Dr. Risto Laitinen said: In perfect case using capsaicin regularly pain signal does not move anymore to brain. So if repression of substane p will help easy pain in long term maybe it can also easy vasodilation and flushings (like it has already done in my case).

Thank you for great tip! I will buy soon chilioil from food store.

I use also capsaicin capsules to improve my digestion. I use these with hcl and digestive enzymes.
    And I have ordered capsaicin nasal spray Ė some use it for migraine. Iím curious if also nasal spray can be effective way handle rosacea symptoms.