Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super impressed with this dermatolgoist and new skin regime (so far)

Sound like it is going pretty terribly to me, it sounds like your body is really rejecting the treatment and lets be honest Rosacea is not some dangerous internal disease that justifies this level of reaction. Apart from that thought I can't really comment on the medicine he has given you as I have little experience with such treatments apart from my own use of Metronidazole cream.

However I do not like the sound of that oatmeal with milk wash. Dairy on the face - especially just normal cow's milk purchasable from a supermarket - contains many different bacteria and elements that are not compatible with human skin. It may feel soothing but there a lot of other options which can soothe your skin that don't contain dairy products, I would recommend to stick to the natural approach for cleansers, mask, moisturisers etc. unless it is medicated/recommended by your dermatologist.

Default Facial cleanser - more details provided

Quote Originally Posted by CertainAnd View Post
    Sound like it is going pretty terribly to me, it sounds like your body is really rejecting the treatment and lets be honest Rosacea is not some dangerous internal disease that justifies this level of reaction. Apart from that thought I can't really comment on the medicine he has given you as I have little experience with such treatments apart from my own use of Metronidazole cream.

However I do not like the sound of that oatmeal with milk wash. Dairy on the face - especially just normal cow's milk purchasable from a supermarket - contains many different bacteria and elements that are not compatible with human skin. It may feel soothing but there a lot of other options which can soothe your skin that don't contain dairy products, I would recommend to stick to the natural approach for cleansers, mask, moisturisers etc. unless it is medicated/recommended by your dermatologist.
    Hi CertainAnd

Oh dear, perhaps this is a case of 'lost in translation'. My fash wash does definitely NOT contain dairy products nor 'normal cow's milk purchasable from a supermarket'. The name of the cleanser is A-Derma. It has indeed been recommended by my dermatologist and it contains as one of its ingredients RhealbaŽ Oat. This is apparently a soothing, non-irritating ingredient that the bottle says is perfect for sensitive skin. It contains no soap and no parabens. Personally I am loving it - it washes off my make-up without irritating my skin at all. If you do a little research you will find that rosacea sufferers have been using colloidal oat-based cleansers for many years with success.

If you have any other queries about the products I am using, feel free to ask me. It's a better approach than making assumptions.