Thread: IPL 515 filter, single pass - Dr Crouch

Default IPL 515 filter, single pass - Dr Crouch

Hi,

My first post on this forum so be gentle I had been seeing Dr Crouch for about 10 years for successful treatment of my rosacea symptoms (baseline redness, mild-moderate flushing) prior to his extremely sad passing away in September. I can only echo what has already been said in that he was an extremely talented practitioner but, over and above that, a caring and compassionate man.

On review of my treatment notes, I was interested to see that Dr Crouch had been treating me for several years using a single pass 515 filter at 26 joules (some treatments were even at 28 joules as my skin had become extremely tolerant over the years). Obviously, this is a different approach to the triple pass method that he has championed over the years.

- I was wondering whether any of his other patients have had success using the single pass method at the 515 filter?
    - Also, having not been treated with the triple pass method (aside from my initial treatment in 2007) I was wondering whether any of his patients
    could share with me the settings he used on them that have had success?

Unfortunately, I am in the midst of a rosacea bad spell and am trying to get things under control. I have recently begun to see Dr Montero at Discover Laser on Dr Crouch’s recommendation and have had my first treatment with him replicating Dr Crouch’s single pass settings. However, I am interested in exploring the triple pass method in further detail particularly as he has adopted this from Dr Crouch.

Thanks all!

Hi

I was treated by Dr Crouch for many years, and had just had a treatment from him a couple of weeks before his sad death. I was once treated with the 515 filter, one pass, but felt the result I got wasn't as good as when I had the triple filter treatment. I have a note of all my treatments somewhere but need to dig them out, once I find them I will message you.

I have been thinking of visiting Dr Montero and was going to email him to enquire whether he would follow the protocols that I had with Dr Crouch, how have you found him?

Thanks
    Hazel

Quote Originally Posted by purple phoenix View Post
    Hi

I was treated by Dr Crouch for many years, and had just had a treatment from him a couple of weeks before his sad death. I was once treated with the 515 filter, one pass, but felt the result I got wasn't as good as when I had the triple filter treatment. I have a note of all my treatments somewhere but need to dig them out, once I find them I will message you.

I have been thinking of visiting Dr Montero and was going to email him to enquire whether he would follow the protocols that I had with Dr Crouch, how have you found him?

Thanks
    Hazel
    Hazel,

Sorry for the slow reply. I have found Dr Montero very good in all fairness. He uses the same triple protocol as Dr Crouch and is happy to replicate his settings if you take the print of with you. I think he has quite a few ex Dr Crouch patients now. If you could message me your settings that would be extremely helpful in terms of understanding some of the treatments other people were having. Thanks.

Steve

Hi Steve
    Sorry, i must apologise, I hadn't realised you had replied to my post, been really busy at work and haven't been on the forum. I have just tried to send you a private but it wouldn't send. If you message me, Ill message you back, sorry again for the late reply.

Cheers
    Hazel

Hi Steve
    Sorry, i must apologise, I hadn't realised you had replied to my post, been really busy at work and haven't been on the forum. I have just tried to send you a private but it wouldn't send. If you message me, Ill message you back, sorry again for the late reply.

Cheers
    Hazel
    Hi, apologies to butt in like this but I was just wondering if you ever did see Dr Montero and if so how you got on with him? I am considering getting my first IPL/laser treatments sometime this or next year and am trying to research who is best in the UK. My main issues are persistent redness/veins and flushing though I do also have some small pimples appearing recently. Thanks in advance for any help or advice

Quote Originally Posted by m-thom View Post
    Hi, apologies to butt in like this but I was just wondering if you ever did see Dr Montero and if so how you got on with him? I am considering getting my first IPL/laser treatments sometime this or next year and am trying to research who is best in the UK. My main issues are persistent redness/veins and flushing though I do also have some small pimples appearing recently. Thanks in advance for any help or advice
    Hi

Sorry the slightly belated reply, I'm not on the forum very often these days. I haven't been to Dr Montero for treatment but if I feel I need a treatment I will go to him. I went to Dr Crouch for many years and was very happy with my treatments with him, they kept my rosacea at a manageable level. I think my rosacea was/is very hormonally driven and due to age related hormonal changes there has been improvement. I have also found probiotics and burdock supplements very helpful.

However the biggest factor in managing my rosacea was ipl and laser treatments, they made a huge difference. My rosacea at it's worst was permanent redness which could turn almost purple, flushing, itchy uncomfortable lumps and bumps, hyper sensitive skin. I'm sorry I can't be of any help as to who to see, however I spoke to Dr Crouch a short time before his sad death and he very much recommended Dr Montero, which I think is as good an endorsement as any. Dr Crouch also said he had contacted many clinic's and Dr in his quest to find somewhere to refer his current patients to.

The following is from an email I received from Dr Crouch -

Dr Miguel Montero Garcia is based at Discover Medical Aesthetics in Burnley ( BB12 0RT ) and the website address is www.discoverlaser.co.uk. Bookings and enquiries can be made via their website and the telephone number is 01282 420 886. Dr Miguel Montero has a Lumenis One and is very familiar with the protocols I have developed over the past two decades.

Other highly reputable practitioners and clinics are (of course) available e.g. Prof Nick Lowe and Tony Chu in London and Max Murison in Swansea also come to mind but this is not intended to be an comprehensive nor exhaustive list (and I am trying very hard not to offend anyone if I have forgotten anyone).

I hope the above is helpful. If you have any questions just ask.

Hazel

Default late reply back!

Hi

Sorry the slightly belated reply, I'm not on the forum very often these days. I haven't been to Dr Montero for treatment but if I feel I need a treatment I will go to him. I went to Dr Crouch for many years and was very happy with my treatments with him, they kept my rosacea at a manageable level. I think my rosacea was/is very hormonally driven and due to age related hormonal changes there has been improvement. I have also found probiotics and burdock supplements very helpful.

However the biggest factor in managing my rosacea was ipl and laser treatments, they made a huge difference. My rosacea at it's worst was permanent redness which could turn almost purple, flushing, itchy uncomfortable lumps and bumps, hyper sensitive skin. I'm sorry I can't be of any help as to who to see, however I spoke to Dr Crouch a short time before his sad death and he very much recommended Dr Montero, which I think is as good an endorsement as any. Dr Crouch also said he had contacted many clinic's and Dr in his quest to find somewhere to refer his current patients to.

The following is from an email I received from Dr Crouch -

Dr Miguel Montero Garcia is based at Discover Medical Aesthetics in Burnley ( BB12 0RT ) and the website address is www.discoverlaser.co.uk. Bookings and enquiries can be made via their website and the telephone number is 01282 420 886. Dr Miguel Montero has a Lumenis One and is very familiar with the protocols I have developed over the past two decades.

Other highly reputable practitioners and clinics are (of course) available e.g. Prof Nick Lowe and Tony Chu in London and Max Murison in Swansea also come to mind but this is not intended to be an comprehensive nor exhaustive list (and I am trying very hard not to offend anyone if I have forgotten anyone).

I hope the above is helpful. If you have any questions just ask.

Hazel
    Hi Hazel, excuse my very late reply! My skin has been pretty bad since I wrote and I kind of got tired of talking about it online it just started to feel a bit depressing. Winter is, of course, doing terrible things to it now. I am hoping to get to Dr Montero Garcia this year though, have decided it's really time to try some lasers. I was interested to see you mentioned hormones and probiotics, what supplements do you find helpful? I definitely feel my rosacea was triggered by hormonal changes!

Quote Originally Posted by m-thom View Post
    Hi Hazel, excuse my very late reply! My skin has been pretty bad since I wrote and I kind of got tired of talking about it online it just started to feel a bit depressing. Winter is, of course, doing terrible things to it now. I am hoping to get to Dr Montero Garcia this year though, have decided it's really time to try some lasers. I was interested to see you mentioned hormones and probiotics, what supplements do you find helpful? I definitely feel my rosacea was triggered by hormonal changes!
    Hi, I sent you a private message, don't know if you get notification of private messages or not. Hope you are okay, best wishes,

Hazel