Thread: Can somebody help me?

Default Can somebody help me?

Hello fellow rosaceans. I've been visiting this forum for years now but never felt confident to come and make a post for myself. I'm 26, male and pretty fair skinned. My back story is my rosacea started back when I was 18 when I found a raised red bump on my right cheek that wouldn't go away with topicals and oral antibiotics. I still have this bump, my first sign for the worse. I have a firm belief that it was the administration of Roaccutane (Isotretinoin) that I took for acne in my teens would later be responsible for my rosacea and blepharitis on a permanent basis. Over the years I started to flush and react to social situations and alcohol but it was more or less in control. However the last few years have taken a serious turn for the worse. I've faced hardship and stress unprecedented after my brother suffering renal failure and my dad's passing of cancer. I have been diagnosed with rosacea, flushing type and red bumps/rash and acne papules. I also suffer ocular rosacea (mgd/blepharitis/dry eye) severely and also a milder case of seb derm around the lips and scalp. On top of that, from the stress of losing family I now deal with Ibs-C which has changed my life for the worse. Today it's a constant battle with this condition and I have tried many approaches to no avail. I have food sensitivity more than ever, and my life has never felt more restricted. Long story short is, my biggest battle right now is night time flushing. Every single night I lay down and when I'm laid horizontally the blood seems to rush to my head in some crazy reaction. If I get any sleep at all then the extreme heat in my head will wake me up and its very damaging. It starts with my ears, then affects my face and eyes get inflamed. I get migraines and interestingly, my legs and feet also flush. I don't understand this reaction. It used to be that when I went to sleep I would be mostly relaxed and my rosacea would be at it's calmest. Now when I'm most relaxed, my condition seems to be at it's most aggravated. It's nonsense! The idea of flushing every night is really upsetting. I'm never making any progress because it never gets chance to recover. I've got permanent redness now in my ears and face even when I'm not flushed. I hate it so much and I need a miracle. Anyway, I look forward to discussing this issue with you guys and hope to find a solution. I think we can all relate that it's hard to find people to talk to about this condition. Most people I know don't understand or care enough to engage in the conversation. Thanks!

Elliot,

What are you doing now to treat your rosacea?

Have you considered trying Deansm treatment reported in the first post (BVokey post #s 82, 85, 90 and more) and a second thread started by charles delacruz. We have a post about this at the RRDi. Might be a miracle?
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Elliot,

What are you doing now to treat your rosacea?

Have you considered trying Deansm treatment reported in the first post (BVokey post #s 82, 85, 90 and more) and a second thread started by charles delacruz. We have a post about this at the RRDi. Might be a miracle?
    Hi Brady, I read quite abit of that and it's interesting. I'm in the UK and I'm not sure how my GP will react to the enquiry of a compound amitriptyline/ketamine cream. Probably laugh and send me on my way. Interesting to see ketamine used medicinally, as it's one of those drugs your parents warn you about growing up! As for my routine right now, I take herbals for their anti inflammatory properties - grape seed extract, turmeric and apple cider vinegar tablets. Turmeric seems to be the most powerful but it just does nothing for my night times flushes. I also have been shedding loads of hair, could be a side effect of turmeric or the blood flow to my head every night can't be good for me. Either way, very distressing. Still feel I'm too young for this condition to have this much of an impact on my life. Ive tried loads if other things but nothing too extreme like laser treatments so I'll spare the detail as I don't want to ramble. Thanks anyway, I'll enquire about the compound, though I highly doubt they'll let me have it 😔

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott77 View Post
    Hello fellow rosaceans. I've been visiting this forum for years now but never felt confident to come and make a post for myself. I'm 26, male and pretty fair skinned. My back story is my rosacea started back when I was 18 when I found a raised red bump on my right cheek that wouldn't go away with topicals and oral antibiotics. I still have this bump, my first sign for the worse. I have a firm belief that it was the administration of Roaccutane (Isotretinoin) that I took for acne in my teens would later be responsible for my rosacea and blepharitis on a permanent basis. Over the years I started to flush and react to social situations and alcohol but it was more or less in control. However the last few years have taken a serious turn for the worse. I've faced hardship and stress unprecedented after my brother suffering renal failure and my dad's passing of cancer. I have been diagnosed with rosacea, flushing type and red bumps/rash and acne papules. I also suffer ocular rosacea (mgd/blepharitis/dry eye) severely and also a milder case of seb derm around the lips and scalp. On top of that, from the stress of losing family I now deal with Ibs-C which has changed my life for the worse. Today it's a constant battle with this condition and I have tried many approaches to no avail. I have food sensitivity more than ever, and my life has never felt more restricted. Long story short is, my biggest battle right now is night time flushing. Every single night I lay down and when I'm laid horizontally the blood seems to rush to my head in some crazy reaction. If I get any sleep at all then the extreme heat in my head will wake me up and its very damaging. It starts with my ears, then affects my face and eyes get inflamed. I get migraines and interestingly, my legs and feet also flush. I don't understand this reaction. It used to be that when I went to sleep I would be mostly relaxed and my rosacea would be at it's calmest. Now when I'm most relaxed, my condition seems to be at it's most aggravated. It's nonsense! The idea of flushing every night is really upsetting. I'm never making any progress because it never gets chance to recover. I've got permanent redness now in my ears and face even when I'm not flushed. I hate it so much and I need a miracle. Anyway, I look forward to discussing this issue with you guys and hope to find a solution. I think we can all relate that it's hard to find people to talk to about this condition. Most people I know don't understand or care enough to engage in the conversation. Thanks!
    Hi

I sent you an email