Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: continuos success....

Default continuos success....

Over a year ago my face suddenly got red and swollen....week went by, then another and no change. I went to the doctor and got diagnosed with rosacea. i got a cream - azelaic acid(?)...it only stung my face...also tried brimonidine cream - which worked better....but did not use it much. I limited my alcohol , switched from beer to vodka, limited my sugars, ....it did not help much.
    Last september i went on heavy dose of oregano oil - 6 times a day x 7drops. i noticed significant improvement ...added heavy dose of ginger tea(mushed up ginger in hot water) and pau darco tea. Now my symptoms are almost all gone.....thats continuous since late october. I drink alcohol, occasional smoking.....without much of flare ups. I still use oregano oil, ginger, mastic and pau darco.....and also ACV.....all high doses.

At the beginning I was also diagnosed with HP....but did not want to take antibiotics....thats what made me eat all those supplements.
    I really think oregano oil is doing main work. My wife almost forgot i had that disorder.....
    I will be happy to answer all questions if any.
    michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your message.
    Did you experience sudden red flushes as well ? If so, is it better now ?

Oh, and how do you use the oil ? Is it presented in capsule form or is it like any vegetable oil that you spring on a salad ?

So your regimen is:

oregano oil - 6 times a day x 7 drops
    ginger
    mastic
    Pau d'Arco
    ACV

What is mastic? What is the amount of ginger, mastic,
    Pau d'Arco and ACV you use each day? 'High doses' is not exact so we would appreciate what amounts you are continuing to take each day, please.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by wewillmakeit View Post
    Hi Michael,

Thank you for your message.
    Did you experience sudden red flushes as well ? If so, is it better now ?

Oh, and how do you use the oil ? Is it presented in capsule form or is it like any vegetable oil that you spring on a salad ?
    yes, at the begging it was constant burning.....but unlike many other people, I used warm packs for soothing- it worked much better.
    Now, whenever I suspect "an episode" coming up I dose oil of oregano....within an hour again.
    I consume it in raw form. Comes in small bottles with drop tube. Tastes very harsh....I just shoot it down as fast as possible and chase it with water.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    So your regimen is:

oregano oil - 6 times a day x 7 drops
    ginger
    mastic
    Pau d'Arco
    ACV

What is mastic? What is the amount of ginger, mastic,
    Pau d'Arco and ACV you use each day? 'High doses' is not exact so we would appreciate what amounts you are continuing to take each day, please.
    Oil of oregano - i discovered it by accident - i was on expedition and started to come down with a cold virus; due to that I started taking oil of oregano in large doses and frequently. In couple days I noticed that rosacea symptoms were gone. I think it has lasting effects...I don't have to use it that much on daily bases.

Mastic - its sap from greek tree. I bought it on eBay in raw form and also in capsules from herbal store -its anti HP and its used for gut health. Take it as prescribed...2gram of sap or 2 capsules on empty stomach.

Pau dArco - I make pot of it and drink it whenever i remember - almost every day - good for your gut as well.
    ACV - a gulp 2-3 times a day....whenever i come close to it.
    ginger - i chop it into small bits - large amount - as much as I can handle - you can't over do it - the more the better.

I also started taking probiotics, do not drink coffee any more, no more dairy ( started introducing it back in small amounts). and I stay away from tomatoes.

I must stress that oil of oregano is the main break through. All of the rest are to restore and maintain the gut flora and will pay off in long run.

Hi Michael
    Just curious, do you have any bumps? I have the papulopustular subtype, I find oregano oil has worked super well for me as well...I take 6 super strength P73 Oreganol gelcaps a day (I had to work up to that, it made me sick at first). I find that I can skip several days without my rosacea coming back; I think the OO stops some sort of inflammatory process. I've experimented, and after about a week and a half my skin starts to flare again if I don't take the OO.

-Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Modam View Post
    Hi Michael
    Just curious, do you have any bumps? I have the papulopustular subtype, I find oregano oil has worked super well for me as well...I take 6 super strength P73 Oreganol gelcaps a day (I had to work up to that, it made me sick at first). I find that I can skip several days without my rosacea coming back; I think the OO stops some sort of inflammatory process. I've experimented, and after about a week and a half my skin starts to flare again if I don't take the OO.

-Michelle
    Are the bumps you get limited to your cheeks when you do get them? I think I fit that subtype but my spots aren't always on my cheeks like some pictures of others with this condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Modam View Post
    Hi Michael

-Michelle
    Yes. At the the beginning I looked as if I had chicken pox. My diet addressed that. ACV, coconut oil, limited alcohol - eliminated beer, no sugars, no coffee,no wheat .....lots of green tea, ginger, etc
    Then all I had was red cheeks and nose ....forehead clear up, bumps went away....

I agree with you, I don't have to take OO in large doses every day .....but if I feel an"episode" coming my way I just take large dose of Oregano oil to take care of it.
    I believe that prolonged (12 months+) period of daily use of OO will bring the gut and immune system back to normal and eliminate rosacea for good.

Will oil of oregano kill good bacteria in our gut as well as the bad ones ?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird1 View Post
    Will oil of oregano kill good bacteria in our gut as well as the bad ones ?
    I Guess it is a possibility...I believe that if you have rosacea your gut is out of balance, infested with "enemy"...either bacteria or parasite.....so some collateral damage could be expected...?
    I do take probiotics now as well....