Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: continuos success....

Ok, there is definitely something to this. I'm taking 7 drops per dose, 6 doses per day, and I am currently having they longest remission that I've had since trying oral antibiotics (which didn't last, hopefully this is longer). I'm not planning to taper off for a while, as I've read from people taking smaller doses where out only lasted for a month. My theory is that smaller doses allows the bacteria to adapt. I'll probably switch to a SIBO diet before I lower the dose, as there are some who think there is a link there. I wish there was more research on the connection.

So it's having a good affect on you? Are only taking oo?

Yes. Only taking OO. I'm going to start the a low FODMAP diet this week, and then try tapering off the OO. I'm also going to start on ACV.

Hello.

You say you take 6 doses per day, 7 drops per doses. It seems to be a very high dose, i read that the recommand dose for fight yeast infection was 4 drops, four times daily. But only for 10 days and not longer. Maybe a higher dose is the key to efficiency. But I have questions :

1) When do you take O.O. ? Before or after meals?
    2) Do you take the drops of essential oil directly into your mouth, on the tongue or something? Not diluted in vegetable oil like olive oil?

I think the results are due to the effectiveness of oregano oil to fight bad bacteria and fungi like Candida and Sibo. And not to its potential anti-inflammatory or antibiotic action.
    Last edited by Ryohiku; 5th April 2017 at 06:56 PM.

Do you take anything to put good bacteria in your stomach?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    Hello.

You say you take 6 doses per day, 7 drops per doses. It seems to be a very high dose, i read that the recommand dose for fight yeast infection was 4 drops, four times daily. But only for 10 days and not longer. Maybe a higher dose is the key to efficiency. But I have questions :

1) When do you take O.O. ? Before or after meals?
    2) Do you take the drops of essential oil directly into your mouth, on the tongue or something? Not diluted in vegetable oil like olive oil?

I think the results are due to the effectiveness of oregano oil to fight bad bacteria and fungi like Candida and Sibo. And not to its potential anti-inflammatory or antibiotic action.
    at the beginning I would do basically : "as much as I could handle" - that worked out to be about six times per day -about 6-7 drops. That lasted about 3 months.
    take it whenever you can...morning before breakfast...then couple hours after that....before lunch , after lunch...and so on...
    Take it on the tongue and chase it with water.....
    Now I am on 2 to 3 times per day....morning, lunch if I remember and before sleep.
    I just came back from the trip to Italy. Had quite a bit of wine and beer - must say did not have much of rosacea effects on me....would feel bit of a tingle on my face but nothing visually apparent.....could have been just alcohol effect - maybe I am just paranoid.
    I believe OO will have compounded and lasting effect.....

Quote Originally Posted by lyse View Post
    at the beginning I would do basically : "as much as I could handle" - that worked out to be about six times per day -about 6-7 drops. That lasted about 3 months.
    take it whenever you can...morning before breakfast...then couple hours after that....before lunch , after lunch...and so on...
    Take it on the tongue and chase it with water.....
    Now I am on 2 to 3 times per day....morning, lunch if I remember and before sleep.
    I just came back from the trip to Italy. Had quite a bit of wine and beer - must say did not have much of rosacea effects on me....would feel bit of a tingle on my face but nothing visually apparent.....could have been just alcohol effect - maybe I am just paranoid.
    I believe OO will have compounded and lasting effect.....
    Your oil supplement has vitamin E added in it and is diluted in olive oil. So it's different than straight oregano essential oil.

"Holista Oregano Oil delivers 20 mg of organic oregano oil per dose, standardized to 80 % carvacrol for maximum potency, in a base of organic olive oil and natural vitamin E. Oregano oil is a powerful antioxidant and antimicrobial, used traditionally to treat infections of all kinds, both internally and topically."

I strongly advise people to DILUTE essential oils (if you use a straight essential oil and not this product) in vegetable oil before trying to use it.
    Contact with mouth or tongue has to be AVOIDED!
    Be careful and please read the labels.

Also dosage with straight essential oil is way under what the OP uses. Take some advice, essential oils are not without dangers...
    Good luck.

1. You should NEVER use 7 drops 7x per day! 3x1-2 drops max is all what you need and never longer then 3 weeks, then 2 weeks brake.

2. Oregano oil have best results when mixed with other oil, not in food.

3. To get the most potent effect, add clove essential oil, and cinnamon as well.

3 weeks on 2-3 off. And ONLY if your condition is getting worse!

Generally the dose is 15ml carrier per ~ 5 drops of mix from the oils i mentioned 1-2 from each max!