Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: continuos success....

Quote Originally Posted by deadwing View Post
    Are the bumps you get limited to your cheeks when you do get them? I think I fit that subtype but my spots aren't always on my cheeks like some pictures of others with this condition.
    My bumps start on each side of my nose and sort of spread out in the typical butterfly pattern. These days I rarely end up with bumps on my cheeks because they don't show up there until things get really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lyse View Post
    Yes. At the the beginning I looked as if I had chicken pox. My diet addressed that. ACV, coconut oil, limited alcohol - eliminated beer, no sugars, no coffee,no wheat .....lots of green tea, ginger, etc
    Then all I had was red cheeks and nose ....forehead clear up, bumps went away....

I agree with you, I don't have to take OO in large doses every day .....but if I feel an"episode" coming my way I just take large dose of Oregano oil to take care of it.
    I believe that prolonged (12 months+) period of daily use of OO will bring the gut and immune system back to normal and eliminate rosacea for good.
    That's interesting, diet-wise cutting beer, sugar and coffee (even decaf) and wheat makes a big difference for me too, though I don't often manage to do that. The oregano oil has bought me a bit of reprieve from the diet changes, but I really need to get back to them. I live in a beer nirvana (Pacific Northwest) and I love it too much!

Maybe I'll make those diet changes and see what happens if I stop the OO for a while. I've been on it for about a year now.
    Last edited by Modam; 13th January 2017 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird1 View Post
    Will oil of oregano kill good bacteria in our gut as well as the bad ones ?
    Research finds that OO is largely specific to bad bacteria. I wouldn't say that it won't kill any good ones, but it's loads better than taking antibiotics, including Oracea. All antibiotics I've taken have resulted in yeast infections, which lets me know they are putting my microorganisms out of whack. With OO I don't have that issue at all. Though, I've noticed that if I really overdo it on the diet (like I did over Christmas - I'm talking tons of bread at every meal, tons of sweets every day, beer and coffee almost everyday) a yeast infection will start to pop up. I find that homemade kefir (which is super easy to make) works as an excellent probiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Modam View Post
    That's interesting, diet-wise cutting beer, sugar and coffee (even decaf) and wheat makes a big difference for me too, though I don't often manage to do that. The oregano oil has bought me a bit of reprieve from the diet changes, but I really need to get back to them. I live in a beer nirvana (Pacific Northwest) and I love it too much!

Maybe I'll make those diet changes and see what happens if I stop the OO for a while. I've been on it for about a year now.

That is funny....i am in the same boat...live in Pacific NW.....I am not strict with the diet either....a bit of dairy(ice cream, milk chocolate ), beer almost daily (2 at the most, and I avoid were yeasty ones), some sweets, etc....but i do take OO 3 times a day, plus Probiotics and ACV.....all symptoms are almost gone....occasionally I feel facial burn coming - then I double on OO doses to take care of it. I really think that Oil of Oregano did the trick....I plan to stay on it for a while - do not have courage to stop it all together.
    Michael