Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chili and Spaghetti - Make face looks like crap now!!!

Default Chili and Spaghetti - Make face looks like crap now!!!

I don't cook very much but since I live alone when i cook I do large quantities and then just eat off it for a week.

Since its cold here in Los Angeles, (68 degrees is the high) I made a big batch of crock pot chili and ate that for a week, then I made a big pot of spaghetti for the week after wards.

I gotta say, my face looks prob the worst its ever been in a long time. I don't know if it was just the spices in the chili or just the large amount of tomato sauce.

What's worse is that lately my papules just don't seem to go away. Once they are drained a new layer of skin grows on top of them, and then they puss up again now with a new tight layer of skin on top. It's hard to get the puss out and then once you do, you have to wait for the healing process to start all over again. It's taking about 4 weeks for each pap to heal and then another month for the redness to go away.

This sucks.

I have started to wear "it cosmetics" concealer and I'm a guy but that stuff just seems to make it worse as well. I'm very over this. I don't have a job or insurance to pay for the soolantra or any other treatments.
    Last edited by in_hollywood; 29th December 2016 at 06:37 PM.

Welcome to the world of trying to suss out what is causing you to breakout.

Do you flush / blush or do you just get pimples?

Quote Originally Posted by Ants View Post
    Welcome to the world of trying to suss out what is causing you to breakout.

Do you flush / blush or do you just get pimples?
    I just get papules. I've been trying to beat this for years its not new.

Hi, I saw your other post and even though you haven't noticed flushing, the late onset and long healing time does sound like rosacea to me. I find that triggers (in my case, triggers for flushing, which in turn causes papules) are cumulative so I wonder if it's eating tomatoes (or whatever) several times over a period of a week that has done the damage, and you might be OK having them just once in a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Callah View Post
    Hi, I saw your other post and even though you haven't noticed flushing, the late onset and long healing time does sound like rosacea to me. I find that triggers (in my case, triggers for flushing, which in turn causes papules) are cumulative so I wonder if it's eating tomatoes (or whatever) several times over a period of a week that has done the damage, and you might be OK having them just once in a while?
    I did go to a derm doc about 5 years ago, she said I had rosacea and gave me a few prescriptions. I went to the drugstore to get them filled and the cost was over $400 a month. I haven't been back to the derm since and I really don't have the cash to go back. She did seem a little inexperienced.

My guess is that I have demodex because once a papule starts healing a new one pops up. When I press on my skin I get these small cylinders of white stuff coming out in the red areas. Something is there infecting it, I did try the proavtiv at first but that just made it worse.

Maybe Demodex is your problem. I don't know much about it but I did experience white 'plugs' during a bad flare-up, perhaps similar to yours, and I wondered if they were Demodex related. I think Finacea got rid of them. I feel fortunate to live somewhere I only pay minimal, standardised prescription charges. Although, my GP would never give me several prescriptions at once! They'd say it was wasteful, and how would I know which had worked?

Quote Originally Posted by Callah View Post
    Maybe Demodex is your problem. I don't know much about it but I did experience white 'plugs' during a bad flare-up, perhaps similar to yours, and I wondered if they were Demodex related. I think Finacea got rid of them. I feel fortunate to live somewhere I only pay minimal, standardised prescription charges. Although, my GP would never give me several prescriptions at once! They'd say it was wasteful, and how would I know which had worked?
    I'm willing to try Finacea but it looks like I will have to order some from ebay.

I think I'll try the sibu sea buckthorn oil too.

My insurance doesn't cover soolantra. (I would have to try a bunch of other meds first and have allergic reactions or have them make the rosacea worse before they would cover soolantra...not worth it for me)

The active ingredient in soolantra is ivermectin. You can order ivermectin on Amazon or buy it at the feed store. So I decided to experiment with it. There are different kinds of ivermectin depending on the intended purpose...horse paste, pour-on, and injectable. The pour-on has alcohol and blue dye in it, so some people are very hesitant to try it on their faces. I needed some for one of my pets anyhow, so I bought the pour on and I've been putting it on my face since August. I put a small amount on a cotton ball and rub it over my face, not anywhere near my eyes because of the alcohol. As long as I keep using it, I don't get any papules. If I stop using it for more than five days, the papules come back. When my bottle runs out, I'm planning to buy the injectable formula and mix it with CeraVe face cream, but I still have about half the bottle left. It was $20 so it's been a very cost-effective treatment.

Eating a balanced diet may work wonders. Eating the same (relatively unhealthy) thing for a week can do nothing for your well being.

Do you not eat any fruit or fresh vegetables - or even just take vitamin and mineral supplements?

Eating properly is essential for all parts of your body, including your face.