Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who can help me with this terrible flushing (i'm Dutch)

Default Who can help me with this terrible flushing (i'm Dutch)

I'm from Holland en I'm experiencing terrible flushing since 6 years. Went from diagnoses angio edema (?? which was wrong) to rosacea. I rarely have pimples, maybe three times a year. But everything where the temperature is above 17 degrees celsius, I'm burning up and flushing. I feel burned. Like I'm sunburned (i look like I'm sunburned too) and then someone is again putting hot son on my face. It stings, it burns. My face swells a little due to the dilitation of the blood vessels.
    I've been given Amitrytiline, but it does nothing for me, neither do all the creams....
    I have a little high bloodpressure (nothing too much) and I'm on atenolol.
    Someone mentioned specifically Propanolol and clonidine.
    And is Remeron a different type from Amitrytyline?
    I had my first appointment in the AMC in Amsterdam, but I read more here already then I heard there if I'm honest.......

Who can help me?

I'll add some pictures.DSC00112.jpgDSC00116.jpgHuid Marloes2 (2).jpghuid17.jpghuid18.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Loeloe View Post

I'm from Holland en I'm experiencing terrible flushing since 6 years. Went from diagnoses angio edema (?? which was wrong) to rosacea. I rarely have pimples, maybe three times a year. But everything where the temperature is above 17 degrees celsius, I'm burning up and flushing. I feel burned. Like I'm sunburned (i look like I'm sunburned too) and then someone is again putting hot son on my face. It stings, it burns. My face swells a little due to the dilitation of the blood vessels.
    I've been given Amitrytiline, but it does nothing for me, neither do all the creams....
    I have a little high bloodpressure (nothing too much) and I'm on atenolol.
    Someone mentioned specifically Propanolol and clonidine.
    And is Remeron a different type from Amitrytyline?
    I had my first appointment in the AMC in Amsterdam, but I read more here already then I heard there if I'm honest.......

Who can help me?

I'll add some pictures.DSC00112.jpgDSC00116.jpgHuid Marloes2 (2).jpghuid17.jpghuid18.jpg
    You could ask your doctor for this:
    https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...er-100-CONTROL

It seems quite unknown so far, but maybe it's worth a shot.
    Go to the pharmacy and tell them about your condition, hopefully they can give you something meanwhile untill you get a prescription drug from your doctor.

I don't have so much redness, but my face also stings and burns, I put finacea on and that works for me atleast. Before I knew I had Rosacea I thought it was eczema and I had stinging 24/7 even though I put moisturising things on all the time.
    Then first day I put finacea on it went down just a few minutes later.

Hi,

Temperature is your only trigger? Do you flush also after another things like wind, some kind of foods, exercising ect? You are flushed when you wake up at the morning, or it starts later?

You could try MSM supplements for flushing, also read this thread:

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...ghlight=deansm

I think it could be helpful in this situation.

Hi, thank you for replying.
    I'm had Finacea, the redness comes right through unfortunately. If I break out, I will it seems.....

The factors of influence are indeed all the factors you name. It's certain I have rosacea, it's been diagnosed twice now. The only thing that helps, is cooling with an ice pad I'm so done with that after six years. I cannot go out to dinner. I'm in flames when I have to go to swimming pool every week with my son for his swimming lessons. I'm just really socially handicapped because of this.

There is a significant amount of information about flushing avoidance here.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Thank you Brady, i'll look into it!

whatever it is, it doesn't look bad.

I agree it doesn't look bad, but I do understand it's uncomfortable when your face is stinging and burning. You've probably tried these things already, but I find reducing caffeine and sugary, starchy food helps reduce flushing. Also drinking lots of water - obvious I know, but often I don't realise I've been slacking on this until my face starts pricking and tingling. A tip I think I got from here is to drink iced water slowly, holding it in the cheeks as long as possible, to help bring down a flush.

I realise at this stage you're more likely looking for medication than dietary tips. I haven't tried most of the things you mention, but have found milk thistle supplements at least as effective as antibiotics, if not more so, and this has been for flushing as well as spots.

Quote Originally Posted by in_hollywood View Post
    whatever it is, it doesn't look bad.
    It certainly does look bad. It's not to be missed, I get stares everywhere but most of all: it feels like I'm burned. But I think you mean well.