Thread: Zinc and L glutamine supplements

Default Zinc and L glutamine supplements

Hi.
    * I'm 19/female
    * papulopustular rosacea symptoms
    * Plant based diet
    * Blushing symptoms began late last year and p&ps came april this year
    * Reverting to a very simple skin care routine
    * Dehydrated skin (I think, normally had combination skin, dehydrated feeling came this month)
    * Almost ALL food makes my skin react during or after eating.
    * I don't want to stop eating completely I know that's really bad...but it cause my face and overall self to feel such discomfort

So I've been looking around and saw information about Zinc Carnosine and L Glutamine for acne rosacea.
    I *somewhat* match some symptoms to leaky gut and deficiency.
    I haven't seen a doctor in a long time, but I will soon.
    Is supplementing worth a try? Anyone try these while contolling some factors such as diet and exposure?

Thanks in advance Appreciate any response

I know 0 people in real life with my condition and it seems as though no one has skin problems (very very minor at most)

Feeling somewhat alone in this. My family thinks it's simply acne but I believe it's more than that. I know what I experience and feel.

Also been curious about MSM supplements

Hi there, sorry to hear about your skin problems. I've read that vegetarian diets may lack amino acids like l lysine which may cause problems for some people. Histimine might also be a part of the problem.

I use Solgar MSM. I find it helpful, although it won't stop rosacea, just help improve the condition of the skin a little. Do experiment with different brands as they can be different in their impact from my experience.

I also use zinc, and be aware of the different types of zinc and different brands available as well - so just because one type and brand of zinc doesn't work for you doesn't mean another may not help.

Glutamine is popular with some people with rosacea to help digestion and leaky gut as you say - personally I haven't found so far glutamine works well for me (it seems to cause a flush, whereas for some others it reduces rosacea flushing when taken before meals).

Glutamine is popular with some people with rosacea to help digestion and leaky gut as you say - personally I haven't found so far glutamine works well for me (it seems to cause a flush, whereas for some others it reduces rosacea flushing when taken before meals).
    Glutamine causes flushing in me too. Rebound type flushing. I took it years ago and found it helpful initially but then it had the opposite effect.
    Recently I ran two more experiments. Same reaction. A pretty decent reduction in flushing, but after a week, horrible rebound flushing in the morning.
    In addition, it messes up my gut. Prof Jaminet has warned it can fuel certain infections, including fungal. I have no idea if that was the cause in me or not.
    My reading suggests that Glutamine inhibits NO, so perhaps the rebound is due to that. It likely causes an imbalance in neurotransmitters in some people too.
    Anyway, Glutamine will be permanently shelved in my case from now on.

MSM doesn't work for me either, but NAC does. They are both sulphur products, but NAC has the advantage of elevating levels of glutathione.
    I haven't seen many people comment on use of NAC here.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.