Thread: amazing way to manage rosacea!!!!!!!!!!

Default amazing way to manage rosacea!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I hit the jackpot. I decided that December would be the month that I would experiment with a bunch of treatments that I found on websites like this. The first thing that I tried was tea tree oil (I have subtype 1 and ocular also). I went to the store and didn't want to buy just a bottle of it, because I read that it can be strong. I bought some Desert Essence tea tree oil pads that have a lot of other ingredients like lavender I believe. Putting the pads on my face alone irritates it, so I decided that I would try aloe. I bought cheap aloe from walmart, but make sure that it is 100% and has no green dyes (the brand fruit of the earth is like $4). I am sure that real aloe would work better.

What I have been doing is putting the tea tree oil pads on my face, then I put the aloe on my face, and go to bed. I wake up with barely any redness at all. I went from 2 layers of high coverage foundation and concealer to barely needing to wear foundation, and I have only been doing this for 5 days.

I also noticed that when I wear jackets with high collars that are furry, my face turns red. I believe this is from the mites, so if anyone has suggestions with getting rid of those on clothing let me know.

Another thing that works for me is drinking green tea, with a little apple cider vinegar, and some honey to balance out the ACV. I definitely believe rosacea is partly from the mites and partly from your digestive tract, so I have been trying to eat better. Please let me know if you have tried anything like this and if it has worked for you!! Let me know if you have any suggestions on tea tree oil products also!

Default coconut oil

I also tried coconut oil for a few weeks before I tried this. It worked a little but there were no staying results throughout the day. It worked on my breakouts though!!!!!

I'm using Tea tree oil 100% together with argan oil 100%. I mix these together (20 tea tree/80 argan ratio)
    In the beginning it get worse, when you kill the mites. First my face got worse than ever, then it got better.

Took maybe 2-3 weeks before it went from worse to better.

I was trying the borax/hydrogen peroxide solution and it was good for about 2 weeks but now it seems to be very ineffective. I have gone back to tea tree oil even though it can be very harsh and burns when it seeps into your eyes, but I think the aloe with it might be a better solution. I'll try that tonight.

I buy an aloe vera gel that has tea tree oil mixed in with it. I've used it for years, e.g. after shaving my legs, or on my back as a preventative measure against spots. I occasionally use it on my face. I wouldn't say it's the most effective rosacea topical I've used (that would be Finacea) but it probably helps a little and, at any rate, it doesn't make things worse.