Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple Cider Vinegar

Default Apple Cider Vinegar

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I'm a bit desperate right now.

Around Thankgiving I started using acv (diluted) as a toner. It cleared up my rosacea, and my flare ups seemed to temper down. All of a sudden, after my heat was fixed, my rosacea returned with a vengeance. I'm not sure if it's due to the dry heat, the arctic air I've been shoveling in, a combination of both, or is it the acv? Maybe my skin is "purging"...even though cleared up initially. I have (rosacea?) pimples on my forehead - an area that's always been clear.

Should I stop using the vinegar, or plow through this phase?

I look horrible - my skin is getting increasingly worse each morning and I'm literally shaken by it.

I used to try to treat my acne with acv , doesn't help and actually just made everything worse. Remember you are dealing with something highly acidic. People with rosacea often have super sensitive skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Julianjett View Post
    I used to try to treat my acne with acv , doesn't help and actually just made everything worse. Remember you are dealing with something highly acidic. People with rosacea often have super sensitive skin.
    Thank you, Julian. I read some positive reviews about apple cinder vinegar and rosacea so I didn't think it would be an issue. Could acv be the cause of a sudden "break out"? At first I thought my skin was going through a purging stage, but now I'm not so sure.

I haven't tried ACV, but for what it's worth I'm inclined to stop what I'm doing if my skin is noticeably worsening. The things that have worked best have delivered some sort of improvement right from the start. Also, there are claims made for ACV in relation to almost any condition you can think of. It's a bit like coconut oil, and Vitamin D. I don't doubt they've helped many people with many ailments, and therefore may be worth a try, but they can't all be universal cures...

Quote Originally Posted by Carly1981 View Post
    Thank you, Julian. I read some positive reviews about apple cinder vinegar and rosacea so I didn't think it would be an issue. Could acv be the cause of a sudden "break out"? At first I thought my skin was going through a purging stage, but now I'm not so sure.
    Absolutely
    I have found that most of the time it's just best to leave your skin alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Callah View Post
    I haven't tried ACV, but for what it's worth I'm inclined to stop what I'm doing if my skin is noticeably worsening. The things that have worked best have delivered some sort of improvement right from the start. Also, there are claims made for ACV in relation to almost any condition you can think of. It's a bit like coconut oil, and Vitamin D. I don't doubt they've helped many people with many ailments, and therefore may be worth a try, but they can't all be universal cures...
    Thank you, Callah.
    What threw me was the fact that my skin actually seemed to improve during the first week I was using acv. However, I was outside shoveling for three days in bitterly cold conditions (without covering my face...because I thought wool to irritate my skin), I ran out of the moisturizer I'd been using for several months, and the heat was turned up - combined with acv, maybe it was just a perfect storm for angry skin.

Speaking of coconut oil, I started using it, sparingly, on my face...maybe that contributed to the break out, too. *ugh* Seriously, rosacea, go away! :p

Quote Originally Posted by Julianjett View Post
    Absolutely
    I have found that most of the time it's just best to leave your skin alone.
    Less is more with rosacea?
    Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm still trying to adjust to living with this condition. After a relatively smooth summer, I thought I'd found my stride. It baffles me that only two years ago I could run around outside during the winter without moisturizing, then come inside and drink red wine in front of a fireplace.

Now I'm jealous of people who can do those things.

I sympathise - winter is definitely worst for me, with the greater temperature change between indoor and out. And yes, I do think on the whole less is more when it comes to what you put on your face.

ACV is better for you when you drink it, as it eases your G.I. tract, which in many cases is the cause of your rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by Callah View Post
    I sympathise - winter is definitely worst for me, with the greater temperature change between indoor and out. And yes, I do think on the whole less is more when it comes to what you put on your face.
    So I guess diving into the Korean 16-step skin care regime would not be a good idea.
    I've been reading about double cleansing (washing with oil, followed by a gentle cream cleanser). Have you, or anyone else on the forum, tried this method?