Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleared up my type 1 Rosacea (flushing red nose)

I saw my derm who has sent this to a local compounding pharmacy. i'm expected to have it in about a week. i will post results here asap.

Just wanted to give a quick update to this thread. i saw my derm this past Tuesday and she called in the compound script same day and it was ready well within two days. it is not covered by insurance and it cost me $92 for 60 grams (2 oz). this might seem like a small amount but it's actually a lot given how much is needed and should easily last me several months as a little goes a long way. it came in what looks like a jumbo sized (wide) pill bottle. I put on my first application a couple of hours ago and will give it a few days prior to providing an update, unless it works before then of course. i have before photos and will post before and after if it improves.

Good luck! I pray that it gives you good results mate

I'm going to try as we need more people to test this out.
    I have a doc who can probably prescribe and a compounding lab.
    Ketamine 0.5% and Amitriptyline 1% - 1 and 1 ratio ...is there anything else to it? Like a base cream or something. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    Good luck! I pray that it gives you good results mate
    Thanks! The base is lipoderm cream. I don't believe there's any other ingredients aside from the three.

I'm going to try as we need more people to test this out.
    I have a doc who can probably prescribe and a compounding lab.
    Ketamine 0.5% and Amitriptyline 1% - 1 and 1 ratio ...is there anything else to it? Like a base cream or something. Thanks
    Hi raymond, John here from Ireland, I suffer with rosacea and I noticed my redness is becoming permanent,
    I suffer with type 1 rosacea, I would like to try this ointment that can be made up in a compound pharmacy, I definitely need a prescription from either my Gp or a dermatologist, or can I give the compound pharmacy they 3 ingredients to make up this product and I pay over the counter for it,
    Would like to try this before I consider shelling hundreds of Euros for laser treatment,
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Regards John.

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

Hi john I'm not sure. Hey bvokey Do you think a reg doctor could prescribe?
    I guess It depends on what country you are in and if they have any restrictions.
    I hope I can just get from normal gp with no prob.
    Now in that study it did say that some people It did not work but others it did.
    So I guess we can only try. I'm going to try for sure as I have perminent redness on my face as if it was
    Hyper pigmentation but very light pink. Never goes white!

Just adding some extra information for those interested. I contacted the individual who also used this substance on reddit and he said that he obtained it in the states at the cost of 45 U.S dollars for 25 grams from a compound pharmacy (not sure how much was covered by insurance if any). While not rosacea (he has Erythromelalgia ), he commented that he uses it about twice a week and that he has had no side effects.

Sounds good to me. im just hoping it might reduce perminent redness.(no broken caps or anything) but just the lingering red or blood under the skin. Hopefully it's due to inflammation. Other than that I'm trying bio flavournoids and non acid vitamin c to strengthen the blood walls! Only thing I can think of to get red of this dam red blotches.

Hi john I'm not sure. Hey bvokey Do you think a reg doctor could prescribe?
    I guess It depends on what country you are in and if they have any restrictions.
    I hope I can just get from normal gp with no prob.
    Now in that study it did say that some people It did not work but others it did.
    So I guess we can only try. I'm going to try for sure as I have perminent redness on my face as if it was
    Hyper pigmentation but very light pink. Never goes white!
    I'm sure your regular doctor could prescribe if you provide him/her with some articles regarding its effectiveness and safety. If your regular doctor has your history as to what you've tried and what hasn't work so far, all the more reason for the doctor to try something a bit more experimental.

To give a quick update, I have been using the compound cream 2x daily so far (started last Thursday evening, only four applications thus far), and I have no doubt that it is already helping my skin. I did however flush yesterday evening due to overheating in an enclosed arena (sporting event), however I feel it wasn't as bad as it normally would be. Aside from that, my face has been extremely calm. The only other times my face has been this calm and light is when coming out any type of surgery, as my face will be at its lightest then. Nothing I've tried over the last 13 years or so has helped so much in such a short time span. I would be shocked though if this completely eliminated the permanent color I've had over my cheeks during the last 13 years, but i suppose you never know. Even if it doesn't help any more than it already has, in my view it would be worth continuing. Also I haven't experienced any rebound. I also haven't been applying any moisturizer or sunscreen over it, the only thing I am using on my face is the cream. I will give further updates in the next few, hoping this continues to work.