Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Cleared up my type 1 Rosacea (flushing red nose)

Quote Originally Posted by RotheStyle View Post
    Just picked up this script from the compounding pharmacy.

.5% Ketamine / 1% Amitriptyline in Liboderm base

Emailed my GP about this ďsolutionĒ to rosacea. Picked up the prescription next day, took 2 days for compounding pharmacy to fill.

Cost: $45 US

JUST applied 1st time. Will update.

Pic of me before use:
    https://ibb.co/eBJJyy

Pic of the cream:
    https://ibb.co/eTa95d
    hope it helps you! I'm very curious to see how it works for you. What are your symptoms, if you mind me asking?

glad you seem to have an open-minded gp

Quote Originally Posted by Fiugs View Post
    I tried the same stuff, but only at 0.5%, which unfortunately didnít have any effect on me.

Howís it going for you, 10 days down the line?
    I only used it for 3 days.
    It makes me paler, definitely, but this makes my blotchy redness from papules more obvious.
    Then when it wears off, I feel redder than usual, but only slightly.
    I wouldn't say I experience a strong rebound phenomenon with this cream, like was reported with Mirvaso.
    Overall the net effect is not worthwhile for me.
    Plus the cream is pretty greasy and had no impact on papules.
    I'm now trialling Obagi retinol 1% to help with papules.
    It seems to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by type2rosaceaguy View Post
    I only used it for 3 days.
    It makes me paler, definitely, but this makes my blotchy redness from papules more obvious.
    Then when it wears off, I feel redder than usual, but only slightly.
    I wouldn't say I experience a strong rebound phenomenon with this cream, like was reported with Mirvaso.
    Overall the net effect is not worthwhile for me.
    Plus the cream is pretty greasy and had no impact on papules.
    I'm now trialling Obagi retinol 1% to help with papules.
    It seems to work well.
    Iím sorry it didnít work out for you. Itís so frustrating, isnít it, when we get our hopes up only to be dashed.

Iíve actually been trying retinol myself... the 2% Granactive retinoid by The Ordinary. If nothing else itís inexpensive. Itís way too early yet to expect results, but I will say that I get absolutely no irritation whatsoever with this - thatís their main selling point, that itís the new generation retinoid esther and will not irritate at all.

I donít really get Papules and pustules, just the odd spot and I donít expect that counts.... but I do flush easily when even just slightly warm.. ipl had helped a lot with that but I still have a ways to go. Iíve been told a few times that retinol will help strengthen my skin, so fingers crossed.... and the same for you... good luck.

Iím sorry it didnít work out for you. Itís so frustrating, isnít it, when we get our hopes up only to be dashed.

Iíve actually been trying retinol myself... the 2% Granactive retinoid by The Ordinary. If nothing else itís inexpensive. Itís way too early yet to expect results, but I will say that I get absolutely no irritation whatsoever with this - thatís their main selling point, that itís the new generation retinoid esther and will not irritate at all.

I donít really get Papules and pustules, just the odd spot and I donít expect that counts.... but I do flush easily when even just slightly warm.. ipl had helped a lot with that but I still have a ways to go. Iíve been told a few times that retinol will help strengthen my skin, so fingers crossed.... and the same for you... good luck.
    H Fiugs, Please can you let us know how you get on the granactive retinoid at a later date. I've been considering buying a few things from The Ordinary but can't decide which way to proceed. I'm glad to hear it's not irritating your skin! Cheers

Yes Fiugs I'd be interested too how the ordinary's retinoid works for you I would love to use a retinoid to thicken my skin a bit at some future point! But as a fellow flusher it's a tricky business as you know! take care + keep us posted

Lizzy

Hi Fiugs,

Have you ever tried Differin? One derm told me to use it on the closed comedies I get, but being that my skin is so sensitive, Iím a bit weary. Would ve interested in hearing if youíve ever used it. Also, Iíve heard retinoids thin the skin?

Hi all..

I sure will let folk know how things go with The Ordinary’s Granactive retinoid. I’ll probably create a new topic at some point, rather than let my update get lost in this current thread.

Sg321 - no, I haven’t tried Differin, firstly, because I wouldn’t choose to start off my retin-A journey with a prescription strength retinoid - I’d rather wait until my skin has done some low level training with a weaker version first....and secondly, unlike in the US, Differin is not available over the counter here in the UK. If I ever feel able to get promoted to Differin I might ask my derm or GP for a prescription though, but getting one would be dependent on whether or not they think it would help and my GP, frankly, is pretty ignorant about rosacea, and derms, in my 3-derm experience so far, all have their own pet theories and related treatments - and they seem reticent to think out of the boxes they’ve chosen to inhabit. I know there are more creative derms out there, but for now I’m happy working with what I’m currently trialling, which includes:
    - various cosmeceutical topics s
    - propranolol on prescription (currently 10mg 3 times daily, which feels too low to do much, so I’m still finding the dose that works)
    - low level naltrexone (early stages, but I’ll post later with my thoughts, if they’re worth anything to anyone)
    - sleeping ‘grounded’ (Google ‘Earthing’ to find out about this. I really want this to be effective, but my inner jury’s still out).

I believe that the idea that retin-A thins the skin is a myth. If you google, you’ll find lots of reliable info on that... It can disrupt the skin barrier, however, which is why it irritates so many people’s skin, especially folk with sensitive skin like rosaceans, which is why we’re advised to start gradually and only use every few days until we get more used to it.... Retin-A, over time actually thickens the skin by helping to build new collagen (which causes the anti-wrinkle effect) and stronger skin would obviously also be helpful to rosacea sufferers.
    Last edited by Fiugs; 16th May 2018 at 08:41 AM.

Hi all..

I sure will let folk know how things go with The Ordinaryís Granactive retinoid. Iíll probably create a new topic at some point, rather than let my update get lost in this current thread.

Sg321 - no, I havenít tried Differin, firstly, because I wouldnít choose to start off my retin-A journey with a prescription strength retinoid - Iíd rather wait until my skin has done some low level training with a weaker version first....and secondly, unlike in the US, Differin is not available over the counter here in the UK. If I ever feel able to get promoted to Differin I might ask my derm or GP for a prescription though, but getting one would be dependent on whether or not they think it would help and my GP, frankly, is pretty ignorant about rosacea, and derms, in my 3-derm experience so far, all have their own pet theories and related treatments - and they seem reticent to think out of the boxes theyíve chosen to inhabit. I know there are more creative derms out there, but for now Iím happy working with what Iím currently trialling, which includes:
    - various cosmeceutical topics s
    - propranolol on prescription (currently 10mg 3 times daily, which feels too low to do much, so Iím still finding the dose that works)
    - low level naltrexone (early stages, but Iíll post later with my thoughts, if theyíre worth anything to anyone)
    - sleeping Ďgroundedí (Google ĎEarthingí to find out about this. I really want this to be effective, but my inner juryís still out).

I believe that the idea that retin-A thins the skin is a myth. If you google, youíll find lots of reliable info on that... It can disrupt the skin barrier, however, which is why it irritates so many peopleís skin, especially folk with sensitive skin like rosaceans, which is why weíre advised to start gradually and only use every few days until we get more used to it.... Retin-A, over time actually thickens the skin by helping to build new collagen (which causes the anti-wrinkle effect) and stronger skin would obviously also be helpful to rosacea sufferers.
    Hey Fiugs - I'm also curious how you fare with the low dose naltrexone as well (and potential side effects). Thanks so much! Are you taking it for the burning?

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    Hey Fiugs - I'm also curious how you fare with the low dose naltrexone as well (and potential side effects). Thanks so much! Are you taking it for the burning?
    Hi ... I think it has helped with the face pain. I just started an LDN thread - https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...314#post343314

Take care....!