Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 251

Thread: Cleared up my type 1 Rosacea (flushing red nose)

  1. #201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Bonnie Scotland
    Posts
    162
    Country: Scotland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppe View Post
    What name is the ointment?
    Best you read the info on pg 1 Poppe. There is no brand name - it needs to be made by a compounding pharmacist

    All the best

  2. #202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    256

    Default

    ohh my bad. thanks

  3. #203
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    That's good bvokey. What else are doing apart from the ointment? Still DAO and msm?
    I don't want to get too far off topic and disrespect the nature of this thread related to the ketamine/amitriptyline compound, but yes taking 3-4x 1000mg msm daily, 2x 500mg vitamin c (fat soluble Esther, not the water soulable absorbic acid and not with any sort of rose hips or citrus additives as this stuff causes me to flush), propranolol, Vitamin d, and most importantly avoiding any and all dairy and sugar. Dairy is hidden in a ton of foods sometimes in the form of whey or dried milk, so I literally avoid everything that has any dairy and I limit sugar for the most part though I splurge on sugar once in a blue moon. Sugar once in a while, but I never cheat with dairy.

  4. #204
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    BVokey,

    Sounds like you have found a recipe for that is helpful for your condition.
    Congrats

    I have a lot of food triggers, but unfortunately they are ever changing, adding more to my list all the time, not sure what is going on, probably gut related.
    Am, and have been since June, no grains, no dairy, no sugar, no caffeine, no alcohol. 10 days now, low carb also.
    Are you finding the DAO supplement helpful? What dosage do you take? Can you eat histamine foods again?
    Yesterday, everything I ate, flushed me out: chicken, salmon, steak, broccoli and green beans was all I ate.

    Also, are you able to perform cardio exercise or any strenuous exercise without flushing since using the cream?
    This is a big trigger for me of late and very frustrating.

    I am seeing my GP tomorrow and will ask him for the cream. He is most supportive, so I do not see a problem.
    I already found a pharmacy locally that can compound it with any lotion I choose as my skin is very dry and sensitive.

    My issue is that I am currently using Soolantra, day 39 for my Type 1.
    If anything, my flushing is getting worse, so I am torn on what to do.

    Interestingly enough, I was at the physiatrist's office last week for f/u from my MVA.
    She prescribed a cream of 4% ketamide and 2% amitryptaline for constant right upper trapezius and neck pain which has been most helpful.
    It can be applied up to 4x/day and the pharmacist assured me even at that dose there were no systemic effects.
    So, for other fellow Canuks out there, it is available in Canada. I live near Vancouver.
    Thanks. I take the DAO supplement (hist-arrest 10k HDU per capsule) very sparingly because it's very expensive and is no longer being sold. I found it does help but high histamine foods still bother me regardless. If it helps, I can't tolerate green beans with my rosacea and red meat only in small amounts. Chicken fish broccoli are all fine and I eat broccoli every single day. Yes I can and do exercise and I am not flushing, I will get a small burst of redness while exercising but it will go away very quickly, so I wouldn't call it a flush. It used to be years ago even bending over to pick something off the ground would cause me to flush. Now exercise doesn't bother me at all. I don't think Soolantra will help you at all but I suppose maybe give it a full 12 weeks like I did to make sure. It didn't do a thing for me and I don't think it is going to help anyone with what we have specifically, maybe it helps the p&p aspect.

  5. #205
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    70
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BVokey View Post
    Thanks. I take the DAO supplement (hist-arrest 10k HDU per capsule) very sparingly because it's very expensive and is no longer being sold. I found it does help but high histamine foods still bother me regardless. If it helps, I can't tolerate green beans with my rosacea and red meat only in small amounts. Chicken fish broccoli are all fine and I eat broccoli every single day. Yes I can and do exercise and I am not flushing, I will get a small burst of redness while exercising but it will go away very quickly, so I wouldn't call it a flush. It used to be years ago even bending over to pick something off the ground would cause me to flush. Now exercise doesn't bother me at all. I don't think Soolantra will help you at all but I suppose maybe give it a full 12 weeks like I did to make sure. It didn't do a thing for me and I don't think it is going to help anyone with what we have specifically, maybe it helps the p&p aspect.
    Thank BVokey

    I ordered the Histame as the DOA supplement was $200USD for 200 count.
    I do not want to make such a large investment unless I know I can tolerate the supplement.
    Thanks for the tips on food triggers, I ate green beans and steak together, and bam, flush city!

    That is SO great than you can exercise again with the cream! That is my greatest loss with this condition.
    I also get a slight flush with brushing my teeth or tying my shoes, so this would be great!

    I am on the fence about Soolantra, but do not want to think "what if" if I do not go the whole 3 mos.
    Are you still applying twice/day? How long have been been using the compound now?
    That other chap reported that he was able to reduce to 2-3x/wk and his case was severe.

    I wonder if I could try it in the am and use the Soolantra at night?
    I know probably not a good idea, but I am so anxious to get on with my life and Spring is just around the corner.

    HTH and calm skin,
    Bluedog

  6. #206
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    70
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Are you still doing well BVokey with the compound?

    Are you using it 2x/day?

    Would love to know how you are getting on.

    Thx, Bluedog

  7. #207
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Are you still doing well BVokey with the compound?

    Are you using it 2x/day?

    Would love to know how you are getting on.

    Thx, Bluedog
    Still using 2x daily. It's going very well. I did not use it for one day over the recent weekend to see if it would matter, and my face was significantly more red that day. It's helpful for sure but it will not prevent me from a flush from food triggers. It does not eliminate my redness completely and I still have a way to go before I'm rosacea free.

  8. #208
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    64
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BVokey View Post
    I don't want to get too far off topic and disrespect the nature of this thread related to the ketamine/amitriptyline compound, but yes taking 3-4x 1000mg msm daily, 2x 500mg vitamin c (fat soluble Esther, not the water soulable absorbic acid and not with any sort of rose hips or citrus additives as this stuff causes me to flush), propranolol, Vitamin d, and most importantly avoiding any and all dairy and sugar. Dairy is hidden in a ton of foods sometimes in the form of whey or dried milk, so I literally avoid everything that has any dairy and I limit sugar for the most part though I splurge on sugar once in a blue moon. Sugar once in a while, but I never cheat with dairy.
    You are putting this ketamine ointment on your face , taking propranolol and taking a range of supplements on top of that .

  9. #209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    380
    Country: Bahamas

    Default

    I still have another x2 weeks before my derm appointment to get.
    Were you taking the propranolol at the same time as the ointment from the beginning?

  10. #210
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    dubai
    Posts
    130
    Country: United Arab Emirates

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BVokey View Post
    Still using 2x daily. It's going very well. I did not use it for one day over the recent weekend to see if it would matter, and my face was significantly more red that day. It's helpful for sure but it will not prevent me from a flush from food triggers. It does not eliminate my redness completely and I still have a way to go before I'm rosacea free.
    ketamine inj was given to my cat before neutering and it one of the most misused drug with severe complications its used by people for generating hallucinations or it is also used as a rape drug . its not somethimg u can overuse it . it took my cat 4 days to recover from that drug and its banned here u only get it with special permission . just be carefull u dont want to mess with ur head with that drug as ketmaine cream is absorbed by 5% through skin it can still hv some effect

Similar Threads

  1. New Here: Red nose- not sure if it's rosacea or not and need some help/feedback
    By freeme3 in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 6th October 2011, 04:53 AM
  2. Burning nose: Early Rosacea symptom, or Neuropathic type??
    By AuntieJenny in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 9th August 2011, 02:07 PM
  3. PLS help - red nose, possibly Rosacea?
    By K0B3 in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th February 2011, 03:41 AM
  4. seb derm and flushing/burning from alchool and other rosacea type triggers
    By dryfairskin in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th January 2011, 06:29 PM
  5. Nose flushing and red. Rosacea?
    By Kristi in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26th November 2010, 10:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •