Thread: Probiotics Have Made a HUGE Difference

Default Probiotics Have Made a HUGE Difference

I've finally found something that works better than any topical ever has. A few weeks ago I decided to research and give probiotics a go. I've probably tried over 20 topicals over the years, but still had seb derm. If anything, it was now worse than ever. So I thought that maybe this is a gut issue, which is something that I had never tried healing before. I also have MF on my trunk. This makes me think that my issues are probably systematic so my gut is to blame.

My gut could have been damaged during university when I ate very poorly, but could get away with it due to having a high metabolism. Or it could be that time I got gastroenteritis from a dodgy takeaway a number of years ago. I really don't know the cause.

I spent awhile researching probiotics and narrowed it down to two choices: Elixa and VLS#3. I went for Elixa because it has 500 billion CFU per serving compared to 450 billion, and 12 strains compared to 8.

So far I have taken almost 3 courses (9 trillion CFUs). Each course is six days longs. After the first course I was devastated. Day 6 and my skin was a mess with more flaking than ever. I kept with it though and it was on about day 12 that I saw a noticeable difference, particularly in regards to redness. My trunk has also significantly improved, but considering how widespread it originally was it may take a bit of time to heal.

I will definitely try at least one more course and perhaps even one after that to make it 30 continuous days of taking probiotics. The real test will come when I stop taking them altogether, but you're meant to take another single course every few weeks or couple of months just to keep things in check. It doesn't come cheap either. A course is 25, so I don't want to be spending 125 a month continuously buying it.

Has anyone else ever had such good results from taking high strength probiotics?

Talking My Rosacea is gone!

After 20 years, my Rosacea has disappeared!
    Sounds odd, and I'm not sure what made it go away, but I got cancer and changed all my eating habits, started juicing, cut out meat, dairy, wheat, processed foods and anything that wasn't organic. I also started taking supplements like activated charcoal, probiotics and oregano oil. One of these things or all of these things made my Rosacea disappear. I no longer take either my oral or my topical medicine. My skin is clear for the first time in 20 years. And yes, it was Rosacea, my mother suffered from it too.
    So who knows if it was the pro-biotics or not, but taking anti-biotics for 20 years could not have been good for me. I look significantly younger and feel much better. Oh, and the cancer is gone too

Quote Originally Posted by MayaS View Post
    After 20 years, my Rosacea has disappeared!
    Sounds odd, and I'm not sure what made it go away, but I got cancer and changed all my eating habits, started juicing, cut out meat, dairy, wheat, processed foods and anything that wasn't organic. I also started taking supplements like activated charcoal, probiotics and oregano oil. One of these things or all of these things made my Rosacea disappear. I no longer take either my oral or my topical medicine. My skin is clear for the first time in 20 years. And yes, it was Rosacea, my mother suffered from it too.
    So who knows if it was the pro-biotics or not, but taking anti-biotics for 20 years could not have been good for me. I look significantly younger and feel much better. Oh, and the cancer is gone too
    Yes, as so many point out there is a link between diet, gut issues and Rosacea. Congrats on beating your cancer! I also wanted to mention, I have observed that the half life of junk food from mouth to face appears to be about three days. Much like the incubation period for a cold lol. I fell off the wagon with wanting a sweet and had some karob candy. I reacted just as to chocolate. Four little spots on my face three days later. It is fall now, so my seratonin gets low and I crave chocolate or licorice. Sometimes I just cave. I pay in the end though.