Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Seeking advice from subtype 1 flushers who have had IPL or Laser

I'm a flusher who has has PDL. I actually had to have PDL because I was given an inaapropriate treatment for flushing (Mirvaso) which burnt my skin and made me red at baseline.

PDL has been putting my baseline back to how it was pre-Mirvaso and seems to have helped with flushing a little.

I should add, though, that I was always going to give PDL a go for my flushing zones even before Mirvaso was suggested.

The fact that I've been having laser is because the Mirvaso side effects were so bad that I had to go for it anyway. I was pushed before I could take the leap on my own.

But I seemed to get much of my flushing under control with SSRIs, Propranolol and a change of diet - and no alcohol.

I had a test zap for PDL in 2017. On my cheek. Cold weather, warm rooms, certain foods - which normally cause me to flush - no longer caused reddening of the skin that had undergone the test zap.

This was good!

While the rest of my face would be flushing quite a bit (due in part ot Mirvaso rebounds) this perfect little circle of normal skin tone where the laser had zapped me was quite apparent.

So more of the same, I decided.

I had my nose treated, which responded well.

In April 2018 I had my cheeks, temples, sideburns and moustache area treated.

In July 2018 I had the same as above once again, to get at the areas that laser missed.

I've still little bits of redness showing but the important thing is that I no longer flush the way I used to. I think it is down to a little bit of everything rather than one particular thing.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    I'm a flusher who has has PDL. I actually had to have PDL because I was given an inaapropriate treatment for flushing (Mirvaso) which burnt my skin and made me red at baseline.

PDL has been putting my baseline back to how it was pre-Mirvaso and seems to have helped with flushing a little.

I should add, though, that I was always going to give PDL a go for my flushing zones even before Mirvaso was suggested.

The fact that I've been having laser is because the Mirvaso side effects were so bad that I had to go for it anyway. I was pushed before I could take the leap on my own.

But I seemed to get much of my flushing under control with SSRIs, Propranolol and a change of diet - and no alcohol.

I had a test zap for PDL in 2017. On my cheek. Cold weather, warm rooms, certain foods - which normally cause me to flush - no longer caused reddening of the skin that had undergone the test zap.

This was good!

While the rest of my face would be flushing quite a bit (due in part ot Mirvaso rebounds) this perfect little circle of normal skin tone where the laser had zapped me was quite apparent.

So more of the same, I decided.

I had my nose treated, which responded well.

In April 2018 I had my cheeks, temples, sideburns and moustache area treated.

In July 2018 I had the same as above once again, to get at the areas that laser missed.

I've still little bits of redness showing but the important thing is that I no longer flush the way I used to. I think it is down to a little bit of everything rather than one particular thing.
    It's so wonderful that you're receiving such great results with PDL. Congratulations!

My baseline redness was worsened by Mirvaso as well, permanently--that is, until I had all these IPLs.

I honestly don't think Mirvaso is an appropriate treatment for anyone. Period. If someone were to ask me which is riskier, laser or Mirvaso? I would say Mirvaso, hands down. I know some people on here would disagree with me on that statement, but that is just my feeling.

Wishing you continued success, Darren!