Thread: It's been a while, I guess I can call this an update

Default It's been a while, I guess I can call this an update

Hi everyone, I joined this forum in 2013, wow I can't believe it's been 3 years already. I haven't made a post in a long time and had a bad flare up with my skin tonight so decided to log on. I'm not sure where to begin, so I woke up one morning in 9th grade of high school (I am now a freshmen in college) and my skin was burning. Nothing looked different besides this sensation of burning in my cheeks. The next day my skin was blotchy red all over. After a couple weeks, I noticed flakes and dryness on my skin. I got flakes in my eyebrows badly, on my chin, on my cheeks and on the sides of my nose. I went to many dermatologists and I didn't meet one that actually helped me. They gave me creams after creams and none of them worked. The first cream I was given was a steroid cream. I didn't know how bad they were for my skin until this forum. This forum in a way did save me. I finally didn't feel alone anymore, I had people who understood, people to talk to and ask for help. Fast forward to 10th grade, I left my high school and started online school because I couldn't get out of bed in the morning. I'll never forget this day when I was crying in the hall walking to the bathroom because my face was bright red and burning. Two older guys walked past me and laughed, I hear them whisper about how ugly my skin was and it made me hate myself even more. I was suicidal, very insecure, developed an eating disorder and just suffering with depression and anxiety. Honestly, I thought I was going to die alone because of how ugly I felt every single day. It was exhausting and still is today. During 10th grade, I met a girl on here named Sammy. We talked everyday and she became one of my closest friends. I was stuck in my room, I could never go outside because of how embarrassed I was of my skin and how badly the sun burned it. She knew exactly what I was going through and that helped me more than anything. During 10th grade, I also met my boyfriend. We are still together and it's been about 2 and half years. He has seen me go through hell and back and has been there for me every step of the way. I never thought that anyone would ever find my attractive let alone want to be with me. I went back to school in 11th grade and graduated with my boyfriend and friends a year later. I even went to Disney in Florida for my 18th birthday. It was my senior trip and something I never thought I would be able to do. Back to my skin, I have tried so many products I can't even name them all. I still use some products today that have been helping for some time now but I've never had a product amaze me with results. I've tried just about EVERYTHING for my skin. I was drinking bone broth every single day and that didn't even help. I went two years just drinking water and no changes. So my skin today, I do wear make up now. I started about a year ago I just wanted to feel more confident about my skin. I don't wear much because I still need to correctly learn how to apply makeup but I'm glad to say I stopped letting my skin control my life. I'm in college now, I've gained friends and experienced many new things in the past two years. But, rosacea and seb derm are always there to remind me how ugly I feel. My friends and my boyfriend don't see what I see when I look in the mirror. I don't know, I just feel mentally exhausted from being obsessed with my skin. I'm tired of permanent redness, flakes, dryness, big pores, pimples, blackheads, very dark circles and wrinkles. I'M ONLY 18, I would do anything for clear normal skin. I'm thinking about trying this line of products from Renee Rouleau. It looks like they have some good calming products for rosacea but it's pricey so I'll have to save up for it. My skin has improved in the past year but hasn't improved yet to the point where I'm actually comfortable with myself. I still have seb derm but not as bad, mostly on my forehead and on the sides of my nose. I think my skin is very scaly looking and I just think it's very easy to tell that my skin isn't normal. I don't really have flares anymore unless I have really bad anxiety or am very stressed. Right before my period I'll have flares and breakouts. I usually have small bumps on my face sometimes I'll get a big pimples but not often. If anyone remembers me feel free to comment or message me or if anyone has any questions. Oh, I never found out what randomly caused this rosacea and seb derm. Rosacea doesn't run in my family on my mom's side not sure about my dad's family. I use to research nonstop about skin and skin disorders. I was convinced I had many different diseases and which caused this to happen but I was just dying for an answer to what caused this.
    Last edited by redfacegirl; 7th October 2016 at 04:32 AM.

I've been lurking around this forum for only a week or so. Would like to see if you have any updates for us after a year of this post.

I hope things are looking up for ya!

While the member statistics are impressive here (Members 35,673) there are only actually 395 active members.

If redfacegirl (109 posts) replies to the thread she started it would be unusual. It was actually over two years between her post in this thread and her post before this one.

The rosaceans come and go talking of their woes.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi