Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best make up?

Default Best make up?

Does anyone know a good make up to use that is not irritating to the skin? I tried Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, and I like it, but it doesn't really cover my redness. I mainly would want to use it on my nose where it's the worst. I have very sensitive skin. I also need to be able to use my metrocream, sulfacetamide, and moisturizer under it, unless it happens to be a make up that is very moisturizing.

Jane iredale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also try Vichy Dermablend, the smooth liquid camo one is the one suggest for Rosacea. But they have other options as well.
    For a full coverage, you can try MAC Studio Fix Fluid. I don't use this one every day, It has a really good coverage but for some people is heavy,

If you would like that your foundation last longer you can finish it up with a translucid loose powder.

I recommend mineral cosmetics from Tikei:

The mint concealer covers redness pretty well. After applie concealer i put on some foundation to normalize the skin tone.

http://www.tikei.se

//

Rasmus

I find mineral make up very itchy when you get hot. Clinique oil free foundation followed by loose powder works best for me. I would also avoid all the green tones they recommend for Rosacea, its not a natural look, go with yellow tones.

When I started using Soolantra the skin on my nose became a lot less dry/flaky and itchy (it generally does better in clinical trials for rosacea compared to metrocream). I suspect that using just Soolantra on your nose will improve the texture, so that you then have a better base to apply the make up. Soolantra is very moisturising to the skin and you may find it reduces the sensitivity a little on the nose (it does for me).
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 20th November 2016 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moonfire241 View Post
    Does anyone know a good make up to use that is not irritating to the skin? I tried Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, and I like it, but it doesn't really cover my redness. I mainly would want to use it on my nose where it's the worst. I have very sensitive skin. I also need to be able to use my metrocream, sulfacetamide, and moisturizer under it, unless it happens to be a make up that is very moisturizing.
    You do NOT want to cover your redness up. Really.
    You want to decrease visibility of redness but please never cover it fully as it is being seen from miles.
    Best make up is natural make up - no one, I repeat - no one has perfect skin. You have to leave some kind of inperfections to look natural, epecially when one is a man.

I never cover it fully, maybe 50% of my redness base. Under it you still see some kind of "pinkness" but I look natural and through years nobody suspected anything.

Default concealer / makeup / sunscreen

I use glo-minerals camouflage oil-free concealer in "golden," which has a yellow base. I am very break-out prone, so this is the only concealer I can use. I've found that if I dab it lightly with my fingertip, it applies best, then I follow it with CG oil-control loose powder in the lightest shade, just to set it. I am looking for another powder to try, but this seems to work okay. Doesn't break me out or seem to cause irritation. I also start with Keys Solar 30 SPF zinc only, which seems to also help a bit.

The trick for me is to apply powder-type blush in other non-red areas to make the redness less apparent; I've found this to be the best approach since it's difficult really neutralize all the redness.

Thumbs up Matte

I found using Matte from Walmart is very helpful. It's thick and covers redness well. The best part is it's only 5 bucks!

Default use a beauty blender

My biggest problem is redness (my nose and apples of cheeks are pinkish all the time + random flushing).
    I am very into makeup and like both full coverage and minimal coverage depending on my mood. I use several brands, revlon colorstay, MAC face & body, MUFE HD, No7 bb cream – all liquids (mineral foundations don't work for me). I think the key is the way you apply. I use a beauty blender to build up and "push" the foundation in, instead of spreading it around. It's gentler and gives more coverage. When I get a flare up, I use oil blotting sheets and then re-apply a bit of foundation over the redness.