Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best make up?

Quote Originally Posted by hud_besatt View Post
    My biggest problem is redness (my nose and apples of cheeks are pinkish all the time + random flushing).
    I am very into makeup and like both full coverage and minimal coverage depending on my mood. I use several brands, revlon colorstay, MAC face & body, MUFE HD, No7 bb cream all liquids (mineral foundations don't work for me). I think the key is the way you apply. I use a beauty blender to build up and "push" the foundation in, instead of spreading it around. It's gentler and gives more coverage. When I get a flare up, I use oil blotting sheets and then re-apply a bit of foundation over the redness.
    I understand that what I'm about to type here might not be a popular response or even feel viable for some folks... but ultimately, I found that giving up make-up all together made my skin a lot healthier and far less reactive. Now, I will confess that on most days my redness isn't bad at all, and I currently suffer from few, if any, PNPs the majority of the time. Changing my diet, avoiding my environmental triggers, and being super gentle to my skin (and to myself in general) has created a very positive impact. I also like that one of the folks commenting above mentioned that no one has perfect skin. It's very true and understanding that can help us accept what we deem to be our own imperfections.

If you do not mind me asking, what is your gentle skin care routine?
    I, like you have found my skin is better without makeup as it can breathe and do its thing, eventhough it is far from perfect.
    Thanks, Bluedog

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I, like you have found my skin is better without makeup as it can breathe and do its thing, eventhough it is far from perfect.
    Thanks, Bluedog
    Sure. It's incredibly simple... I wash twice a day with raw honey and then moisturize 3-4 times per day with 100% pure, organic aloe vera gel. Done. My skin is very happy with it. I also use the aloe as my light hair gel, so the hair touching my face doesn't disrupt my skin's balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Thanks, Bluedog
    Oh, and I should also mention I do red light therapy twice a day, morning and evening, after I wash. I'm currently doing it for a little longer than I was when I first started, as my rosacea seems to actually be the neurogenic variety (so I look like a blend of subtype 1 and 2 with nerve pain/involvement). 7.5 minutes per session really keeps me humming along nicely... and, of course, I avoid my dietary and environmental triggers as best I can. I'm not currently on a prescription, and I'm grateful I don't need one at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by JennAdeleK View Post
    Sure. It's incredibly simple... I wash twice a day with raw honey and then moisturize 3-4 times per day with 100% pure, organic aloe vera gel. Done. My skin is very happy with it. I also use the aloe as my light hair gel, so the hair touching my face doesn't disrupt my skin's balance.
    which brand of aloe vera gel you apply?

Quote Originally Posted by asm View Post
    which brand of aloe vera gel you apply?
    I use Mountain Rose Herbs aloe vera gel. It's got a great balance and they only use a small amount of natural preservative to make it shelf stable:

https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/pr...ra-gel/profile

If you are in any way worried about the bit of preservative in there, patch test it first. But, I will tell you, I have suuuuuuper sensitive skin, and it has never given me any trouble. However, if it were new to me, I'd still definitely patch test it. Better to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JennAdeleK View Post
    I use Mountain Rose Herbs aloe vera gel. It's got a great balance and they only use a small amount of natural preservative to make it shelf stable:

https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/pr...ra-gel/profile

If you are in any way worried about the bit of preservative in there, patch test it first. But, I will tell you, I have suuuuuuper sensitive skin, and it has never given me any trouble. However, if it were new to me, I'd still definitely patch test it. Better to be sure.
    well,it is about a week that i start using earth's daughter aloe vera gel on my skin but it turn all my face red ,after 4 hours its start to cool down, and next day my skin is dry with a flaky skin . i used to put pure aloe directly from the plant and it cool my face. i purchase this brand because it is said 99.75 pure and organic ,it has as ingredient Aloe Barbadensis,Citric Acid ,Ascorbic Acid,Potassium Sorbate,Xanthan . it seems that they are same us this brand too. thes ingredients are they rocasea triggers?

Quote Originally Posted by asm View Post
    well,it is about a week that i start using earth's daughter aloe vera gel on my skin but it turn all my face red ,after 4 hours its start to cool down, and next day my skin is dry with a flaky skin . i used to put pure aloe directly from the plant and it cool my face. i purchase this brand because it is said 99.75 pure and organic ,it has as ingredient Aloe Barbadensis,Citric Acid ,Ascorbic Acid,Potassium Sorbate,Xanthan . it seems that they are same us this brand too. thes ingredients are they rocasea triggers?
    From what I understand, anything has the potential to be a rosacea trigger for someone. It is a very individual thing... That is why I always recommend patch testing anything new.

Default Jane Iredal mineral make up

Hi, I use Jane Iredale mineral loose powder make up. It's so far the only foundation/powder I can tolerate. It also has spf which is an added benefit!