Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vbeam Sucess

Talking Vbeam Sucess

Hi! this is my first post after years of obsessing over peoples stories of success and failures with lasers and other treatments...
    I want to share my experience with Vbeam laser thus far, for those considering the treatment!

To begin with my issue if KPRF with flushing, on both cheeks, but my left side s far worse than the right. Its genetic in my family to have redness in the cheeks however i think i aggravated mine to the point of it becoming severely uncomfortable by using products and scrubs with lots of acid when i was trying to combat hormonal breakouts. Nothing seemed to help and it seemed to me to be slowly getting worse. I went to see one of the most highly regarded Derms in Sydney AUS. She recommended the candela Vbeam. She was honest, and told me it makes a lot of treatments to see results and the downtime is crappy. It also hurts quite a bit but a good doctor will be mindful and take their time.

I've had three treatments that leave me with patchy dark bruising and swelling. the first couple of days after treatment are pretty ****, i try not to line it up with the weekend so i can stay in. Sunscreen is a must. after 2-3 days i can cover it well enough to get on with my life. after 2 weeks things are almost back to normal. after 2 months i do it again. I've had 3
    I want to share my positive experience.

so far I've seen a good improvement in baseline redness AND flushing. still a few more treatments to go before i think ill be completely happy with my results.

I still have flushes in the middle of the night and i dont know whats causing this? (any suggestions?)

It's expensive where i go to have the treatment ($600 each time, with a bit back on medicare) but to be honest im happy to pay the big bucks when it come to putting lasers near my face and i think the results speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by clairebare View Post
    Hi! this is my first post after years of obsessing over peoples stories of success and failures with lasers and other treatments...
    I want to share my experience with Vbeam laser thus far, for those considering the treatment!

To begin with my issue if KPRF with flushing, on both cheeks, but my left side s far worse than the right. Its genetic in my family to have redness in the cheeks however i think i aggravated mine to the point of it becoming severely uncomfortable by using products and scrubs with lots of acid when i was trying to combat hormonal breakouts. Nothing seemed to help and it seemed to me to be slowly getting worse. I went to see one of the most highly regarded Derms in Sydney AUS. She recommended the candela Vbeam. She was honest, and told me it makes a lot of treatments to see results and the downtime is crappy. It also hurts quite a bit but a good doctor will be mindful and take their time.

I've had three treatments that leave me with patchy dark bruising and swelling. the first couple of days after treatment are pretty ****, i try not to line it up with the weekend so i can stay in. Sunscreen is a must. after 2-3 days i can cover it well enough to get on with my life. after 2 weeks things are almost back to normal. after 2 months i do it again. I've had 3

so far I've seen a good improvement in baseline redness AND flushing. still a few more treatments to go before i think ill be completely happy with my results.

I still have flushes in the middle of the night and i dont know whats causing this? (any suggestions?)

It's expensive where i go to have the treatment ($600 each time, with a bit back on medicare) but to be honest im happy to pay the big bucks when it come to putting lasers near my face and i think the results speak for themselves.
    Hey, could you share which settings you used for the Vbeams , and also in percentage terms what you would assess your reduction in redness to have been?

Quote Originally Posted by Oschene23 View Post
    Hey, could you share which settings you used for the Vbeams , and also in percentage terms what you would assess your reduction in redness to have been?
    I'm so sorry but I don't know the settings...I will ask at my next appointment. I do know they were high enough to cause deep purple spots. I think the bruising has helped with results actually, in my experience i think the areas that bruise most have responded best.

It's very hard to put my results in to percentages, because its been a slow process. but if i remember what things were like at their worst and what theyre like now, i think i'd say the baseline redness has improved 40% when I'm totally cool and flush free i almost look normal!

flushing is differnt. id say i flush 50% less than i used to..although when i do its still quite bad. some patches of white are begining to show through. I find i only really flush from environmental factors now, i no longer have those random burning flushes that come out of nowhere for seemingly no reason.

if i had to score how much more confident i am about my skin now i'd say 50%! I will now leave the house without makeup on good days. I still want to have more treatments though, in fact im looking forward to getting it done again!

Hi Claire,

Congrats on the success with your vbeam treatment! Just wondering what dermatologist you went to see for it? I live in Sydney too and have booked a laser treatment at with northern Sydney dermatology for January next year. Seems like good place from what I have seen but still not 100% decided whether to go through with it or not

Show proof? (Your photos? Before and after).
    I have KPRF and I had 9 vBEAM treatments, zero effects.

I had a short pulse. long pulse. mix long and short pulse. etc. Waste of money!

Congratulations Clairebare,
    I also have longterm success from vbeam laser treatments. There was a time I could not have a minute of peace from this condition kprf. Now my skin looks normal again and I'm mostly symptom free so it has no impact on my life anymore.
    I believe laser treatment is the only solution on the market. People who say it doesn't work probably didn't find the right device with the right settings yet or they are just too impatient.

Pfffff....

Quote Originally Posted by clairebare View Post

Hi Clairebare,

Congrats on your success with v beam. Would you be willing to give out the name of your doctor? I have a friend from a facebook support group who lives in Australia and is having vbeams but is not getting the results she wants. I think that your doctor could be a good choice for her. My friend lives in the Sydney area.

Thumbs down

Vbeam does not work! Of someone he (vbeam) worked it really did not have a real Rosacea or KPRF !!
    Let someone will show pictures as proof! before and after!

I really wish some of these posters with big v-beam success stories would post settings.