Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I need your help please. I have posted pictures. Could it be Demodectic Rosacea?

Uh-oh!

I woke up this morning with dandruff-like scales form on the eyelashes. Can it be that the mites migrated to my eyes? It's the only area I haven't been treating.

Quote Originally Posted by atlas222 View Post
    Uh-oh!

I woke up this morning with dandruff-like scales form on the eyelashes. Can it be that the mites migrated to my eyes? It's the only area I haven't been treating.
    I'm having so much eye trouble, too, so I feel you. I just started an antibiotic treatment for blepharitis which has been in my fridge for about a year (from last years blepharitis treatment) (this all points to demodex, in my opinion). If this does not work then my next option will be some terpinen-4-ol mixture, which I think might help you too, Atlas.

Read more about it here:
    https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...nen-4-ol/page2

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    I'm having so much eye trouble, too, so I feel you. I just started an antibiotic treatment for blepharitis which has been in my fridge for about a year (from last years blepharitis treatment) (this all points to demodex, in my opinion). If this does not work then my next option will be some terpinen-4-ol mixture, which I think might help you too, Atlas.

Read more about it here:
    https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...nen-4-ol/page2
    Unfortunately it is super expensive to ship terpinen-4-ol to Europe from the provider on ebay.

Nice post by Tom Busby here:
    https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...due-to-Demodex

This seems to be exactly what I have. Maybe it resonates with you too, Atlas. I've started a full on nuking of the demodex using Soolantra on lid at night, Metronidazole on lid at day, and Chloramfenicol 4 times a day. Tom also suggests piroctone olamine. I tried that today since his cream contains it, but got some in my eye, and burns like a mother...

Hi rednessator,

I've been spraying my eyes with a mixture of Terpinen-4-ol and water (I'm lucky enough to have a friend who lives in the US, so I had it shipped to her place back in December, and had her send it to Europe for less than 10 bucks). I also apply a 50/50 mixture of NuStock and lotion on my entire body to prevent migration. So far, so good. Best of luck with your treatment!

Quick update : I have found a dermatologist in Luxembourg who uses the Standardized skin surface biopsy (SSSB) method for measuring the density of mites. Since I have employed a significant number of weapons to eradicate the demodex in the last few months, he suggested that the test results (5 mites/cm) were inconclusive. However, based on what he saw/the look of my face/my symptoms/previous medical reports, he is 95% sure that I have chronic demodicosis. He added that I MIGHT also have seb derm and that my skin is strikingly oily. He prescribed Soolantra but since the lesions on my face have just started to get better thanks to the pour-on ivermectin, I may continue with that and see what happens.

On a bright note, I have just found a job in the French Alps and will now be covered by social security. As I will begin to see some degree of stability return to my life, it may be a good idea to find a qualified dermatologist and benefit from sustained medical care.

Hi rednessator,

I've been spraying my eyes with a mixture of Terpinen-4-ol and water (I'm lucky enough to have a friend who lives in the US, so I had it shipped to her place back in December, and had her send it to Europe for less than 10 bucks). I also apply a 50/50 mixture of NuStock and lotion on my entire body to prevent migration. So far, so good. Best of luck with your treatment!
    I just read the whole thread again now and I saw that you already was on t4o, as you say, sorry about that :-)

I started topical (injectable) ivermectin on my scalp yesterday, 2ml, so 20mg ivermectin, do you think that is too much? Full on stomach issues today...

Hello,

Can the stomach issues be related to what you ate yesterday?

The Stromectol (oral) dosage is 200 mcg of ivermectin per kg of body weight.

For example, if your weight is 60 kg:
    60 x 0.2 = 12mg

There are no guidelines or recommendations for human use of Ivermectin (injectable, pour-on or horse paste) as these products are designed for animals. If you experience uncomfortable side effects, please discontinue use and try Soolantra instead.

Hello,

Can the stomach issues be related to what you ate yesterday?

The Stromectol (oral) dosage is 200 mcg of ivermectin per kg of body weight.

For example, if your weight is 60 kg:
    60 x 0.2 = 12mg

There are no guidelines or recommendations for human use of Ivermectin (injectable, pour-on or horse paste) as these products are designed for animals. If you experience uncomfortable side effects, please discontinue use and try Soolantra instead.
    Yes, maybe related to what I ate. In this article https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24171301 (you linked to it before, thanks for that) dosage was 400 microg/kg applied topically. Appears people react very differently to Stromectol, so makes sense that people would react differently to topical ivermectin as well. I've used Soolantra on my whole face for 16 days now (6 months on nose with great success) with major differences seen in my perioral rash, but I thought it would be better to have a liquid for the scalp.

I'm glad your lesions has decresed, hope the Soolantra works its wonders for you as well! But since the pour-on works for you, maybe you can mix it up

Small update : I have now been using the ivermectin pour on for about a month (I apply it every two to three days). My face was clear after two weeks of using it, but now it's starting to be covered with messy pustules again. I have noticed that my scalp looks clean and isn't itchy at all, yet my skin has been very oily. I have stopped using the Cerave PM lotion because it made my skin very greasy. I only wash my face with hot water but that does not seem to be helping either. I have ordered a 5% sulfur soap to see if that helps. There has been no improvement on the overall redness of my face. I will continue the treatment for a few more months and update this thread as I go on.