Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I need your help please. I have posted pictures. Could it be Demodectic Rosacea?

Not necessarily,they are resilient, have a long cycle of life, live deep inside the skin (which means the topicals can't reach them all) and their eggs can't be killed.

There has been no improvement since I started using TTO. There is no rash at this stage, but I have irritated skin and large, sometimes painful, pustules on my face. They seem to appear not just around my mouth, but sometimes also randomly on the forehead or on the cheeks.

Since there is no rash and just whiteheads at this point you could try Benzoyl Peroxide followed by a moisturizer like Cerave PM.

Atlas222, your last picture is much better than the first ones, which product improved the condition of your skin?

MariaSt,
    I have used permethrin 5% (one application per week) as well as 5% sulfur cream (daily) for almost two months. I think I had a bad reaction to the permethrin at the time I posted the first pictures so it may not be a valid indicator that my condition has improved.

Hello again,

I have another question. When the rash and facial eruptions first appeared last year, I foolishly continued using sunscreen and tinted moisturizer to protect my skin against the sun and to cover redness on my face. I noticed that these products would always make things worse. Do we know whether mites feed on creams and makeup, and whether this can result in pustules? Similarly, is there any explanation for pustular eruptions occurring after having applied antidemodex solutions? Are pustules are indicator that the mites have died or that they are feeding on the skin cells? I have not found any study on the subject. Thank you.

Demodex feeds on oils, therefore oily creams and makeups feed it and it can result in pustules. If you want to use makeups, prefer the mineral ones.
    After applying antidemodex products, demodex dies and decays in the skin, releasing other bacteria (bacillus oleronium) , which cause topical inflammation. https://rosacea-support.org/a-papule...d-demodex.html

Hi Atlas.
    Stop irritating your skin. If there is a problem with bateria or fungi then go after it the gentlest way possible. And that way is to use Microcyn wound spray. This stuff kills almost everything in seconds on your skin but it's as gentle as water. Zero irritation. Zero contact allergy. Zero occlusion. These are the keys to treating papulopustular eruptions that are not Demodex related. Good luck.

Hi MariaSt,

Thanks for the article.
    I have noticed that my skin is quite red and irritated at the moment, perhaps it is a reaction to the release of bacteria that you mentioned. Do people normally use anti histamines along with topical treatment for demodex?

Tea tree may be too strong for my skin.
    You mentioned ivermectin cream as an alternative to permethrin in one of your earlier posts. I read on the forum that some people have been quite happy with Soolantra but I am reluctant to try it as 1/ it is expensive 2/ it contains dimethicone as well as other stuff that I would rather not put on my skin. I know there is no generic cream of Soolantra but there is an animal paste available : https://www.amazon.com/Ivermectin-Pa...p_mb_bdcrb_top

Perhaps that could be worth trying if I feel that I have run out of options.

Some people use antihistamines, but antihistamines cause sleepiness.
    Tea tree oil feels strong only in the beginning, after a couple of days the skin adapts. You shouldn't use more than 50% concentration anyway.
    The horse ivermectin paste contains 1,87% ivermectin, which is more than the 1% of ivermectin in Soolantra, I can't predict how (un)safe it might be. Try to read the whole thread, if you haven't done so till now https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...2913-Soolantra
    and also look at this thread http://irosacea.org/members/forums/t...brady-barrows/.