Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need your help please. I have posted pictures. Could it be Demodectic Rosacea?

Hi Atlas. Wow, I cant believe it. Another guy with exactly what I had. There is a lot of confusion around this disorder cause it mainly affects women and is called Perioral Dermatitis. Antibiotics usually clears it up but like you they didn't work for me. I tried everything else you tried and nothing worked. The more I put on,the worse it got. That's because this condition is a cross between Acne Mechanica and Allergic Folliculitis. Friction, Soaps, shaving, after shave and Occlusion damage the skin barrier and it becomes hypersensitive. Zero therapy (No facial cleansers, no moisturizers absolutely nothing) worked well for me. But it never cleared it totally until I stopped the friction and possible allergic nickel reaction from my electric Shaver. I now use the Philips Oneblade and there is zero irritation. The combination of Zero therapy and the Zero friction from my new electric shaver have given me a clearance that I have never been able to achieve with many oral/topical antibiotics,oral /topical Antifungals, Pimecrolimus,Tacrolimus and every home remedy you have read about on the net. Remember, absolutely nothing on your face, not even water. If you have a girlfriend, then sorry, But no kissing. Zero friction.

Hello, a few months back I asked my dermatologist whether it could be a nickel allergy but she told me that allergic reactions don’t generally cause pustules. Nickel allergy results in eczema at sites in contact with nickel so that wouldn’t explain the distribution of my rash. Also, the rash and pustules seem to appear when I am not in contact with the shaver or products containing nickel.

Your Derm is right. Allergic contact dermatitis(ACD) doesn't generally cause Pustules. This is where Derms around the world end up misdiagnosing people. Because if they did their homework and kept up with research, they would know that ACD can cause Pustules on areas of the body where people would have previously suffered from Acne.

Anyway just wanted to add to my previous post that you need to dump your toothpaste too.

Hi Rory,

I am sorry for my late reply. I have been traveling for the last few months.

There has been improvement on my skin condition. The rash has totally disappeared and my skin no longer burns as it used to.
    Pustules, however, are still a major issue. I honestly don't think I have perioral dermatitis as my dermatologist found that the pustules were not typical of PD; they are quite large.
    I have been applying a 5% sulfur cream for the past month but find it ineffective against pustules. I have ordered terpinen-4-ol. We will see if it is of any help.
    Thanks.

Atlas222, if Crotamiton helped you for the first 2 weeks and then you broke out the 3rd one, it could be that your skin followed the die-off pattern of any anti-demodex treatment and that the shaving your beard had nothing to do with your breakout. If I were you, I would either restart Crotamiton or start using Soolantra.

Okay,

Now, this is seriously starting to drive me nuts. What can cause such large pustules to appear on one's skin? What is this condition? I have never had anything like this before. Is this permanent?

I read somewhere that when demodex mites get through the lining of the pore and into the second layer of the skin called the dermis, they may cause severe inflammation such as large inflammatory pustules. It may be this entrance into the skin that is responsible for some of the worst inflammatory aspects of rosacea.

I don't know what to think at this point.
    Attached Images

Default I need your help please. I have posted pictures. Could it be Demodectic Rosacea?

I had the same problem a year ago, tea tree oil 50% healed it in about 2 weeks or less. I attributed it to demodex, but even if it was staphylococcus, tto kills it too.
    Last edited by MariaSt; 4th December 2016 at 03:04 PM.

Hi MariaSt,

Did the tea tree oil make it worse at first? Did you also have large, painful pustules on your face? Did it end up going away?
    I have actually been using 50 per cent tea tree oil for the past few days while I wait for the terpinen-4-ol, which is said to be less irritating, but I now have six or seven large pustules around my mouth. I will continue the treatment and see if it improves.

It didn't cause me new pustules, but the old ones became a little bit more red than before at first. Your reaction to tto is completely normal, it's a die-off, the pustules will go away completely. I don't even use tto any more and the pustules haven't come back.

Hi MariaSt,

I have previously tried Crotamiton, Permethrin, 5% sulfur cream, and now TTO. It's been over two months since I started treating demodex. Shouldn't the mites be dead by now?