Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: I need your help please. I have posted pictures. Could it be Demodectic Rosacea?

Default I need your help please. I have posted pictures. Could it be Demodectic Rosacea?

Wow! Your photos can be used as an advertisement for zz cream. Do you still use it every day?
    Last edited by MariaSt; 19th February 2018 at 02:10 PM.

Hi MariaSt, thank you, yes I still use it every day but as mentioned, I can't seem to get rid of the pustules.

Hi All,

I just wanted to give you a short update on the current state of my skin. After many failed attempts to get rid of my pustules and skin lesions, I have managed to convince a local derm to put me on low dose Accutane. The idea is to use it for a relatively long period of time in order to shrink the oil glands and make the mites' lives more difficult. I am aware that many people are skeptical about isotretinoin, but after four months of use, I have finally been free of pimples, my scalp is no longer itchy, my skin is less oily than it has ever been, and more importantly, I am less psychologically distressed than I have been in the past couple years. My blood results are good, too, and I have not experienced any side effects. That being said, the drug has not affected the redness on my face. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by atlas222 View Post
    Hi All,

I just wanted to give you a short update on the current state of my skin. After many failed attempts to get rid of my pustules and skin lesions, I have managed to convince a local derm to put me on low dose Accutane. The idea is to use it for a relatively long period of time in order to shrink the oil glands and make the mites' lives more difficult. I am aware that many people are skeptical about isotretinoin, but after four months of use, I have finally been free of pimples, my scalp is no longer itchy, my skin is less oily than it has ever been, and more importantly, I am less psychologically distressed than I have been in the past couple years. My blood results are good, too, and I have not experienced any side effects. That being said, the drug has not affected the redness on my face. I hope this helps.
    How about zz cream ? Do you still use it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I still have a jar of zz cream but I don't use at this point.

How is it now ? I have the same issue it seems.

Can ivermectin (oral use) be used for a longer period ,a month ? Are there any side effects?

I think I have the same condition as the original poster, I'd love to know if you got it resolved and got clear skin.

Quote Originally Posted by feckes94 View Post
    Can ivermectin (oral use) be used for a longer period ,a month ? Are there any side effects?
    Some dermatologists using the combined oral anti-parasitic treatment of both oral Ivermectin and oral Metrondiazole do prescribe it for up to one month or even 6 weeks. One dose of oral Ivermectin is given weekly in all cases. They may also vary the size of the oral Metronidazole dosage from between 500 mg /day one time per day to 750 mg/day given in doses of 250mg/dose.

The original medical study published in the May 2013 Journal of Infectious Diseases prescribed a total of 2 doses of the oral Ivermectin given once per week based on body weight. And simultaneously, the patients took oral Metronidazole 3 times a day using 250mg/dose.