Thread: Determination

Default Determination

This illness has unlocked strength in me that I never knew I had. The saying is true that you never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have. People have told me to just accept my limitations and learn to live with them. That's not horrible advice, but that's now how I roll. I won't settle for being satisfied with the little bit of help that the doctors have given me. They don't have the personal stake in this that I do. I'll continue to learn everything that I can, on here and elsewhere, and try every idea that seems to apply and make sense without being dangerous. I'll build my body up to be the best it can be and have the best chance to fight this. I won't stop or give up until I kick this disease's butt into remission or die.

Quote Originally Posted by moonfire241 View Post
    This illness has unlocked strength in me that I never knew I had. The saying is true that you never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have. People have told me to just accept my limitations and learn to live with them. That's not horrible advice, but that's now how I roll. I won't settle for being satisfied with the little bit of help that the doctors have given me. They don't have the personal stake in this that I do. I'll continue to learn everything that I can, on here and elsewhere, and try every idea that seems to apply and make sense without being dangerous. I'll build my body up to be the best it can be and have the best chance to fight this. I won't stop or give up until I kick this disease's butt into remission or die.
    I think that's a good attitude Moonfire. Different people find different solutions to manage their rosacea, so hoping that a doctor will be able to provide the perfect customised solution is not realistic in many cases. It is very satisfying to find ways to reduce the condition.

You can do it!! Many people have come through this forum and go on to find what works for their skin. Some share their success stories here, some don't. But they do get better. It takes patience and trial and error. But with determination, it can happen!

Great determination guys.

Right on.