Thread: Pantoprazole

Default Pantoprazole

I looked this up in search and saw that some people had a decrease in their flushing when they took pantoprazole. Anyone else? My doctor has prescribed this for me and I'm always hesitant to try a new med. I test negative for h. pylori, but my rosacea came about after weight loss surgery.

Try typing in Pantoprazole in the top right corner search box to see the results (you have to be logged in to see any results).
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

I suppose you took antibiotics after the surgery, so maybe they were the culprit for your rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    I suppose you took antibiotics after the surgery, so maybe they were the culprit for your rosacea.
    I'll probably never know exactly what it was. It sure came out of nowhere after that. You could very well be right.

I've never heard of pantoprazole used for flushing. The GERD medication? That's interesting. I see it's used to help eradicate h pylori.

Could you possibly mean propanolol? Propanolol is used by folks here. There are many threads on the forum about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    I've never heard of pantoprazole used for flushing. The GERD medication? That's interesting. I see it's used to help eradicate h pylori.

Could you possibly mean propanolol? Propanolol is used by folks here. There are many threads on the forum about it.
    No, I didn't mean to help the flushing directly. I meant like if there was a stomach connection if healing the stomach would help the symptoms some indirectly.